ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 74 of 1207
« First < 24647071727374 75767778841241745741074 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Donger 08:08 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Will you try one more where you make the dough? It's very easy, I promise. I'll send you a recipe.

Just one more try.
No.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:18 PM 01-01-2016
Originally Posted by Donger:
No.

C'mon, it's almost entirely done in a food processor. One more? Please? I really want you to have some success with this, and I think you can!
[Reply]
Donger 08:39 PM 01-01-2016
C'mon, it's almost entirely done in a food processor. One more? Please? I really want you to have some success with this, and I think you can!
I don't have a "food processor" and I'm not going to invest in one.

Again, my thanks for all your advice. It was and is appreciated.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:46 PM 01-01-2016

Fuck gadgets! Do you have an arm? Do you have a spoon? Do you have a lump of heated rock?
[Reply]
srvy 10:52 PM 01-01-2016
Im going to make this for snacking over the weekend during the games. has anyone had its good stuff Maynard. Engineer brought this into the office Thursday along with bagel bites, bugles and tostitos dippers. I could not stop eating this crack especially on the bugles. I asked him to email me his wife's recipe. And got this evening thought I would share. I tried to copy and paste just the recipe but its protected. One thing I think I will do different is fry up some bacon and crush into the dip.

http://www.spendwithpennies.com/jalapeo-popper-dip/
[Reply]
Dunit35 12:11 AM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Have you looked into ordering some things online?
Originally Posted by srvy:
Im going to make this for snacking over the weekend during the games. has anyone had its good stuff Maynard. Engineer brought this into the office Thursday along with bagel bites, bugles and tostitos dippers. I could not stop eating this crack especially on the bugles. I asked him to email me his wife's recipe. And got this evening thought I would share. I tried to copy and paste just the recipe but its protected. One thing I think I will do different is fry up some bacon and crush into the dip.

http://www.spendwithpennies.com/jalapeo-popper-dip/
We made it yesterday. We didn't add bacon. It was badass and had great flavor.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:16 AM 01-02-2016

If your the cook, I don't understand how you can live without one. It's such a major convenience. But each to his own.
[Reply]
Buzz 12:26 AM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
If your the cook, I don't understand how you can live without one. It's such a major convenience. But each to his own.

I use maybe once a month, if that.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:33 AM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I use maybe once a month, if that.
I don't consider that underused, since they last so long. Mine is 20 years old.
[Reply]
Buzz 12:36 AM 01-02-2016

Hit me, I want to try it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:19 AM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Hit me, I want to try it.

YES! I've wanted to hit you for years! :-)

Standby.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:15 AM 01-02-2016
Originally Posted by :
Makes 2 pizzas

3 cups (16 1/2 ounces) bread flour, plus more for work surface
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
1 1/3 cups ice water (about 10 1/2 ounces)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for work surface
1 1/2 teaspoons table salt

In food processor fitted with metal blade, process flour, sugar, and yeast until combined, about 2 seconds. With machine running, slowly add water through feed tube; process until dough is just combined and no dry flour remains, about 10 seconds. Let dough stand 10 minutes.

Add oil and salt to dough and process until dough forms satiny, sticky ball that clears sides of workbowl, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove dough from bowl and knead briefly on lightly oiled countertop until smooth, about 1 minute. Shape dough into tight ball and place in large, lightly oiled bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 3 days.

One hour before baking pizza, adjust oven rack to second highest position (rack should be about 4 to 5 inches below broiler), set pizza stone on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees. Remove dough from refrigerator and divide in half. Shape each half into smooth, tight ball. Place on lightly oiled baking sheet, spacing them at least 3 inches apart; cover loosely with plastic wrap coated with nonstick cooking spray; let stand for 1 hour.

Coat 1 ball of dough generously with flour and place on well-floured countertop. Using fingertips, gently flatten into 8-inch disk, leaving 1 inch of outer edge slightly thicker than center. Using hands, gently stretch disk into 12-inch round, working along edges and giving disk quarter turns as you stretch. Transfer dough to well-floured peel and stretch into 13-inch round. Top as desired. Slide pizza carefully onto stone and bake until crust is well browned and cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating pizza halfway through. Remove pizza and place on wire rack for 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Shape, top, and bake second pizza.
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 12:46 PM 01-02-2016
Does anybody want to buy a pizza monkey? Donger has one on his back that he might sell. It only weighs 800 pounds.

Dinny
[Reply]
Dinny Bossa Nova 02:11 PM 01-02-2016
Here's how I make a reuben pizza on sourdough rye.

It's gonna take me forever to type this. I'll try to make it understandable. I make the dough in a bread machine. I got the sourdough starter and crock set from King Arthur flour. I use a great big humongous cast iron skillet.

I make and grind my own corned beef. I use rump or round roasts for ground corned beef. I use the words " I use" a lot. I use Alton Brown's corned beef brine recipe. I get the food grade potassium nitrate at Penn Herb website. I got an awesome meat grinder at Grizzly in Springfield.

I make sure that the water in the dough recipe is 75-85 degrees using a quick read thermometer. When the dough cycle begins, I use a small spatula to make sure all ingredients get mixed up in the bread machine right away.

A salad spinner will help get the moisture out the kraut. (I'm guessing, I don't have one) I let it drain in a strainer thingy for a while. I use mustard instead of 1000 islands dressing. Y'all can use either or both or whatever you want to, if you want.

I leave the cheese off for all but the last ~10 minutes of baking, on accounta I like my cheese not brown, stringy and gooey.

That's all the words I can think of to hunt and peck.

4 oz. water 75-85 degrees

4 tbsp. veg. oil

1 cup sourdough starter

2 cups all purpose flour

1 cup rye flour

1 tsp. raw sugar

1 tsp. kosher salt

1.5 teaspoons, give or take caraway seeds

1/2 (heapin') tsp. active dry (not bread machine) yeast

dough setting

get busy in there with your little spatch

lard the pan

warm the cast iron so you don't burn yourself

press the dough out and up the sides of the skillet

(you can let it rise for 15-20, but I don't)

make a groovy spirograph design on the crust with the mustard

cover mustard with drained kraut

cover kraut with all the half-browned corned beef you can stand(it finishes cooking in the pie)

highest setting on oven until I think it's damn good and ready for cheese

a couple pounds of grated baby swiss cheese

10 more minutes

Stuff my face 'til I can't see.

Dinny
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:37 PM 01-02-2016
Lunch.

[Reply]
Page 74 of 1207
« First < 24647071727374 75767778841241745741074 > Last »
Up