ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 1130
« First < 16566263646566 67686970761161665661066 > Last »
The Lounge>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:39 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
America's Test Kitchen. Same folks that do Cook's Illustrated.
Ohhhh!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:42 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
Thanks BEP.
You're welcome. That's a big mofo pizza there you're making.

Now if I didn't recall correctly ask the man buy the pizza counter where they sell pizza they make it daily.
[Reply]
Donger 04:14 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
You're welcome. That's a big mofo pizza there you're making.

Now if I didn't recall correctly ask the man buy the pizza counter where they sell pizza they make it daily.
I sent the wife to get the dough...

:-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:39 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
I sent the wife to get the dough...

:-)
:-)


Such a manly man!
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 06:58 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
How much dough to make a "normal" crust 16" pizza?
An ounce per inch thin crust
[Reply]
PackerinMo 07:00 PM 12-28-2015
Tuna Casserole. And I bought some Rocky Road to eat for dessert later.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:16 PM 12-28-2015
Breakfast, waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy. And some smoked bacon that a long time customer always gives me at Christmas time. He always smoked it himself and was very proud of it, and it's excellent.


He passed away two months ago and made his regular people their Christmas gift prior to that.

He was a good old guy, ww2 vet. Old as the hills. Made pliers from a single block of wood, leaned it at a world's fair.

Rip old man.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:25 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Breakfast, waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy. And some smoked bacon that a long time customer always gives me at Christmas time. He always smoked it himself and was very proud of it, and it's excellent.


He passed away two months ago and made his regular people their Christmas gift prior to that.

He was a good old guy, ww2 vet. Old as the hills. Made pliers from a single block of wood, leaned it at a world's fair.

Rip old man.
RIP. They don't make them like that anymore.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:35 PM 12-28-2015
Bad Daddy Burgers. It is a chain in NC, SC, TN, and CO. I had the Sam I Am Burger: topped with an egg, rosemary ham, and pesto. So good.
[Reply]
Buzz 10:01 PM 12-28-2015
I thought Donger was having a pizza party? I was getting kinda hungry.
[Reply]
Donger 08:46 AM 12-29-2015
Well, that pizza attempt was a cluster fuck... Per instructions, I took the dough out of the fridge one hour before and let it sit on the counter. It didn't rise at all, which it said it would. No matter what I did, it would just pull back as I tried to wrangle it into shape. I used my roller and hands. I finally got it to be about 10 inches, but not even close to being circular.

Any ideas? Too cold? Too warm?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:48 AM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well, that pizza attempt was a cluster ****... Per instructions, I took the dough out of the fridge one hour before and let it sit on the counter. It didn't rise at all, which it said it would. No matter what I did, it would just pull back as I tried to wrangle it into shape. I used my roller and hands. I finally got it to be about 10 inches, but not even close to being circular.

Any ideas? Too cold? Too warm?
too cold. I'd be surprised if an hour was enough, unless your house is pretty warm. did you put it in a covered bowl to rise?
[Reply]
Donger 09:00 AM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
too cold. I'd be surprised if an hour was enough, unless your house is pretty warm. did you put it in a covered bowl to rise?
Fuck.

No, my house is not warm. It's 65F during the winter during the day.

I put the dough in a bowl, but didn't cover it. When i put it in the bowl, I actually remembered seeing people cover it with plastic wrap or a wet towel but for some reason, didn't.

Crap.

:-)

"The sauce is great though, Dad!"
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:08 AM 12-29-2015
Holy Crap—I'd freeze to death in your house! That's outdoor weather.

My house is routinely 80°-81°! With AC on or off. Except for a few weeks out of each winter from Jan-Feb.

When I lived in Boston it was usually a toasty 74°.
[Reply]
Donger 09:10 AM 12-29-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Holy Crap—I'd freeze to death in your house! That's outdoor weather.

My house is routinely 80°-81°! With AC on or off. Except for a few weeks out of each winter from Jan-Feb.

When I lived in Boston it was usually a toasty 74°.
And I'd kill everyone in yours...

Set point is 60F overnight. :-)
[Reply]
Page 66 of 1130
« First < 16566263646566 67686970761161665661066 > Last »
Up