ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 1207
« First < 131920212223 2425262733731235231023 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Squalor2 04:54 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
See, I like it because if I have the traditional breakfast fare - the bacon or sausage, eggs, etc. - in the morning, it generally makes me sick to my stomach for a good while after. Not the case in the evenings.

same here. for me i think its the eggs, scrambled/omelette, over easy, fried hard, doesn't matter i still get queasy. drinking a glass of milk about 10 minutes after i've eaten fixes the worst of it.

anyone have any good scotch egg ideas?
[Reply]
ptlyon 04:56 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
stuffed pork chops from HY-VEE.

I am so glad it finally opened here!
You'll regret it
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:57 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
same here. for me i think its the eggs, scrambled/omelette, over easy, fried hard, doesn't matter i still get queasy. drinking a glass of milk about 10 minutes after i've eaten fixes the worst of it.

anyone have any good scotch egg ideas?
If I can be up for 2-3 hours before I eat, I'm fine with breakfast food. Just weird that lunch/dinner foods don't bother me.

I just generally don't like eating breakfast, but my doc gets irate with me when I tell him I'm not eating breakfast much...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:08 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You'll regret it
HyVee or the Chops?

ALways loved HyVee. They are new to the MPLS market
[Reply]
Squalor2 05:09 PM 10-18-2015
eating a slice of pizza, banana, oatmeal, no problems. you're right on the not eating right away if the day allows it. i've always looked at breakfast as the most important meal of the day so about twice a week i deal with it. it's also why i am a fan of brunch.
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:18 PM 10-18-2015
HyVee or the Chops?

ALways loved HyVee. They are new to the MPLS market
Hy vee in general. They will be cheap at first, but then muscle out competitors and offer a shit product for big money. Glad we still have Fareway entrenched here.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:24 PM 10-18-2015
we have Cub and walmart for the cheapness factor
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:41 PM 10-18-2015
we have Cub and walmart for the cheapness factor
Trust me, they will get you hooked at first and then the quality will go down. Can't beat the selection though, like right about now they will start getting fresh oysters.
[Reply]
mcculver5 06:29 PM 10-18-2015
Spent the afternoon making meatballs and sauce. To great effect.

132 meatballs. Most of that goes into the freezer for take to school lunches.

Thought about going to the range, but my shooting buddies were busy playing with the other kids on the block.

Never considered watching the game.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:31 PM 10-18-2015
Aldi for the basics, Hy-Vee for meat and the sales. Hy-Vee is still cheaper than Price Chopper and I'm not shopping Walmart. It's the four choices I have.
[Reply]
Buzz 06:38 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by mcculver5:
Spent the afternoon making meatballs and sauce. To great effect.

132 meatballs. Most of that goes into the freezer for take to school lunches.

Thought about going to the range, but my shooting buddies were busy playing with the other kids on the block.

Never considered watching the game.

132 meatballs for lunch? are you the lunch lady?
[Reply]
mcculver5 07:46 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
132 meatballs for lunch? are you the lunch lady?
LOL. A dude who won't let his kids eat what passes for school lunches.

My oldest loves my meatballs so I make a huge batch every few weeks for lunches and an easy meal for my wife.

Time consuming, but very worth it.

We also give some away to new parents and people who have a sick/dying relative.

Thaw them out, warm them up, boil some noodles and viola! Fresh cooked meal for folks on the edge of sanity.

At least one new mother has remarked that she " still dreams of my meatballs."

They're pretty good.
[Reply]
Fire Me Wife! 05:35 AM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
We are having same! Eggs, hash browns, pork smoked bacon, breakfast sausage, homemade salsa. We roll all that in tortillas.

That is because breakfast has all the best foods.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:55 PM 10-19-2015
Well, fuck me. I was taking part of that pork belly and sous videing it today. As I was pulling it out, a hole ruptured and almost all of the juice went down the drain. Sonofabitch, I was wanting to use that to reduce and mix into mayo.

[Reply]
listopencil 01:01 PM 10-19-2015
Wife says breakfast for dinner. So I've got eggs, sausage, hash browns, homemade bread for toast.
This is totally unrelated, but I was at the grocery store today and swung by the deli because I hadn't had lunch yet. They had what was listed as "lemon capellini pasta" in their salad section. I was going to ignore it until I recalled your comment in another thread about using lemon juice in the same way that I use vinegar. So I tried it...holy shit, it was delicious. It had capers, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, chunks of Roma tomato and a handful different spices that worked well together. I think this is the first time I have ever had any kind of savory dish with citrus that I enjoyed. I bought two pounds of it and consumed it immediately.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 1207
« First < 131920212223 2425262733731235231023 > Last »
Up