ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>MCU Phase 4 Trailer
Tribal Warfare 01:27 PM 05-03-2021

[Reply]
Bowser 03:05 PM 05-03-2021
There IS an MCU meta discussion thread. Just sayin.

I think I'm kind of hyped for the Eternals.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:23 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
There IS an MCU meta discussion thread. Just sayin.

I think I'm kind of hyped for the Eternals.

Rumors yes, actual material deserves its own thread
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:25 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Rumors yes, actual material deserves its own thread
Agreed. Stoked for Eternals...

I got a little teary eyed hearing stan too. Man I love the mcu.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:26 PM 05-04-2021
I've watched this trailer atleast 15x now
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:37 PM 05-04-2021
Avengers assemble gets me every time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:26 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It occurred to me as I finished up the MCU canon recently that my parents haven't seen a minute of MCU. I know my dad would love it, and likely mom too, but DEFINITELY dad. But I'm trying to figure out how to sell them on umpteen hours of viewing [they're retired, so that have the time. Mom would probably actually enjoy it more because, left to his own devices, dad binges that History channel stuff. So mom crochets and tunes it out.] while hinting at the big payoffs in the end without spoiling those same payoffs.

Be great to get them to the Avengers Assemble moment knowing they appreciate all that went into it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:57 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It occurred to me as I finished up the MCU canon recently that my parents haven't seen a minute of MCU. I know my dad would love it, and likely mom too, but DEFINITELY dad. But I'm trying to figure out how to sell them on umpteen hours of viewing [they're retired, so that have the time. Mom would probably actually enjoy it more because, left to his own devices, dad binges that History channel stuff. So mom crochets and tunes it out.] while hinting at the big payoffs in the end without spoiling those same payoffs.

Be great to get them to the Avengers Assemble moment knowing they appreciate all that went into it.
I'd suggest to them that they watch all 22 Marvel films chronologically because for all intents and purposes, it's 22 episode "TV" series, with everything culminating in Endgame.

IMO, it's far more enjoyable than catching one of the films here and there because it's easy to miss the McGuffin of the series, which of course is the Infinity Stones.

I watched them here and there over years so when I finally saw Infinity War and Endgame, the impact was greatly lessened. Once I watched them chronologically, everything changed. I couldn't believe the cohesion and while some films were less entertaining (Thor & Thor 2 come to mind), the best films (Captain America: The Winter Soldier & Civil War, along with my favorite, Thor 3) are mindblowingly awesome. And of course, Infinity War and Engame are amazingly well done films and are probably the best of the entire run.

It's also interesting to see how the characters change over the course of the series, not to mention, their growth as actors. Hemsworth of Thor 3 was 100 times better as an actor than he was in the first Thor film. Chris Pratt's growth from Community to Guardians 2 (not to mention, Infinity War and Engame) is palpable.

Anyway, I know it sounds like a Big Ask when there are 22 movies involved but if you pitch it to them akin to a TV series, they might be more receptive.

And once they get into it, well, there's almost no stopping, at least not for me!

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

I’m jealous. My parents could give two shits about comic book movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:30 AM 05-06-2021
I saw Star Wars, Empire and Return of the Jedi in theaters, the latter of the two on opening day in Kansas City. I even saw The Phantom Menace on opening night in Century City (I'm sure I've told the story about OJ Simpson that night as well).

But I would trade all of that to have seen Endgame in a theater, especially if I had seen the other 21 movies beforehand in chronological order.

I've seen the fan reaction videos on YouTube and it's almost gut-wrenching to know that I missed out on something so amazing and with people that were just as invested as I became post-release, especially since I believe they caught lightening in a bottle.

I have a difficult time believing that Marvel will be able to replicate the experience of First Avenger through Endgame again.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I saw Star Wars, Empire and Return of the Jedi in theaters, the latter of the two on opening day in Kansas City. I even saw The Phantom Menace on opening night in Century City (I'm sure I've told the story about OJ Simpson that night as well).

But I would trade all of that to have seen Endgame in a theater, especially if I had seen the other 21 movies beforehand in chronological order.

I've seen the fan reaction videos on YouTube and it's almost gut-wrenching to know that I missed out on something so amazing and with people that were just as invested as I became post-release, especially since I believe they caught lightening in a bottle.

I have a difficult time believing that Marvel will be able to replicate the experience of First Avenger through Endgame again.
We saw both. Infinity War and Endgame both were amazing for very different reasons. Infinity War....the entire theater sat silent when everyone started turning to dust. You could tell that most of the audience had no clue that shit was about to go down.

Endgame? Fuuuuuuuuuuck. Shit broke out in applause and screams when Steve held Mjolnir for the first time and then again for Avengers Assemble. It was crazy.

The only thing I’ve seen rival it in experiences was watching the first Jackass in theaters. It was non stop talking and laughing that made the experience great.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:43 AM 05-06-2021

IMO they won't, and in spite of their best efforts I think it's already going downhill from a creativity standpoint.
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:53 AM 05-06-2021
Gets me as well!! Although when I hear “On your left!” Chills and I actually get a bit emotional. That trailer just did it to me again, damnit!!

Can’t wait to get back to the movies!!!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:05 PM 05-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
IMO they won't, and in spite of their best efforts I think it's already going downhill from a creativity standpoint.
There will be moments, as WandaVision has already proven, where they recapture the magic. But yeah, as an arc, most likely not.
[Reply]
Spott 12:13 PM 05-06-2021

Damn, I figured that you would have seen that in theaters when it opened up as much as you are into Marvel and the movie industry. I saw it in theaters on the Thursday before opening night and again at downtown Disney the next night. It was just as crazy as all those YouTube videos. It’s hard to imagine that they will ever be able to build a story with that much hype again.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up