ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>'Godzilla vs. Kong' Likely the Latest Tentpole to Go to a Streamer
Tribal Warfare 11:19 PM 11-25-2020

Exclusive: 'Godzilla vs. Kong' likely the latest tentpole to go to a streamer https://t.co/oqlxUlCYTf pic.twitter.com/so3kC2C48m

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) November 26, 2020

[Reply]
Ceej 11:43 AM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I loved Charlie Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy, but I thought he was a poor casting in Pacific Rim due to how much Narration it had. (he is a terrible narrator imo).

That said, I still loved the movie. The fight scenes were amazing, especially in comparison to Godzilla vs Kong.
Maybe I should give it another chance, especially if that's the route the Kong/Godzilla movies go in the future.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:37 PM 04-15-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Pacific Rim Jaeger crossover
My hope is we get a modern version for Jet ****ing Jaguar!!!

via Gfycat

[Reply]
Rasputin 12:14 PM 04-22-2021
Really I think they should to do the back story of the original titans and battles of the ancient and that can explain the extinction of dinosaurs and keep humans out of it. I so badly want a monster fight without humans being the influence on the victor.
[Reply]
fincherdavid 04-23-2021, 04:23 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Mennonite 08:55 AM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
My hope is we get a modern version for Jet ****ing Jaguar!!!
As a kid I watched that movie a million times on an old vhs tape:

[Reply]
Rausch 10:59 AM 05-05-2021
So it appears this did well enough at the theaters+streaming to continue the Monsterverse in some form.

What's next and who directs is still up in the air...
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:32 PM 05-19-2021
this movie was absolute horse shit. the only redeeming quality is it looked great in 4K. :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:55 PM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
this movie was absolute horse shit. the only redeeming quality is it looked great in 4K. :-)
It was extremely disappointing. The entire "mechagodzilla" part was terrible. Also, the movie premise made no sense, even within its own self. And there were far too many "WTF?" issues (again, even within its own self).
[Reply]
Rausch 04:11 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It was extremely disappointing. The entire "mechagodzilla" part was terrible. Also, the movie premise made no sense, even within its own self. And there were far too many "WTF?" issues (again, even within its own self).
It was a Godzilla movie. You might as well say the same thing about Eraserhead.

Actually I think they screwed up by changing course after the first film. They should have entered the ring as traditional cheese or stayed the course with the more realistic approach. Anyone who watched any of the 2014 film and just came back for this one (a lot of people actually) didn't know what to think. The last two films played to the traditional Godzilla fanbase (with fan service) and got a big "meh" from the normies.

I also think a good chunk (likely an hour or more) was left on the cutting room floor. A lot of scenes went from set up to payoff and you could tell there was more they just cut and it played silly and nonsensical.

Even I didn't think they'd completely abandon reality and go full WWE/Toho with it but they did. It's unfortunate because I think the 2014 film set up a more "real" universe...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:14 PM 09-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Really I think they should to do the back story of the original titans and battles of the ancient and that can explain the extinction of dinosaurs and keep humans out of it.
I would so love a monster movie 90% or more from the POV of the monster.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:00 PM 09-26-2021

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:06 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
It was a Godzilla movie. You might as well say the same thing about Eraserhead.

Actually I think they screwed up by changing course after the first film. They should have entered the ring as traditional cheese or stayed the course with the more realistic approach. Anyone who watched any of the 2014 film and just came back for this one (a lot of people actually) didn't know what to think. The last two films played to the traditional Godzilla fanbase (with fan service) and got a big "meh" from the normies.

I also think a good chunk (likely an hour or more) was left on the cutting room floor. A lot of scenes went from set up to payoff and you could tell there was more they just cut and it played silly and nonsensical.

Even I didn't think they'd completely abandon reality and go full WWE/Toho with it but they did. It's unfortunate because I think the 2014 film set up a more "real" universe...

Hollywood sucks at making Godzilla movies. It can't handle the conflict of science versus fiction in such movies. And that leads to terrible stories, a complete inability to maintain the integrity of the cinematic universe, and huge "plot" holes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:21 AM 10-01-2021
All you do is bitch and complain. I saw your name as the last post in this thread and KNEW that you'd be bitching about a goddamn Godzilla movie.

I had to check to see if i was right, and sure 'nuff. Too funny.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:22 AM 10-01-2021
Hollywood sucks at making Godzilla movies.
:-)

There's nothing more "Hollywood" than a Godzilla movie. Plot holes in a monster movie about a goddamn radioactive iguana that shoots w/e the fuck that is out of his mouth? Who also gets down with a giant monkey? PLOT HOLES YOU SAY??? NO FREAKING WAY??

:-) :-)

You crack me up, man.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:26 AM 10-01-2021
You know you're a stuffy curmudgeon asshole when you sit down to watch a Godzilla movie and go, "ERMERGARD, This movie just isn't realistic enough. LAAAAME!"

:-)
[Reply]
Kman34 10:48 AM 10-01-2021
Godzilla movies are awful and awesome at the same time…
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up