ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 28
« First < 142021222324 25262728 >
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Jamie 10:22 PM 03-13-2021
It's funny you've watched through episode 16, because episode 17 is the exact point the show gets good. I would say it's worth the time as a show, but it doesn't have much relevance to the MCU. I think at some point Feige said it's not canon.
[Reply]
Fish 11:00 PM 03-13-2021
First couple seasons of Agents of Shield were pretty good actually. But yeah, that show took a pretty epic nosedive the last couple seasons. Just completely fell off the rails. I gave up on it.

I watched Agent Carter too. It was just OK, not much action.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:52 PM 03-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I watched Agent Carter a few weeks back and started Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. about 10 days ago.

I'm 16 episodes in but there are 136 in total, so it's going to take a looooooooooooooong time to finish it.

Is it worth the time?
I gave up on ghost rider arc. The mcu didn't want them included so I lost interest and the one chick was my least favorite character.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:02 AM 03-14-2021
Soo.

Everyone that got snapped and came back Carrie's the gene. Dealing with one of the stones again or certain magic activates it.

Wanda turned on the powers of those in the town.

Dr strange inadvertently turns on the entire planets. This may be done in spiderman or his own movie.

Need to retcon magneto and Xavier though.

I think dp is the new stan Lee character if only he is being brought over. If colossus and others will make it odd unless his previous 2 movies were post snap by a while.
[Reply]
Fish 12:07 AM 03-14-2021
There was also The Inhumans that went for a season or two. They sort of acted like they wanted to tie that into Shield for a while. LOL, holy shit was that trash though....
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 03-14-2021
At this point, it's hard to figure out if The Agents of SHIELD are going to be considered canon or not. It seems the MCU has gone out of its way to not include those characters or story arcs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:36 AM 03-14-2021
Thanks, guys!

After the conclusion of WandaVision, I read that Agents of Shield also had a storyline about The Darkhold, which made me wonder if I'd missed anything else related to the Infinity Saga or MCU in AoS. It's not a bad show but it's pretty difficult for me to wrap my head around another 120 40 minute episodes, especially if they're inconsequential to greater story.

I enjoyed Agent Carter but I think I would have enjoyed much more if that series had the kind of budget Disney+ is doling out for their new MCU series. I found the subplot with the Russian assassin school to be really interesting, which is why it's kind of odd that they're revisiting that in Black Widow but hopefully it'll all tie together.

AoS seems like it's in its own little world and I really couldn't care less to watch the "sexual tension" between Fitz & Simmons or Ward & May or Skye and everyone else. I want to see story moved forward, not a CSI-style Procedural masquerading as Marvel.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:18 PM 03-14-2021
No way it can be cannon.

It has

Spoiler!


In a much different story than MCU

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:30 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
No way it can be cannon.

It has

Spoiler!


In a much different story than MCU

Spoiler!
Well, from what I've read on MCU sites is that the Darkhold has had many forms and appearances over the course of Marvel comics history, which is why I decided to start AoS so that I'd have some backstory if things in the series make it to the MCU.

I guess it's kind of like how just about every Marvel superhero has died and been resurrected over the years. The Darkhold has many forms and powers, so the writers can bend that McGuffin to their own wishes.

Or something like that. It's kind of difficult to keep up at times with all of the lore. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhader 01:42 PM 03-14-2021
AoS is worth watching at least through the Captain America: Winter Soldier tie in and aftermath. The behind the scenes story of that mess is interesting. It did get near unwatchable towards the end though. And the season after what I thought was the final season I decided was unwatchable after only two maybe three episodes.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:51 PM 03-14-2021
The
Spoiler!
were ok I guess, but it was almost like they locked the writers in a room for a month with unlimited blow and coffee and told them to come up with something completely new and daring, lol.


*Avoid the spoiler, Dane. Lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:52 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
AoS is worth watching at least through the Captain America: Winter Soldier tie in and aftermath. The behind the scenes story of that mess is interesting. It did get near unwatchable towards the end though. And the season after what I thought was the final season I decided was unwatchable after only two maybe three episodes.
I was quite surprised that the tie-in came pretty quickly, somewhere around Episode 12 IIRC, which is another reason why I was questioning whether or not to continue.

It's kind of weird to me that it's called Agents of SHIELD when in the movies, SHIELD ceases to exist after Black Widow dumps all of SHIELD's and Hydra's secrets on the internet for the world to see.

The series finale was May 20, 2020 yet a few months later, we see SWORD in WandaVision with no mention of SHIELD, which is also confusing.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:59 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I was quite surprised that the tie-in came pretty quickly, somewhere around Episode 12 IIRC, which is another reason why I was questioning whether or not to continue.

It's kind of weird to me that it's called Agents of SHIELD when in the movies, SHIELD ceases to exist after Black Widow dumps all of SHIELD's and Hydra's secrets on the internet for the world to see.

The series finale was May 20, 2020 yet a few months later, we see SWORD in WandaVision with no mention of SHIELD, which is also confusing.
It's quasi-explained why SHIELD is still used. Multi-faceted, if you will.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:03 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The
Spoiler!


*Avoid the spoiler, Dane. Lol
I remember flipping channels sometime in 2017 or 2018 and stopping on AoS, only to see the that characters were on a spaceship. I immediately thought, "WTF?".

Right then and there I thought, "Well, this show jumped the shark".

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:09 PM 03-14-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I remember flipping channels sometime in 2017 or 2018 and stopping on AoS, only to see the that characters were on a spaceship. I immediately thought, "WTF?".

Right then and there I thought, "Well, this show jumped the shark".

:-)
And then went on for several more seasons. :-)

I kinda get it. If they stayed home and safe it would require crossover with MCU events. So they sent them WAAAAY the fuck out there.

And it sucked.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 28
« First < 142021222324 25262728 >
Up