ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 123 of 252
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 PM 10-16-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
So my last new gaming systems were the PS2 and the Wii. I haven't played video games since then. I'm planning on a PS5, and I figure I can save a lot of money by picking up used PS4 versions of games. Trying to compile a list of interesting games. I cut my teeth on FPS and exploration-type games, starting with old-school Doom and Wolfenstein, Marathon on the Mac system (Bungie's first awesome game), then later with the Resident Evil and Tomb Raider stuff. Also enjoyed GTA3 and Vice City. I have no interested in MMOs because I hate people. I've heard some game names like:

- Red Dead Redemption
- The Last of Us
- Skyrim
- Left 4 Dead

Any other good horror or sci-fi FPS or exploration type games I should consider?
If you wanna play a really great RPG, skip Skyrim and play the Witcher 3. Skyrim is great too but Witcher is just that much better.
[Reply]
Fish 09:22 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
AC is my favorite video game series by far. I can't wait.
I didn't really put much time into the series until Origins came out. The ones before that I never completed. I didn't like the fighting style or the stealth. But Origins and Odyssey, man ohh man. Those 2 were incredible. Put lots of hours into those. The ship upgrading and pirating in Odyssey an absolute blast. The weapons were fun. By the end, I was a pyromaniac with flaming weapons, bows and arrows, etc.

Viking action sounds like a blast...
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:34 AM 10-17-2020
Who got them PS5's!!!???!!!!
[Reply]
Fish 09:47 AM 10-17-2020
Them what?

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:22 AM 10-17-2020
Origins and Odyssey have gotten a lot of flack for not feeling like true Assassin's Creed games but they're among my faves of the series. I'd say Origins and AC: Brotherhood are probably the best of the lot. Bayek was a great character with incredible voice acting and it was great being able to see Ezio's journey from his teenage years until his death.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:23 AM 10-17-2020
But, man, I fucking HATE anything ship related in those games. I have never once enjoyed any mission, battle or travel involving a ship in AC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:37 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I didn't really put much time into the series until Origins came out. The ones before that I never completed. I didn't like the fighting style or the stealth. But Origins and Odyssey, man ohh man. Those 2 were incredible. Put lots of hours into those. The ship upgrading and pirating in Odyssey an absolute blast. The weapons were fun. By the end, I was a pyromaniac with flaming weapons, bows and arrows, etc.

Viking action sounds like a blast...
Black Flag was my first foray into the series and my review would sound much like this. The ship upgrading and pirating was a blast.

I loved that game so much, I instantly went back and played them all from the first one on up.

They're all a bit different but they're all great. I would give them a try if I were you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 AM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
But, man, I fucking HATE anything ship related in those games. I have never once enjoyed any mission, battle or travel involving a ship in AC.
You didn't like Black Flag?!?!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:45 AM 10-17-2020
You didn't like Black Flag?!?!
I loved everything about it except actually playing it.

Same for the one with Adewale. I think it was Freedom Cry?

Give me a densely populated city or vast countryside over the ocean all day.
[Reply]
Fish 10:57 AM 10-17-2020
Black Flag was my first foray into the series and my review would sound much like this. The ship upgrading and pirating was a blast.

I loved that game so much, I instantly went back and played them all from the first one on up.

They're all a bit different but they're all great. I would give them a try if I were you.
Thanks, I'll check out Black Flag. Didn't realize that one had ship related stuff too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Thanks, I'll check out Black Flag. Didn't realize that one had ship related stuff too.
Yeah, the ship stuff started in AC3 but it was very brief and stripped down, kind of like Origins.

With Black Flag, a good 50-60% of the game takes place on a ship if you spend time on it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:13 PM 10-17-2020
I was lucky to get black flag on sail
[Reply]
Otter 02:16 PM 10-17-2020
Ezio & AC2 was my favorite of which I played. I'm with King on the ship stuff.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:27 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I was lucky to get black flag on sail
*seinfeld theme plays*
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:15 PM 10-17-2020
Originally Posted by JD10367:
So my last new gaming systems were the PS2 and the Wii. I haven't played video games since then. I'm planning on a PS5, and I figure I can save a lot of money by picking up used PS4 versions of games. Trying to compile a list of interesting games. I cut my teeth on FPS and exploration-type games, starting with old-school Doom and Wolfenstein, Marathon on the Mac system (Bungie's first awesome game), then later with the Resident Evil and Tomb Raider stuff. Also enjoyed GTA3 and Vice City. I have no interested in MMOs because I hate people. I've heard some game names like:

- Red Dead Redemption
- The Last of Us
- Skyrim
- Left 4 Dead

Any other good horror or sci-fi FPS or exploration type games I should consider?
Playstation now streaming service has lots of great horror games.

Silent Hill 2 and 3 (if you haven’t played these drop everything you’re doing and play them, especially 2, imo the greatest video game ever made)
RE7
RE4 (barely horror but ppl love his game, it’s not my fav personally)
RE Code Veronica (better than RE4 IMO)
Amnesia: Dark Descent is terrifying
Bio shock series
I’ve heard Soma is amazing, I just downloaded it, it’s in PS Now as well

Definitely play both Red Dead’s. I slightly prefer the first one but both are incredible. Horizon Zero Dawn is a great open world game. Also, RE2 remake is excellent.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 252
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up