ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 37
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Media Center>Fear the Walking Dead (TWD companion series)
Fire Me Boy! 02:51 PM 03-27-2015

IT'S OFFICIAL! The walking dead companion show on AMC is called FEAR THE WALKING DEAD! Expect more news very soon! #FearTheWalkingDead

— Robert Kirkman (@RobertKirkman) March 27, 2015

[Reply]
frankotank 08:39 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
You don't press your eye socket to a scope on any gun, much less a .50. Scopes have different eye relief distances that you position your eye at that allows you to see the entire view through the scope. Closer or further away and you only get a partial picture.
what about opening your mouth on a 50 (hahaha see what I did there)...is that legit or hollywood?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:02 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
what about opening your mouth on a 50 (hahaha see what I did there)...is that legit or hollywood?
Pretty sure you need to wear ear protection.
[Reply]
notorious 09:08 AM 09-29-2015
so glad somebody mentioned this because I'd have forgotten to ask.
I've never shot a 50 cal....but come ON!
they told him to put his cheek on the stock and open his mouth.
is this really what you should do? as for the kickback knocking him senseless....how ARE you supposed to look thru the sight? you can't have you eye up against it....right?

how would you shoot that damn thing?

PS - a 50 cal shot to the head would have taken off the entire head. agreed?
A decent scope will let you keep your eye around 2-3" away from the back lens even at max power.

If you put your eye against the eyepiece, you really can't see shit.

And yes, a .50 would have liquified the top portion of a zombie/person.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:48 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Pretty sure you need to wear ear protection.
well they'd said something about pressure blowing your eye up....something like that....so that's why you need to open your mouth. just wondered if true.
[Reply]
Gonzo 11:29 AM 09-29-2015
well they'd said something about pressure blowing your eye up....something like that....so that's why you need to open your mouth. just wondered if true.
The gun had a muzzle break. I've shot a .50 cal several times and never did that. I did have ear protection on though. I suppose if you're ears, mouth and nose are closed, that might cause pressure issues with that weapon but I've never been told that.

Second largest weapon I've fired (and currently own) is a .458 Winchester mag with a 500 grain bullet. That's used for African thick skinned animals like water buffalo, rhinos, elephants and engine blocks. It does feel like someone thumped you in the nose with a rubber mallet when you shoot it but only for second.

My Elk rifle is a .338 Win Mag. I was taking a quick shot at one and the damn butt plate slipped under my arm. That damn near knocked me unconcious and left a nice little scar. Had blood running down my forhead from the scope. Scope-nose FTW.

Everyone's done it once or twice. I wanted dude to do it the other night just to end the goddamned thing. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 11:32 AM 09-29-2015
Nah.

My buddy has a Barrett .50 Semi, and I have shot it a bunch.

It's a lot more bark than bite when it comes to recoil.

Standing next to it is way worse. Pussy dad would have been better off behind the gun than beside it when it game to the muzzle blast.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:42 AM 09-29-2015
hollywood. I knew it.
I've shot many guns....but not many with a site....other than small cal.
never a 50. honestly.....I'm not really sure I'd want to. I think I'd be afeard.
[Reply]
notorious 11:46 AM 09-29-2015
hollywood. I knew it.
I've shot many guns....but not many with a site....other than small cal.
never a 50. honestly.....I'm not really sure I'd want to. I think I'd be afeard.
If you get the opportunity you have to take it.

I am not impressed with their accuracy, but damn that's a lot of lead flying very fast.

I held a 10 round mag that contained 1 pound of lead. That was just the bullets, not the case and powder. :-)
[Reply]
frankotank 11:52 AM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by notorious:
If you get the opportunity you have to take it.

I am not impressed with their accuracy, but damn that's a lot of lead flying very fast.

I held a 10 round mag that contained 1 pound of lead. That was just the bullets, not the case and powder. :-)
:-)
aight den....I reckon I'd try.

now....I've seen a video of a soldier sniper shot that pretty much blew the dude in half. honestly don't wanna see it again. but I would've sworn that was a 50. if so then the head shot in the show was uber ridiculous.
[Reply]
notorious 11:55 AM 09-29-2015
aight den....I reckon I'd try.

now....I've seen a video of a soldier sniper shot that pretty much blew the dude in half. honestly don't wanna see it again. but I would've sworn that was a 50. if so then the head shot in the show was uber ridiculous.
FTWD is a little more toned-down than TWD. The only "Holy Shit" moment so far is the barber taking a shotgun to the neighbor's face.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:05 PM 09-29-2015
FTWD is a little more toned-down than TWD. The only "Holy Shit" moment so far is the barber taking a shotgun to the neighbor's face.
oddly enough ANOTHER gun moment I found to be not believable. point blank in the face and it took two shots. hahaha. ok.....
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:16 PM 09-29-2015
Originally Posted by kepp:
Best episode yet. The barber is awesome...gave me a few ideas on how to greet my daughter's first date a few years down the road - "The man with the knife and the man in the chair aren't so different. /smile"

It took a lot, but I think pacifist dad is starting to get it. The finale should be really good.
That part made me feel sick to my stomach.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:04 PM 09-29-2015
Nah.

My buddy has a Barrett .50 Semi, and I have shot it a bunch.

It's a lot more bark than bite when it comes to recoil.

Standing next to it is way worse. Pussy dad would have been better off behind the gun than beside it when it game to the muzzle blast.
Holy shit. Do you guys down there have more money than sense? :P

I'm going to hide in my basement now, because that thing will probably reach my house from where you are.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:31 AM 09-30-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy shit. Do you guys down there have more money than sense? :P

I'm going to hide in my basement now, because that thing will probably reach my house from where you are.
Just a quick google search shows they are about 2-3 dollars a shot. I wouldn't mind blowing about 20-30 bucks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:13 AM 09-30-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Just a quick google search shows they are about 2-3 dollars a shot. I wouldn't mind blowing about 20-30 bucks.
Price the gun.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 37
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up