ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 57
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>Horror Movies
Sorter 05:50 PM 10-18-2012
Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
[Reply]
Chieficus 11:08 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Whether you buy into the scientific reasoning or not would depend on your supernatural beliefs. I'm sure for many people who choose faith over science, they probably think they're being visited by demons etc.
I actually do believe in God, angels, demons, the supernatural, and stuff... But no reason to call something demons when there's a different, rational explanation. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:11 AM 10-16-2015
Originally Posted by Chieficus:
I actually do believe in God, angels, demons, the supernatural, and stuff... But no reason to call something demons when there's a different, rational explanation. :-)
For her entire life my wife thought she saw something supernatural when she was a kid. After exploring this documentary, her experience matched sleep paralysis perfectly.

One less horror story to tell.
[Reply]
beach tribe 03:19 PM 10-16-2015
For her entire life my wife thought she saw something supernatural when she was a kid. After exploring this documentary, her experience matched sleep paralysis perfectly.

One less horror story to tell.
Same thing happened to me. I figured it out after waking from a lucid dream. I was already aware that I was dreaming when I also became aware of my physical surroundings, but was paralysed and could feel a presence. I instantly remembered my terrifying experience as a child that I thought was a demon or some shit.

Cant help but add that the lucid dream was about getting arrested and locked away for a loooong time. Dreadful.
Until I became lucid and decided that I was Magneto.

Good times.
[Reply]
threebag 03:37 PM 10-16-2015
Kids will like Goosebumps. Not a bad flick.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:51 AM 10-17-2015
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Take my word on this,the best way to watch the tv miniseries of The Shining is to get the DVD and watch it straight through(4.5 hours),it's not even close to being as bad as others are saying.

I love both films but as stated Kubrick really took liberties with his version and from what I understand King was none to happy thus he was also the executive producer of the tv series so he could have the input and so it followed the book to a tee including hedge animals and the denver croquet mallet.
Agreed. The mini series shining was one of the scariest thing I ever experienced when it came out. (I was like 10) The only other thing I can think of that had a similar effect was IT.

I watched it agian years later and it holds up pretty well.

Dont get me wrong, I love, love, love, the Kubrick version, and all the little details that went into it, but they both need to be watched~
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:33 PM 10-17-2015

Stephen Kings The Mist

[Reply]
Miles 11:06 PM 10-17-2015
This thread reminded me I haven't watched a lot in the genre in a while but I used to watch a lot of it.

Some early stuff from Del Toro is really solid. The Devil's Backbone and Chronos.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:00 AM 10-18-2015
It Follows was well done because the writers modeled after John Carpenter - and honestly - it had a little early nineties/late eighties vibe.

The Babadook was very well done as well (think i've mentioned this on CP already, but) - the punchline of the killer (he whispers 'babadook' aloud) was pretty bad, but - eliminate that - and The Bobadook was VERY good.

[Reply]
ModSocks 09:25 AM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
It Follows was well done because the writers modeled after John Carpenter - and honestly - it had a little early nineties/late eighties vibe.

The Babadook was very well done as well (think i've mentioned this on CP already, but) - the punchline of the killer (he whispers 'babadook' aloud) was pretty bad, but - eliminate that - and The Bobadook was VERY good.
I liked the Babadook.....but i know a lot of people that didn't. I think it's the ending. People either love it or hate it. I take it you liked the ending?
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:26 AM 10-18-2015
I finally finished VHS2. I did enjoy that last segment, as someone mentioned earlier. I was surprised by this movie. I didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as a i did. The last story was a bit intense.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:12 AM 10-18-2015
I finally finished VHS2. I did enjoy that last segment, as someone mentioned earlier. I was surprised by this movie. I didn't think i'd enjoy it as much as a i did. The last story was a bit intense.
The last story in V/H/S 2 broke all the standard horror movie "rules" about who can be in peril is what did for me. That and the closing scene.
[Reply]
Fish 10:43 AM 10-18-2015
Watched The Green Inferno last night.

Pretty awful. Barely JUCO level acting. Pretty gory and tense, but overall extremely disappointing. Felt like a Syfy late night product. There's a pot scene that's particularly ridiculous..
[Reply]
Jerm 12:31 PM 10-18-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:

Pretty awful. Barely JUCO level acting. Pretty gory and tense, but overall extremely disappointing. Felt like a Syfy late night product. There's a pot scene that's particularly ridiculous..
Kinda what I envisioned....figured everything else was just fluff to get the gore and violence in...
[Reply]
frankotank 02:22 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Take my word on this,the best way to watch the tv miniseries of The Shining is to get the DVD and watch it straight through(4.5 hours),it's not even close to being as bad as others are saying.

I love both films but as stated Kubrick really took liberties with his version and from what I understand King was none to happy thus he was also the executive producer of the tv series so he could have the input and so it followed the book to a tee including hedge animals and the denver croquet mallet.
I believe King even threw a lawsuit out there he was so pissed.

the coolest thing in the mini series was the chick in the bathtub. very nicely done and just truly horrific.

"here a boy...there a boy....everywhere a boy boy"
[Reply]
frankotank 02:22 PM 10-19-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:

awe MAN! I had high hopes for this.
dammit fish! you ruin everything!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 57
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up