ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 75 of 172
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
lwardo9 04:58 AM 01-30-2021
i was really surprised in the last kingdom. mostly true stories of start of england trying to fend off danes. great acting and all real sets. plus no magic/fantasy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:51 AM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by lwardo9:
i was really surprised in the last kingdom. mostly true stories of start of england trying to fend off danes. great acting and all real sets. plus no magic/fantasy.
Real is a stretch.

I like the show and watch it when they drop a new season but outside of a few names it USA work of fiction.
[Reply]
RockChalk 07:43 PM 01-31-2021
Anyone watch Night Stalker on Netflix? Only 4 episodes but if you’re into the true crime stuff, it’s a good one. The 2 Detectives are fantastic in it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:30 AM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Anyone watch Night Stalker on Netflix? Only 4 episodes but if you’re into the true crime stuff, it’s a good one. The 2 Detectives are fantastic in it.
Started watching it last night and can confirm its well done. I was leery due to the oversaturation of the Zodiac Killer features over the years but this one is fresh for me.

From diddling kids to raping the elderly. Truly disturbing.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:19 AM 02-01-2021
I enjoyed the Night Stalker limited series, and would like to see other cases that those two detectives might have worked. They have incredible recall for events that happened 35-40 years ago, and the excruciating attention to detail on the seemingly unimportant evidence was really interesting (Avia shoes, for example).

This show (Night Stalker) makes me miss the Mindhunter series, which now seems to be dead in the water. I'd really like to see where they go with BTK, Bundy, and maybe even Richard Ramirez.
[Reply]
lwardo9 10:09 AM 02-01-2021
I wouldn't say MUST WATCH but damn good watch and 'way better than I was expecting watch' was Last Kingdom on netflix. Close to real history of the start of England and what the game plan was over there after romans left and before the norman conquest. all a bit nutty. battles were decent!
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:38 PM 02-01-2021
Originally Posted by lwardo9:
I wouldn't say MUST WATCH but damn good watch and 'way better than I was expecting watch' was Last Kingdom on netflix. Close to real history of the start of England and what the game plan was over there after romans left and before the norman conquest. all a bit nutty. battles were decent!
I've went to bat for the Last Kingdom, but it's not close to real history. I'm on wax as liking it, but realism isn't it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:02 PM 02-11-2021
I’m one episode in on 30 Coins on HBO (Europe?) and it’s pretty amazing. Fucked up religious themed super natural Twilight Zone/Lovecraft-ish series with a Telemundo vibe (Megan Montaner poured into them pants). It’s filmed well with a great horror/thriller score. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:17 AM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Resident Alien off to a decent start, quirky, easily digestible fluff.

Twin Peaks, except not so creepy. . . Northern Exposure, except actual aliens instead of displaced urbanites. And just a bit of cold war sci-fi matinee/Twilight Zone.
I'm enjoying it! Love the Sheriff and Deputy....some spinoff potential there.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:16 PM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
And I'm enjoying the amount of Alice Wetterlund in it, too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:04 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
:-) - this week's episode when Tudyk [Harry] described how they could spend their day at home . . .
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:44 PM 03-04-2021
Miloti-stans mount up, dark comedy series comin' in.

from Imgflip Meme Generator

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:47 PM 03-04-2021
Ray Romano reciting Beyonce?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:57 PM 03-04-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Ray Romano reciting Beyonce?
Did you watch the trailer?
[Reply]
lewdog 04:24 PM 03-06-2021
I really like Snowfall, which is from FX. We are watching it on Hulu.
[Reply]
Page 75 of 172
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125 > Last »
Up