ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 333
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
PHOG 08:31 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Not even a year in? Weird take.
Preemptive strike. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:11 AM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Any thoughts on the reddit/twitter speculation about Salvy’s absence from fanfest?

(EDIT: Server was acting up so this got posted like 15 times).

I didn’t really think about it.

But there was a bit of LeFebvre-led talk about how Melendez was prepping to play OF and C next year.

I wouldn’t expect conversation around that if they were planning to move Perez.

But, as painful as it is to think about, I would understand them moving Perez.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:29 AM 02-05-2023
Perez unfollowed the team when they didn't hire Pedro Grifol...he followed then back later but thar isn't a great look obviously.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:00 PM 02-05-2023
It's easier for the Rays to trade players when you have no fan base to appease.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:35 PM 02-05-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
I hated the city connect or toilet drain trap Jerzy.
You just hate everything. Too urban for ya, huh?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:31 PM 02-08-2023

The #Royals believe the big league instruction was the problem for the young pitchers. They also believe they fixed that. The time is now for the young guys to prove they belong. I'm very curious to see how the new coaches help. https://t.co/Sh8HMquJhC

— David Lesky (@DBLesky) February 7, 2023

[Reply]
RealSNR 06:42 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

Because the ex-manager told them to read up on what the Bible has to say about pitching
[Reply]
warpaint* 08:33 AM 02-09-2023
I believe them I swear.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:41 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Because the ex-manager told them to read up on what the Bible has to say about pitching
They're gone. Can we stop with this caricature? They were clearly incompetent at doing the one thing their job required - making their talent excel at the major league level. That's it. Period. End. Move on.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:05 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I think this is the right approach.

Coach the younger pitchers more effectively and see what differences that makes.

If it doesn't make any, you know your pitching draft and develop plan as an org from 2018-20 failed, and you adjust and move on.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:17 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think this is the right approach.

Coach the younger pitchers more effectively and see what differences that makes.

If it doesn't make any, you know your pitching draft and develop plan as an org from 2018-20 failed, and you adjust and move on.
Does that necessarily have to be serialized, though? Can you not assess both and move to improve both simultaneously? I mean, this to me seems a little short sighted, and comes across as pointing the finger\blaming Matheny and Eldred solely. I don't think it's all on them based off the track record through the minors of a lot of these guys.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:36 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
[Reply]
cabletech94 11:16 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No one has seen it……….
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:19 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Does that necessarily have to be serialized, though? Can you not assess both and move to improve both simultaneously? I mean, this to me seems a little short sighted, and comes across as pointing the finger\blaming Matheny and Eldred solely. I don't think it's all on them based off the track record through the minors of a lot of these guys.
I think they're trying to cover if guys like Lynch and Bubic continue to not be what was hoped, with the veteran signings (Greinke, et al).

They're just not going to make long-term commitments until they have a chance to assess with competent coaching.

Bubic and Lynch were both pretty successful in the minors and have not translated it to the majors. I think you can make a very fair case that their major league coaching (which includes side work as well as game to game strategy and focus) was poor under Mamoron's regime.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 11:21 AM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yeah, but can he THROW a curveball?
[Reply]
Page 25 of 333
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up