Page 269 of 283
« First < 169219259265266267268269 270271272273279 > Last »
Hall of Classics>****OFFICIAL Chiefs vs 49ers Super Bowl LIV Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 02-02-2020
Let’s do this shit.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:58 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) So Mahomes got lucky but all those times that Brady come back in late in the game and was praised as the GOAT wasn't luck, not the failures of the defenses but, Brady being GOAT?

I dont think we should worry about Mahomes being slighted too much. Two years as a starter he's already got 2 AFCCG appearances. 1 NFL MVP trophy. A Super Bowl MVP trophy. And a Super Bowl championship. Not a bad start. :-)
Brady is East Coast, KC is flyover country. That's why the slight and the B.S. narrative. But that'll change over time if KC continues to win and Mahomes continues to destroy shit. National media has been warming up to Pat for a while, they're still not buying into KC. Couple more SB appearances in the next few years (which will likely happen, barring injuries) and they'll shut up.

Either way. Who cares. Fuck em.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:07 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-) So Mahomes got lucky but all those times that Brady come back in late in the game and was praised as the GOAT wasn't luck, not the failures of the defenses but, Brady being GOAT?

I dont think we should worry about Mahomes being slighted too much. Two years as a starter he's already got 2 AFCCG appearances. 1 NFL MVP trophy. A Super Bowl MVP trophy. And a Super Bowl championship. Not a bad start. :-)
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Brady is East Coast, KC is flyover country. That's why the slight and the B.S. narrative. But that'll change over time if KC continues to win and Mahomes continues to destroy shit. National media has been warming up to Pat for a while, they're still not buying into KC. Couple more SB appearances in the next few years (which will likely happen, barring injuries) and they'll shut up.

Either way. Who cares. Fuck em.
Also, in all fairness. . . . Dinging the 49ers as failing in the 4th is also partially dinging Brady's legacy a bit too. As part of it is premised on Shanahan's choker narrative that started against the Pats.
[Reply]
Spott 09:34 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, I got so sick of hearing that the 49ers choked away the game.

It was the same damn defense on the field that held us to 10 points through the first 51 minutes of the game. They didn't put their backups in.

We scored 21 points in the final 8-ish minutes. That's us ripping the game away from them, not them choking it away.

And it was our same defense out there that gave up 20 points and a lot of big plays until that final 8 minutes. The 49ers were still playing their starters on offense too. Regardless of the play calling, we made the plays to stop them. Jimmy G was having an MVP type game, until he wasn't.

Patrick Mahomes and the entire Chiefs team just manned the fuck up, and ripped the Lombardi trophy away from the 49ers, while stomping on their neck. If the 49ers choked, it's because we were crushing their wind pipes with our cleats.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Their defense looked gassed the whole fourth quarter. If Hill catches that pass instead of deflecting it in the air with 10 minutes left, we likely would have gotten 28 points in the fourth quarter and won by 3 TD’s. The better team won, even if the whiner fans don’t want to admit it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:40 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Yeah, I got so sick of hearing that the 49ers choked away the game.

It was the same damn defense on the field that held us to 10 points through the first 51 minutes of the game. They didn't put their backups in.

We scored 21 points in the final 8-ish minutes. That's us ripping the game away from them, not them choking it away.

And it was our same defense out there that gave up 20 points and a lot of big plays until that final 8 minutes. The 49ers were still playing their starters on offense too. Regardless of the play calling, we made the plays to stop them. Jimmy G was having an MVP type game, until he wasn't.

Patrick Mahomes and the entire Chiefs team just manned the **** up, and ripped the Lombardi trophy away from the 49ers, while stomping on their neck. If the 49ers choked, it's because we were crushing their wind pipes with our cleats.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
It was a 10 point game. Mahomes could put up 10 between bites of ketchup steak. I get that time was limited, but the Reid/Mahomes O hasn't seemed to care about game situation. They score in bunches.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:30 PM 04-17-2020
I like to rewatch this game
[Reply]
DaFace 10:20 PM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It seems the national narrative is the 49ers lost the Super Bowl & not the Chiefs won it.

Need to #RunItBack
That seems like selective listening to me. Pretty widely accepted that Mahomes went nuts and stole their souls.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:54 AM 04-19-2020
810 Super Bowl(Harlan probably) replay in 5 minutes
[Reply]
eDave 11:59 AM 04-19-2020
I watched this the other day and read along with the GDT. Highly recommended.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:16 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That seems like selective listening to me. Pretty widely accepted that Mahomes went nuts and stole their souls.

Maybe...maybe not.

Examples:

1)
On the first Sunday in February, as the San Francisco 49ers were in the middle of blowing a lead in the Super Bowl, a small group of doctors in the Bay Area was too busy to care about a football game.

2)
The 49ers were 7:13 away from being crowned world champions. Holding the Chiefs’ powerful offense to a measly 10 points through the first 53 minutes of Super Bowl 54, San Francisco was a stop on 3rd-and-forever away from putting the game out of reach for good. The NFL’s best pass defense, with a pass rush that had harassed Patrick Mahomes all night and a secondary that had picked him off twice, surely wasn’t going to be beaten in that situation.

Well, you know what happened next… Tyreek Hill found himself wide open for a 44-yard reception that sparked a 21-0 run for the Chiefs — and gave Kansas City its first Super Bowl title in five decades. Lucky break or bad defense?

3)
Suffice to say, the 49ers’ collapse was a team-wide phenomenon Sunday. Through three quarters, they were the team they were all season. And then things crumbled in the fourth quarter against an outmatched Chiefs team struggling to keep their head above water. Who’s to blame for this collapse?

There were too many mistakes, variables and people involved for all the blame to fall on one individual. But that’s what the 49ers will have to sift through this offseason as they look to get back to the Super Bowl next year.

4)
One of the first questions that always arises whenever a team loses a championship game is "Who?".

As in who should be the focus of the blame for the loss? That has been the main topic of discussion when trying to decipher what went wrong for the 49ers in their Super Bowl collapse to the Chiefs. Who is it that should be at the forefront when pointing the finger as to why the 49ers gave up a 20-10 lead?

Everything that needed to go wrong for the 49ers became reality. To say that Shanahan or one facet of the team is responsible would be incredibly unfair.

5)
https://youtu.be/gbJvEHfKhaU

6)
https://youtu.be/XnPVw7tmDmk

7)
https://youtu.be/NG7QnFefKu8
[Reply]
Sofa King 12:27 PM 04-19-2020
Anyone got a video link to the war room after the Texans drafted Watson but wanted Mahomes? The look on O’Brien’s face was amazing. I can’t seem to find it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:20 PM 04-19-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Anyone got a video link to the war room after the Texans drafted Watson but wanted Mahomes? The look on O’Brien’s face was amazing. I can’t seem to find it.

Best I could find.

https://youtu.be/UcOO990nLo4
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:08 PM 04-20-2020
4/20 Still super bowl champion!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:11 PM 04-20-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
4/20 Still super bowl champion!
BLAZE IT DUDES
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:52 PM 04-20-2020
I don't blaze but will enjoy a pizza. Also fuck denver.
[Reply]
redfan 07:44 PM 04-20-2020
I like this game.
[Reply]
Page 269 of 283
« First < 169219259265266267268269 270271272273279 > Last »
Up