ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 192
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:04 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
These are measurables more than traits.

His speed tested well, yet he has no YAC and there's very little evidence of his speed stressing DB's.

Hands look reliable, but there's no evidence that he posses the ability to win in difficult, contested situations. (Also an issue for Worthy, as he rarely wins in these situations as well)

He's 6-2, sure, but he doesn't play big or strong. So im not sure his size means much.

Every time i put him on i want to see something "special", and there just isn't a lot of special things happening when he's thrown the ball.

So again, WTF is it that he's GREAT at?

Why do you think some actual NFL scouts and GM types like Adonai better than Worthy?

They aren't seeing the game film correctly?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:08 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Why do you think some actual NFL scouts and GM types like Adonai better than Worthy?

They aren't seeing the game film correctly?
Idk, preferences?

Why did the Chargers take Johnston over Flowers? It made no sense at the time and it fleshed out exactly as i thought it would. /Shrug

Some scouts think like you, some scouts think like me.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:11 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Idk, preferences?

Why did the Chargers take Johnston over Flowers? It made no sense at the time and it fleshed out exactly as i thought it would. /Shrug

Some scouts think like you, some scouts think like me.

You also said you don't highly value route running in draft prospects or think it can be taught in the NFL so we will like different players at WR.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:16 PM 04-02-2024
Former scout Daniel Jeremiah WR rankings not too different than what I posted a long time ago.

25. Adonai Mitchell

34. Ladd McConkkey

41. Xavier Worthy

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...t-rankings-3-0
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:20 PM 04-02-2024
You also said you don't highly value route running in draft prospects or think it can be taught in the NFL so we will like different players at WR.
That would be mostly correct. So long as you have the physical ability, route running can be taught. Mostly, i look for "wow factor", aka, Super Powers.

Brian Thomas Jr, Malik Naber, Marvin Harrison Jr., Odunze...they check all the boxes imo in terms of wow factor. Size, speed, contested catch ability, knack for making high degree of difficulty catches....those guys are the full package imo.

Worthy and Leggette both pop out to me with some "Wow" ability. Not full package players, but guys with traits that will make them a handful; that a team can build on.

Im leaving others out im sure but...you get the idea.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:33 PM 04-02-2024
If someone has a different opinion than you they should not be "taken seriously"?

Good argument.
No, not becuase you have a "different opinion". Read what I said again.

It's your blatant hyperbole, that I don't think you honestly believe.

Saying Mitchell is a better route runner is a "different opinion". Saying Sanders is a better route runner is just nonsense. If you honestly believe that, it says a lot about your football knowledge. I'm actually trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:44 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, not becuase you have a "different opinion". Read what I said again.

It's your blatant hyperbole, that I don't think you honestly believe.

Saying Mitchell is a better route runner is a "different opinion". Saying Sanders is a better route runner is just nonsense. If you honestly believe that, it says a lot about your football knowledge. I'm actually trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
You also said I was crazy for not worshipping Troy Franklin and that my view that he doesn't get to top speed fast was "made up".

Maybe you are the one that needs to work on hyperbole.

:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 04-02-2024
You also said I was crazy for not worshipping Troy Franklin and that my view that he doesn't get to top speed fast was "made up".

Maybe you are the one that needs to work on hyperbole.

No, you claimed that he didn't play as fast as he timed, which didn't make any sense considering we didn't even have a time.

It turns out it is precisely the opposite of that, hence why everybody was surprised/disappointed by his 40.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:48 PM 04-02-2024
No, you claimed that he didn't play as fast as he timed.

It turns out it is precisely the opposite of that, hence why everybody was surprised/disappointed by his 40.

I mentioned over and over and over that he was a long strider and took a while to get to to top speed on tape and you dismissed it as crazy.

The combine confirmed I was right.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:49 PM 04-02-2024
I mentioned over and over and over that he was a long strider and took a while to get to to top speed on tape and you dismissed it as crazy.

The combine confirmed I was right.
No, that was your argument after moving the goalposts, which I didn't push back on nearly as hard.

Your original argument was 100% that he didn't play as fast as he timed.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:50 PM 04-02-2024
No, that was your argument after moving the goalposts, which I didn't push back on nearly as hard.

Your original argument was 100% that he didn't play as fast as he timed.

Just take the L.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:51 PM 04-02-2024
Here we go:

Ok, I finally got into Troy Franklin.

Looks like a good, but low upside player.

It starts with how he leaves the LOS. After he has a + release, you keep waiting for him to do something good...and you just keep waiting.

So that would be a much taller but skinny Skyy Moore with at least the positive of speed.

What does that speed do? Does not play as fast as you would like. Will not separate against better corners.

Would be a solid replacement for the MVS role in our offense which is decoy/ and cover 2 attacker who can find big windows with a better awareness than MVS but still not exciting enough for me.

Would rate him below Zay Flowers, Addison, and Rashee Rice from last year.

Would also prefer Green Bay's Jayden Reed.

Low chance of busting, low chance of thriving.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:54 PM 04-02-2024
Here we go:
Yes, I nailed it.

It starts with how he leaves the LOS. After he has a + release, you keep waiting for him to do something good...and you just keep waiting.

So that would be a much taller but skinny Skyy Moore with at least the positive of speed.

What does that speed do? Does not play as fast as you would like. Will not separate against better corners.

Would be a solid replacement for the MVS role in our offense which is decoy/ and cover 2 attacker who can find big windows with a better awareness than MVS but still not exciting enough for me.

Would rate him below Zay Flowers, Addison, and Rashee Rice from last year.

And after this post where you said I was nuts I clarified exactly what that meant by how he was a long strider that took a while to reach top speed.

The combine showed that when you got stuck on 1 metric.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:01 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I'm still holding out hope Thomas Jr. somehow falls into the early 20s and we go up and get him...as much as I love Worthy that's my dream scenario.

He would be ****ing electric in this offense...
I'm with you.

Maybe double down and take Corley in the 2nd and ask him to play 1/2 McKinnon's HB role + 1/2 slot.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:02 PM 04-02-2024
Here's my response:

This is such a weird take. I've never heard anybody say this about Franklin, even those that aren't as high on him.

I have no idea what you're watching if you believe his speed doesn't translate on the field.
Like I said, this is what I seriously pushed back on, and I was 100% proven right.

His GPS speed tracking during an actual game turned out to be far more impressive than his 40.

Like I said, it's the exact opposite. He plays faster than he times. This is indisputable at this point, but of course you will continue to argue otherwise, or deflect from the actual point I was originally trying to make.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 192
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170 > Last »
Up