ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 185
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
crispystl 05:36 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I've got a blank space, baby....

And I'll write your name.

With love, your fellow Swifty and KC CHIEFS fan, Dante84.
Thanks for the laugh on Monday before work!
[Reply]
crispystl 05:45 AM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
And the guy is only 22 years old. Dear God
SOB I totally forgot that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 09-25-2023

George Karlaftis generated a career-high 6 pressures on 20 pass rushes (30.0% pressure rate).

Karlaftis has recorded at least 3 pressures in every game this season and has nearly doubled his pressure rate (15.1%) compared to his rookie year (8.0%).#CHIvsKC | #ChiefsKingdom

— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) September 24, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:27 PM 09-25-2023

George Karlaftis recorded a career-high eight pressures in yesterday's win over Chicago.

His 16 pressures this season rank sixth in the NFL behind only Aidan Hutchinson (19), Maxx Crosby (19), T.J. Watt (19), Myles Garrett (18) and Micah Parsons (17).

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) September 25, 2023

[Reply]
Lzen 02:29 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow! That's an impressive list on which to be included.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:31 PM 09-25-2023
I did notice that on many plays, Jones got doubled by linemen and George got a chip by a a RB or TE. That tells you which Chiefs the other team thinks are the biggest threats.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:32 PM 09-25-2023
He looked amazing on Sunday.

We kept talking about how Jones would make sacks for Karlaftis. Fellas, Karlaftis got a sack for Jones yesterday.

That spin he made (an actual spin move, not the Shart Pirouette) put that LT in a blender and you saw Fields slam the brakes to keep George from pile-driving him - only so Jones could do it instead.

If that's Shart on the edge, Fields gets the corner and probably runs for 4-6 yards.

Karlaftis got Jones one step closer to his incentive by being a MUCH better player than the pile if shit we mercifully and finally jettisoned from this roster.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:35 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That spin he made (an actual spin move, not the Shart Pirouette) put that LT in a blender and you saw Fields slam the brakes to keep George from pile-driving him - only so Jones could do it instead.
Frank Clark taught him that spin move. Those words straight from George’s mouth. Put some respect on his name.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:39 PM 09-25-2023
[QUOTE=DJ's left nut;17129613]He looked amazing on Sunday.

We kept talking about how Jones would make sacks for Karlaftis. Fellas, Karlaftis got a sack for Jones yesterday.

If that's Shart on the edge, Fields gets the corner and probably runs for 4-6 yards.

Karlaftis got Jones one step closer to his incentive by being a MUCH better player than the pile if shit we mercifully and finally jettisoned from this roster.[/QUOTE

This defense is so much better with all the guys who are young and ready to run through a wall every game. Previous Chiefs defenses had too many guys that were not like that, top heavy. Now Spags can tell players go 100 miles an hour and sit if you don't.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:40 PM 09-25-2023
Has Tribal posted in this thread yet this season? :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:50 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He looked amazing on Sunday.

Karlaftis got Jones one step closer to his incentive by being a MUCH better player than the pile if shit we mercifully and finally jettisoned from this roster.
It's fun watching them come together. Anudike-Uzomah didn't do much with his snaps yesterday, but considering what he has already shown I think you can still be really excited for him moving forward.

Once everyone is healthy, available, and up-to-speed, KC just has so much depth at the DL spot. They can really run in waves and maximize effectiveness of guys.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:56 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It's fun watching them come together. Anudike-Uzomah didn't do much with his snaps yesterday, but considering what he has already shown I think you can still be really excited for him moving forward.

Once everyone is healthy, available, and up-to-speed, KC just has so much depth at the DL spot. They can really run in waves and maximize effectiveness of guys.
yeah, my favorite whipping boy, Malik Herring, looked game yesterday and showed up more than FAU did.

He's young; long way to go yet. As you said, he's flashed enough already to be excited about his potential.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:17 PM 09-25-2023
Anybody else see him catch Justin Fields from behind? That's...not easy.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:22 PM 09-25-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Anybody else see him catch Justin Fields from behind? That's...not easy.
Yeah he's right up there with The Shart for coverage too!....
[Reply]
BossChief 03:24 PM 09-25-2023
It’s so promising to see so many young players make strides under Cullen. Pretty much every single DL player is noticeably far better now than before he took over. This DL is going to be NASTY towards the end of the year and going forward.

You NEVER want to lose a guy like CJ95, but if we do end up trading him in the offseason, I have high hopes for the player they choose to replace him being coached by a guy that has proven to be able to bring the best out of his players.

My fear is losing Cullen to a team wanting him as their DC while also losing Jones to a trade.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 185
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184 > Last »
Up