ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 185
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:36 PM 09-17-2023
Mark Schlereth is the Minister of Grease
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:38 PM 09-17-2023
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Assuming they stay healthy, using combos of Karlaftis/Jones/Danna/Omenihu/Felix across the line is going to be fun
Danna has really been a nice late round pick up. Sneaky good draft find by Veach.
[Reply]
Chieftain 07:54 PM 09-17-2023
Karlaftis was relentless today. Probably best game as a Chief. Even Felix looked very solid. This defensive line could be special as the season goes on.
Clark should give Joe Cullen a liftetime contract.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:04 PM 09-17-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Karlaftis was relentless today. Probably best game as a Chief. Even Felix looked very solid. This defensive line could be special as the season goes on.
Clark should give Joe Cullen a liftetime contract.

Karlaftis just kicks the ass of whoever is in front of him. He reminded me of the players the Bengals had collected on DL in his draft year.

We were missing that in prior years and now added Omenihu, Karlaftis, and FAU...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 09-17-2023
#CHIEFENSE

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:40 PM 09-19-2023

Last year's version of George Karlaftis didn't show the capability of winning like this. He wins up the arc and bends the corner at 8 yards to get the sack.

The growth and improvement he has shown is a major testament to his work ethic. pic.twitter.com/vscSCqMEXX

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) September 20, 2023

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:42 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Again, Bert is once again ahead of the curve in going after cheap, talented DEs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 PM 09-19-2023
CHRIS JONES was NOT EVEN ON THE FIELD on that play :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:45 PM 09-19-2023
Let's also be fair here - it was a TE he was roasting.

Thats relevant even when talking about bend because those guys aren't gonna put a massive punch in your chest if you open it to turn. Just makes it a little easier.

But yes, he's looked awfully good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:47 PM 09-19-2023
what's interesting to me is how fast he transitions to pass rush on a play action pass

how did he know?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:51 PM 09-19-2023
It really feels great to have young homegrown drafted pass rushers on the team again.

Fuck Frank Clark. I can't wait until one of these guys gets a non-coverage sack or two in the postseason so I can completely forget that motherfucker was ever on this team in the first place.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:51 PM 09-19-2023
what's interesting to me is how fast he transitions to pass rush on a play action pass

how did he know?
A lot of times the lineman will tip it. It isn't typically that difficult for a DL to sniff those out.

It's the LBs and secondary that aren't keying on a DL and his step to decide what to do.

I would expect DEs to notice that sort of thing pretty quickly.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It really feels great to have young homegrown drafted pass rushers on the team again.

Fuck Frank Clark. I can't wait until one of these guys gets a non-coverage sack or two in the postseason so I can completely forget that motherfucker was ever on this team in the first place.
Is there anyone we're seriously at risk of doing this with at this point?

The Skyy support got real tepid, real fast. He's gonna get pretty fair treatment going forward. He'll be defended exactly as much as he earns.

Maybe Taylor? But he doesn't have fanboys. If anyone is a Taylor fanboy it's probably me. And I just think he'll be what he's always been - real nice pass protector who's okay in the running game.

I think our long national nightmare of being gaslighted by a weirdly large and shockingly vocal pile of ball washers may be over. I just don't see any candidates for it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:43 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is there anyone we're seriously at risk of doing this with at this point?

The Skyy support got real tepid, real fast. He's gonna get pretty fair treatment going forward. He'll be defended exactly as much as he earns.

Maybe Taylor? But he doesn't have fanboys. If anyone is a Taylor fanboy it's probably me. And I just think he'll be what he's always been - real nice pass protector who's okay in the running game.

I think our long national nightmare of being gaslighted by a weirdly large and shockingly vocal pile of ball washers may be over. I just don't see any candidates for it.
I still support Taylor. Hell, I support moving him to LT next year and letting Smith walk. Whenever the Eagles next play on SNF, I'm going to try to tune in so I can listen to Chris Collinsworth conveniently not talk about how he's lined up or how he's always the first guy out of his stance on the OL. I actually watched that Lions game at a sports bar with no audio feed into the restaurant, and I was super confused how and why I was looking at this much up-close Jawaan Taylor footage. When I figured out what they were showing, I was pretty pissed off. And of course it only got worse the rest of the game.

Everybody hates CEH, so I don't think anybody is going to try to find the hidden positives when there really aren't any. Veach is going to have to whiff on a big trade + expensive contract again in order to see a return of the Frank Clark phenomenon on this forum.

Just keep O.Shitty the hell away from our front office and we should be fine.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:55 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Let's also be fair here - it was a TE he was roasting.

Thats relevant even when talking about bend because those guys aren't gonna put a massive punch in your chest if you open it to turn. Just makes it a little easier.

But yes, he's looked awfully good.
This profile pic thing with staylor is EXTEMELY confusing btw
[Reply]
Page 174 of 185
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Up