ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What is the BIGGEST need going into the draft?
QB 6 4.11%
OT 48 32.88%
G/C 1 0.68%
RB 0 0%
TE 0 0%
WR 64 43.84%
DT 6 4.11%
DE 21 14.38%
LB 0 0%
CB 0 0%
S 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>In Your Opinion what is the biggest need going into the draft
CapsLockKey 05:28 PM 03-28-2023
DT. Even though he's replaceable losing Saunders was the biggest net loss in free agency and not much on the market to replace him with.

Edge. We got Ominehu to replace Clark but still need another to replace Dunlap's production. Maybe bring him back if don't get anyone in the draft that can contribute day 1. Spags can use as many pass rushers as we can get.

WR. Less concerned about Juju leaving, more of a depth issue and a plan B if Toney goes down as I've seen enough from him that he could be the 1. That trade was always about 2023+ and what he did this past season was a bonus. I really feel he's going to blow up this year. They went most of the season without Hardman even being available. I don't see the Chiefs relying on rookies anyway to fill the holes and expect a vet to be brought in at some point via trade or maybe OBJ.

Otherwise OT, RB depth in the mid to late rounds.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:18 PM 03-28-2023
At 31 we will not have a shot at one of the WR that could start day 1 and truly contribute.
At 31 we can get someone that can come in and start at RT and may even be able to move to LT in a few years.
At 31 we can get a DE that can come in and start or be rotational depending on how they want to use Omenihu.
[Reply]
O.city 07:03 AM 03-29-2023
Judge these guys by actions, not what they say.

Based on the fact that they were in on paying Tyreek alot, wanted to get on AJ Brown, now are talking about Odell and theres some media smoke on Hopkins tells you what they think about the current situation.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:51 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Judge these guys by actions, not what they say.

Based on the fact that they were in on paying Tyreek alot, wanted to get on AJ Brown, now are talking about Odell and theres some media smoke on Hopkins tells you what they think about the current situation.
On the other hand, we know by now how Veach operates. If there’s a desperate need, he addresses it and quickly. The fact that nothing’s happened tells me they don’t view this as a desperate need. They’re probably testing the waters to see if Beckham will bite on a modest deal, and if not, they’re going to take somebody in the first.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:07 PM 03-30-2023

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:09 PM 03-30-2023
The mocks that he picked from took Zay Flowers, Jalin Hyatt, Dawand Jones
[Reply]
BossChief 09:30 PM 03-30-2023
Here’s what I believe is happening. Take it for what it’s worth. Which probably isn’t much.

The Chiefs and CJ have a deal DONE and CJ said he wants his deal to help KC as long as he gets his agreed upon framework. The “final draft” will be signed right before the draft. That gives Brett flexibility to structure it with a low first year hit (so they can fit in Hopkins)…or a modest first year hit if they decide to go in another direction.

KC can’t make the trade right now due to cap space, so they are using that leverage to try to get Arizona to eat as much as they can, to facilitate a trade. That’s why it’s taking time. Lots of back and forth.

The 2 deals are going to be announced very close to each other because CJs deal is dependent on what Veach can get done with Hopkins.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:24 AM 03-31-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Here’s what I believe is happening. Take it for what it’s worth. Which probably isn’t much.

The Chiefs and CJ have a deal DONE and CJ said he wants his deal to help KC as long as he gets his agreed upon framework. The “final draft” will be signed right before the draft. That gives Brett flexibility to structure it with a low first year hit (so they can fit in Hopkins)…or a modest first year hit if they decide to go in another direction.

KC can’t make the trade right now due to cap space, so they are using that leverage to try to get Arizona to eat as much as they can, to facilitate a trade. That’s why it’s taking time. Lots of back and forth.

The 2 deals are going to be announced very close to each other because CJs deal is dependent on what Veach can get done with Hopkins.
If it does not happen on the draft day then it will likely happen right before TC or during OTAs. I could see the Chiefs wanting to give them a 2024 2cd round pick so that they can have their 2cd this year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:37 AM 03-31-2023
Jones deal isn't announced because they don't have a deal
[Reply]
scho63 10:41 AM 03-31-2023
1. OT
2. DE
3. WR
4. OT
5. DL
6. DE
7. WR