ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 333
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 11:02 AM 04-18-2023
Yeah I’m dropping Bally’s after one month. Royals already shit the bed, no need to watch us get our heads beat in every night. I can’t think of anything less enjoyable than watching bad baseball. Not much to be excited about, Pasquitino and Witt and I guess an old Salvy that should’ve been traded three years ago.. So much fun to watch. I was hoping at least to be somewhat close to in it into may this year but nope, can’t even get out of the gate without face planting.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:05 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Boxer_Chief:
Yeah I’m dropping Bally’s after one month. Royals already shit the bed, no need to watch us get our heads beat in every night. I can’t think of anything less enjoyable than watching bad baseball. Not much to be excited about, Pasquitino and Witt and I guess an old Salvy that should’ve been traded three years ago.. So much fun to watch. I was hoping at least to be somewhat close to in it into may this year but nope, can’t even get out of the gate without face planting.
We’ve still got nine days until the NFL draft and they’ve already ruined the season. Impressive display of ineptitude.

And you’re correct bad baseball is eye torture
[Reply]
Mecca 11:09 AM 04-18-2023
It's very impressive the season is over before it's even time for the NFL draft.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:30 AM 04-18-2023
Mecca, you are on your troll game pretty early in the season. I guess that kinda goes with your last post. Ya ya... we suck, again. laugh it up buttercup.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:35 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
Mecca, you are on your troll game pretty early in the season. I guess that kinda goes with your last post. Ya ya... we suck, again. laugh it up buttercup.
It's just laughable to be told it's an evaluation year and then we get to watch Hunter Dozier again, dude has been balls for 3 fuckin years, what more do you need?

Or Jackie Bradley wtf is that?

Good teams have a mix of young players and vets etc, The Royals chose to be incredibly cheap this offseason when there were some young FA's that could have been core pieces going forward.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:47 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's just laughable to be told it's an evaluation year and then we get to watch Hunter Dozier again, dude has been balls for 3 ****in years, what more do you need?

Good teams have a mix of young players and vets etc, The Royals chose to be incredibly cheap this offseason when there were some young FA's that could have been core pieces going forward.
Well said. I find the whole evaluation year excuse to be a loser mentality.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:49 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's just laughable to be told it's an evaluation year and then we get to watch Hunter Dozier again, dude has been balls for 3 ****in years, what more do you need?

Come on you are just bitching to bitch about Jackie Bradley when we all know only reason he was signed was because of the injury to Waters.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Come on you are just bitching to bitch about Jackie Bradley when we all know only reason he was signed was because of the injury to Waters.
He plays far to much for how completely awful he is...when a guy has a -1.8 war over a 3 year span they could have put ANYONE out there and honestly been better off.

I'm bitching because a team wants a new stadium and in return feeds is a heaping plate of shit and tells us it's good.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:18 PM 04-18-2023
Jarrod Dyson/Terrence Gore rule

MLB will test out a 'Designated Pinch Runner' in the Atlantic League this season.

One player not in the starting lineup will be listed as a designated pinch runner, and can be substituted into the game as a baserunner at any point without a true substitution being made pic.twitter.com/LKczZsKMYG

— B/R Walk-Off (@BRWalkoff) April 18, 2023

[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:34 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Jarrod Dyson/Terrence Gore rule
Herb Washington was way ahead of his time
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 02:25 PM 04-18-2023
The gimmicks are growing tiresome.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:47 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
Well said. I find the whole evaluation year excuse to be a loser mentality.
What would you have preferred?

Say they went out and spent $90M to get Kodai Senga and $70 to get Chris Bassitt, and then 180M to get Brandon Nimmo for his age 29-36 seasons. You think that's moving the needle this year? Probably makes them a team that tops out with an 80-85 win range. Is that what you're thinking?

My preference is that no later than June 1, we're looking at a lineup that includes Nick Loftin and Maikel Garcia.

If that means Garcia at SS, Witt Jr. at 3B, and Loftin at 2B (where he has been spending most of his time at Omaha this year), or Garcia at 2B, Witt at SS and Loftin at 3B, I don't care.

Personally, I'd give Witt some more time at SS and see how it's looking in a larger sample size. Because if you move him off of it, you need to move him off for good and to the more permanent spot.

I want to see Waters back in CF every day as soon as he's back. Jettison Bradley, Dozier, and Matt Duffy.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:50 PM 04-18-2023
I can honestly say Ive watched less Royals this year so far compared to any year in the last couple of decades. I just get too lazy to relog into the Ballys app. Thats enough for me to give up. Hudler being the announcer doesn't help. They need new blood in there.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 03:54 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What would you have preferred?

Say they went out and spent $90M to get Kodai Senga and $70 to get Chris Bassitt, and then 180M to get Brandon Nimmo for his age 29-36 seasons. You think that's moving the needle this year? Probably makes them a team that tops out with an 80-85 win range. Is that what you're thinking?

My preference is that no later than June 1, we're looking at a lineup that includes Nick Loftin and Maikel Garcia.

If that means Garcia at SS, Witt Jr. at 3B, and Loftin at 2B (where he has been spending most of his time at Omaha this year), or Garcia at 2B, Witt at SS and Loftin at 3B, I don't care.

Personally, I'd give Witt some more time at SS and see how it's looking in a larger sample size. Because if you move him off of it, you need to move him off for good and to the more permanent spot.

I want to see Waters back in CF every day as soon as he's back. Jettison Bradley, Dozier, and Matt Duffy.
My problem is they continue to trot out guys like Dozier that are absolute garbage. I had zero expectations of Sherman spending a dime in free agency. Theres ways to build a roster around youth and be competitive, this team is not very competitive as it stands.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:15 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
My problem is they continue to trot out guys like Dozier that are absolute garbage. I had zero expectations of Sherman spending a dime in free agency. Theres ways to build a roster around youth and be competitive, this team is not very competitive as it stands.
So your solution would be...

1) Play Witt at 3B and push Garcia into the big league lineup at SS

?

2) Push Loftin into the majors at 3B wth a grand total of 153 AAA ABs and a .639 OPS in that stint

?

3) Try to convert Meldendez to 3B on the days he's not behind the plate

?

'm ready to never see Dozier play again, but it's also a sunk cost, they're going to stink this year and knew they were going to stink this year, and there wasn't a ready-made replacement ready to beat down the door.

On Bradley Jr, I think they could have just rolled with internal options there to fill tme with Waters on the shelf.

I don't understand Matt Duffy's presence.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 333
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up