ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 216 of 3903
« First < 116166206212213214215216 2172182192202262663167161216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:46 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Or because scaring the shit out people is profitable for the media...why people believe a word they say is beyond me. Everything is exaggerated, distorted, sensationalized and fabricated...

They are a fear delivery device...we were warned decades ago.

People want to be scared...they are just waiting for a new reason. It why they watch that drivel...they crave destruction from a distance.
Can’t refute that lol
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:47 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
12,000+ deaths in America during the 2009-2010 Swine Flu Pandemic... a significant % of those deaths from younger people... were you equally as panicked then?

Refer back to the supposed scientific data you are basing your panic on to explain specifically why/how the COVID-19 pandemic is and will be worse than the 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic.

Give us specifics, not hypothetical/fear mongering bullshit.

The 2009-2010 Swine Flu pandemic killed 12,000+ in the US and 500,000+ worldwide yet society didn’t shut down.

What is specifically different and more dangerous about COVID-19?
These ones are so funny to me.

Literally every major sport organization, public amusement park, many concerts, etc. are totally closing down operations and sacrificing millions of dollars in doing so and we have people who think this is anything like the swine flu...
[Reply]
BWillie 01:47 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
So cancel schools and remove children from a controlled environment, generally separated from higher risk segments of the population for 8+ hours a day and increase their exposure to the rest of society?
Absolutely. Kids give it to each other, they don't even know they have it. They roll around on the ground, lick poles, whatever dirty kids do. They go home and spread it to their family. If they are at home, one family gets sick. That is it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:47 PM 03-13-2020
No confirmation on this as it's 2nd hand info - so take it for what it's worth.

But, my niece is a nurse at Wesley over in Wichita. She heard from someone else at the hospital that they have a confirmed case over there.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:47 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Great, so your gut. Thankfully, we have actual numbers. And no country, not even China, has seen exponential growth of cases. There are 137,000 cases GLOBALLY right now.
CDC's worst case scenario is over 1 million dead apparently but that is with no prevention techniques.

This guy was head of Medicare\Medicaid for Obama

Currently experts expect over 1 million deaths in the U.S. since the virus was not contained & we cannot even test for it.

This will be recorded as a major preventable public health disaster. I will try to relate what I learned from a long day of calls about what is happening.

— Andy Slavitt (@ASlavitt) March 13, 2020

[Reply]
SupDock 01:50 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
CDC's worst case scenario is over 1 million dead apparently but that is with no prevention techniques.

For the people who don't believe the public health officials, don't believe the media, don't believe people reporting from other countries.

Who do they believe?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:50 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
The coronavirus has spread way more than the Swine flu did.

Look if you all want to keep downplaying this virus then go ahead but i don't think that's smart. A lot of ppl could die from this including our family members and it is spreading like crazy
477 deaths in the US during the first four months of the Swine Flu pandemic, compared with about 40 deaths in the US from COVID-19 during that same comparative time-frame.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:51 PM 03-13-2020
National emergency declared. Drive by testing in Wal-Mart parking lots. Asked all govenors and hospitals to implement their emergency plans. Better late than never.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:51 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by SupDock:
For the people who don't believe the public health officials, don't believe the media, don't believe people reporting from other countries.

Who do they believe?
The gnome.
[Reply]
Donger 01:51 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

Which experts?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:51 PM 03-13-2020

Who do they believe?
Typically....

Donald.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:51 PM 03-13-2020
Is the WHO exaggerating?
And the WHO works for who?...Weren't we all supposed to die of Swine flu? Wasn't Y2K going to destroy the world? I'm still waiting on ISIS and dirty bombs...

Rattling cages, working the masses into a frenzy...been going on for centuries.

Internet is godsend tool for this...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:51 PM 03-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Absolutely. Kids give it to each other, they don't even know they have it. They roll around on the ground, lick poles, whatever dirty kids do. They go home and spread it to their family. If they are at home, one family gets sick. That is it.
Happens every year after summer vacation.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:51 PM 03-13-2020
Neighborhood bar and genuinely awesome spot near me is shuttering through March.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:54 PM 03-13-2020

Who do they believe?
I have no idea and can't say I believe those numbers either but just putting it out there. That would mean an astronomical jump from where we are currently.
[Reply]
Page 216 of 3903
« First < 116166206212213214215216 2172182192202262663167161216 > Last »
Up