ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 192 of 3903
« First < 92142182188189190191192 1931941951962022422926921192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 07:36 PM 03-12-2020
Can someone elaborate, speculate, somethingate about Ohio claiming they believe they have 100k infected?
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 07:37 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Regardless of how bad the virus ultimately is, with the widespread shutdowns and market meltdown affecting sentiment it's nearly a given we are entering recession, but hopefully a mild one if it gets contained in time. Even the normally liquid Treasury market melted down today as primary dealer balance sheets couldn't handle the volume of funds moving to cash, and the 10 and 30 year yields spiked again (selloff) and the ETFs went to huge discounts to net asset value, which for Treasuries is crazy. In other words, investors shunned even safe government debt in search of liquidity.
Fed stepped in with huge repo moving repo rate down 50 basis points (likely cut fed funds 100 next week now if not before the meeting), calmed stocks for a bit, then straight down again.

This is not 08 because banks' capital is healthy and their liquidity is adequate, at least for now. No need to panic. Stocks shouldn't be too far from bottom now, unless there's an unforseen spike in US cases. Meanwhile a couple leveraged energy ETFs had to delist today and high yield energy spreads are 15%. Good times.
Thank you for this info.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Can someone elaborate, speculate, somethingate about Ohio claiming they believe they have 100k infected?
Google is your friend

Ohio Department of Health believes 100,000 Ohioans are carrying coronavirus

Cases expected to double every 6 days

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...ng-coronavirus
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:45 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

The Costco in Burbank was so packed that there was no parking and people were fighting over toilet paper, even though there was a sign at the entrance stating "1 Toilet Paper Only - No exceptions".

Are there any others nearby? The two here in Overland Park and Lenexa are fairly close to each other so it probably helps but either way there’s not as many people.
[Reply]
TLO 07:46 PM 03-12-2020
If all cases are in Cleveland then shouldn't she assume 1% of Cleveland is affected and not necessarily 1% of Ohio?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:48 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Are there any others nearby? The two here in Overland Park and Lenexa are fairly close to each other so it probably helps but either way there’s not as many people.
I live in a city of 20 million people and every market, whether it's Ralphs, Trader Joe's, Albertson's, Von's or Costco have clean shelves.

I spoke to the manager at the Studio City Ralphs today and he told me that they had two truck deliveries this morning and their shelves were nearly emptied by noon today.

I can't even purchase toilet paper from Costco.com and everyone is out of pasta, including Walmart.com and Target.com.

The manager at the Hollywood TJ's told a close friend this morning at 10am, when the shelves were completely emptied, that their store was doing $1 million dollars of business per day the past few days.
[Reply]
TLO 07:49 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Google is your friend

Ohio Department of Health believes 100,000 Ohioans are carrying coronavirus

Cases expected to double every 6 days

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/...ng-coronavirus
I saw the articles on Google - but the numbers are mind blowing. Ohio has more cases or equal to China, Italy, South Korea?

And what does that say of Washington State? The entire state would be infected at this point.
[Reply]
TLO 07:52 PM 03-12-2020
Or any other place that has community spread.. There's either something way off with her numbers, or the virus truly has much much MUCH milder symptoms than anyone has predicted.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:52 PM 03-12-2020
It only kills old people with other health problems right?

asking for a friend
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:53 PM 03-12-2020
I saw the articles on Google - but the numbers are mind blowing. Ohio has more cases or equal to China, Italy, South Korea?

And what does that say of Washington State? The entire state would be infected at this point.
Since there aren't nearly enough tests available to the public, no one can say with any accuracy the number of infected, which is part of the reason why everything is shutting down.

3.5% of the American population would mean that more than 11 million people could die from this virus.

Take all of the precautions you can afford.
[Reply]
eDave 07:54 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

asking for a friend
This is incorrect.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:55 PM 03-12-2020
Have not read all posts. What scares the hell out of me is the virus goes dormant since spring and summer are coming so the chance of "flu" and "colds" should recede. Then fall and winter come and BAM! Corona 2.0 rears it's ugly head. This really sucks.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:55 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

asking for a friend
In addition to the elderly, anyone with a "Compromised" immunity, either from high blood pressure, Diabetes Type I & II, chemotherapy, radiation, recent surgeries, obesity or a combination of the above, are at a severe high risk of being infected by this disease when exposed, and will most likely have extreme difficulty in recovering.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:58 PM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
it already exists. The USA declined to use it and developed, botched and then redeveloped our own test. Made any tests go to the CDC. Now they are not even considering remote or drive by testing. Whoever has the Presidents ear needs to get up into said ear and tell him this is a ****ing crisis. We need to go outside the normal processes here too like South Korea and China did successfully.
At home testing would be the best possible way to contain this thing. Sure the cost would be high, but it's only a fraction of how much money will be lost due to this.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:00 PM 03-12-2020
Was needing to get TP because I just put the last roll in. Had to go to 4 stores because only a select few stores are completely sold out. Ground hamburger seemed to be on a lot of people's essential list as well because that shit was cleaned out too. And I only live in a city of ~113k and there is no confirmed case of coronavirus within 200 miles. Shits fucking ridiculous.
[Reply]
Page 192 of 3903
« First < 92142182188189190191192 1931941951962022422926921192 > Last »
Up