ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3785 of 4893
« First < 2785328536853735377537813782378337843785 378637873788378937953835388542854785 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
DomCasual 09:21 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why did Paton choose Hacket over, literally, everybody else?
Good question. Again, I am in no way defending Paton. I can't imagine how Hackett could have impressed enough in an interview to have been hired. That's the biggest negative mark against Paton, and he has a few of them. The obvious answer was "he thought it would land him Aaron Rodgers." I would have told you that was nonsense at the time of the hire. Now, who knows?

One interesting thing that has come up, though, is that at least the last three Broncos coaching hires were influenced by the team's financial situation. They had limited short-term resources. So, at the top of the list of criteria for the job, it was, "Is motivated enough to be a head coach that we can get him on the cheap." I think that was probably bolded and capitalized when you had to account for the cash you were still paying the last guy.

Vance Joseph
Vic Fangio
Nathaniel Hackett

Yikes. I have a little fan PTSD just typing those names.
[Reply]
DomCasual 09:27 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Didn't your DC decline the HC position after Hackett was fired?

Might just tell you all you need to know regarding the organization
Yeah. But that was really his only real option. There was absolutely nothing for him to gain from taking that job. Hackett is one of his best friends, so that would have been awkward. But what's more, it was a no-win situation for him. After the Christmas day debacle, it seemed unlikely the team was going to check back in after so obviously checking out. Why put that dumpster fire on your resume?

It should be noted that he is formally interviewing for the job tomorrow. So, it's not like he's just not interested. He was just smart enough to not want to be the guy left straightening the deck chairs on the Titanic.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:45 PM 01-08-2023
:-)

Those were the only guys that would take that shitty job.

Eric Bienemy is next.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:46 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Eric Bienemy is next.
One could hope. The Broncos get EB and KC gets two 3rd rounders. Win-win for KC.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:02 PM 01-08-2023
The Broncos' O was putting up numbers after the Hackett firing...

Today was all the proof I needed that Russell Wilson is NOT washed! pic.twitter.com/ntEbTniSSv

— 〽️ichael ���� (@Bronco_Hater) January 9, 2023

[Reply]
DomCasual 10:03 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:

Eric Bienemy is next.
I would be willing to place a wager on that.

The fact is that all three of those guys took the job despite the bottom-tier salary and the completely dysfunctional ownership situation.

Neither of those things are factors this time around.

That said, it's now complicated by a completely messed-up QB situation that isn't going to change anytime in at least the next 2-3 years.

Still, I'd be willing to bet they get one of the 'marquee" available coaches - for whatever that is worth. The ownership situation changes everything. You guys made fun of QJ for posting the thing about the new field. But as a Broncos fan, that little news blip was music to my ears. It's a perfect representation about how everything has changed. Since Pat Bowlen stepped away, you have had ownership and management whose interests were, at best, conflicted. What's worse, you had a bunch of guys in charge who had limited resources to actually do anything. Now, you have the ear of the wealthiest ownership situation in the league.

Will that, by itself, make the Broncos great again? No. But it removes an obstacle that has basically been a non-starter for success. It's hard enough, under the best of circumstances, to catch lightning in a bottle in the NFL, as it pertains to building a champion. When the bottle you're using has a cork, "difficult" basically becomes synonymous with "impossible."
[Reply]
TEX 10:07 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Such a stupid comment. Nathaniel Hackett might be the worst head coach in the NFL in the last quarter century. Fall guy? I wish they could have fired him a few more times. Did you actually watch any of the games he coached?

Is that a defense of Paton? No. Both "Paton sucks," and "Nathaniel Hackett might be the worst head coach in the last 25 years" can be true. The term "fall guy" suggests he was somehow not treated fairly. That's just...not smart.

Similarly, I have heard people say, "Russell Wilson got his coach fired." Same thing. Russell Wilson is not a top-5 NFL quarterback. But he's also not the dumpster fire he was for most of the 15-game Nathaniel Hackett tenure. The last two games are SUCH an indictment on Nathaniel Hackett. They've looked, I don't know, functional - like a real football team. That's with an interim head coach that was out of coaching three months ago - a guy that has never so much as sniffed a head coaching job in his career.
Your're full of stupid coments and your stupid GM hired Hackett to lure Rodgers.THAT was stupid. It's stupid to even try to deny it.

Wilson IS a dumpster fire, just like most of the players on your team, and one George Paton.
[Reply]
MagicHef 10:19 PM 01-08-2023
I hope Harbaugh buying burgers for recruits is what eventually leads him to being Denver’s HC.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 10:39 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
I hope Harbaugh buying burgers for recruits is what eventually leads him to being Denver’s HC.
I really respect Harbaugh so I really hope that's not the route he takes
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:40 PM 01-08-2023
Such a stupid comment. Nathaniel Hackett might be the worst head coach in the NFL in the last quarter century. Fall guy? I wish they could have fired him a few more times. Did you actually watch any of the games he coached?

Is that a defense of Paton? No. Both "Paton sucks," and "Nathaniel Hackett might be the worst head coach in the last 25 years" can be true. The term "fall guy" suggests he was somehow not treated fairly. That's just...not smart.

Similarly, I have heard people say, "Russell Wilson got his coach fired." Same thing. Russell Wilson is not a top-5 NFL quarterback. But he's also not the dumpster fire he was for most of the 15-game Nathaniel Hackett tenure. The last two games are SUCH an indictment on Nathaniel Hackett. They've looked, I don't know, functional - like a real football team. That's with an interim head coach that was out of coaching three months ago - a guy that has never so much as sniffed a head coaching job in his career.
Fat Russ was the problem idiot. That falls on Paton.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:42 PM 01-08-2023

Fat Russ was the problem idiot. That falls on Paton. Also who hired Hackett? Also Geno carrying Seattle to the playoffs makes Russ look like even more of a clown.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:46 PM 01-08-2023
This is wonderful.

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:47 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
The Broncos O was putting up numbers after the Hackett firing...

You do understand the Chargers had nothing, absolutely nothing to play for today right?
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:49 PM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You do understand the Chargers had nothing, absolutely nothing to play for today right?
Yet their coach and team treated the game like they had something to play for. Until Denver went up by double digits, then they started pulling starters.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:49 PM 01-08-2023
Imagine celebrating beating a team of backups going through the motions preparingfor the playoffs...absolutely pathetic.
[Reply]
Page 3785 of 4893
« First < 2785328536853735377537813782378337843785 378637873788378937953835388542854785 > Last »
Up