ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Man what's with the Browns and whining?
Mecca 07:22 PM 09-12-2021
Apparently after the game Myles Garrett said our coach should have gotten ejected because touching another teams player isn't cool.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:05 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Would tossing Lewis really even mattered?
Probably not, but tossing a starting safety does matter. You either toss both or neither, because neither were right.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:15 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Probably not, but tossing a starting safety does matter. You either toss both or neither, because neither were right.
Nah, if you're a player, you can't touch a coach or a ref, and it's ALWAYS been like that, since ****ing Pop Warner days.

Day one - do NOT touch anyone who isn't in uniform.

Simple.
[Reply]
eDave 09-13-2021, 08:23 PM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
jettio 08:24 PM 09-13-2021
No matter how any of you advocates for the Chiefs' coach want to slice it, the Chiefs coach was not within the "Bench" boundaries dictated by the league in Rule 13 and he also committed a "palpably unfair act" under the same rule that should have been flagged for a 15-yard penalty, as a minimum, and CAN include disqualification and/or discipline by the Commissioner.

The fact that he wasn't disqualified doesn't mean he couldn't have been nor does it mean everyone shares your opinion that he shouldn't have been. I'm kind of a believer in eye for an eye there. If you're going to disqualify the reactionary player, you disqualify the instigator (coach). Else, offsetting penalties and play ball.
So if the retaliating player strangles the instigator or breaks the instigator's neck, same penalty for both. Makes sense except for the fact that this is a professional sport and not a prison yard.

And Lewis, unlike Harrison, did not miss an opportunity to tackle anybody short of the first down. The instigator was Harrison jumping on Clyde after his teammate tackled Clyde.

Maybe Clyde instigated the whole thing by juking Harrison and Harrison retaliated by jumping on Clyde.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:29 PM 09-13-2021
You don’t seem to understand that what Harrison did was significantly worse, and clearly more aggressive with much more force.

One guy’s actions said “hey man you’re stepping on my guy, move”.

The others actions said “fuck you let’s fight”.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:13 PM 09-13-2021
Lewis wasn't clearly aggressive? Okay boys, okay. Ha.

Sorry, I can't defend Lewis from this. It wasn't Harrison's fault he ended up stepping back onto Clyde either. Watch the fucking play. Lewis was clearly in the wrong. He shouldn't be near that close to the sideline, much less pushing anyone off. He had no business stepping in there whatsoever. It wasn't a scuffle about to break out, it was a guy getting pushed backwards back over another player. Shit happens and Lewis needed to chill the fuck out right there. He absolutely used clear force to shove Harrison. He deserves the fine he'll likely get for it too. Honestly, he deserves the shot to chops he got for it.

Like I said, kick them both out of the game or neither, just not the way it went down. Neither was in the right so I'm sure as fuck not going to go out of my way to defend Lewis.

And as for the prison yard reference, that's straight-up retarded shit there. I didn't say let guys inflict grievous injury with potential for manslaughter did I? Get a fucking clue you half-witted fuck.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:15 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by :
it was a guy getting pushed backwards back over another player.
What a disingenuous representation of what occurred. Regardless of his intention, he was literally stepping on a player, and Lewis was simply getting him off of said player.

One guy was trying to help somebody else, the other was trying to fight because somebody put their hands on them.

Again, with that said, I don’t have a problem with a flag on Lewis. Throwing him out of the game though? Absolutely not.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:26 PM 09-13-2021
There has been a drastic societal shift in not understanding how intent plays a part in actions and reactions. Always question intent on an action before judging the reaction.

In this case, an opposing player stepped on the stomach of our player laying on his back. If it’s intentional, pushing him off is easily a rational reaction. So is if it was an unintentional stepping on the chief player.

If you get pushed by a coach, question the intention. If the coach pushed you with intent to hurt you, perhaps pushing him back could be prudent. But…….. NY got it right.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:08 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
There has been a drastic societal shift in not understanding how intent plays a part in actions and reactions. Always question intent on an action before judging the reaction.

In this case, an opposing player stepped on the stomach of our player laying on his back. If it’s intentional, pushing him off is easily a rational reaction. So is if it was an unintentional stepping on the chief player.

If you get pushed by a coach, question the intention. If the coach pushed you with intent to hurt you, perhaps pushing him back could be prudent. But…….. NY got it right.
If it was a chiefs player stepping onto our player unintentionally, would he have reacted the same way?
[Reply]
jettio 10:10 PM 09-13-2021

Sorry, I can't defend Lewis from this. It wasn't Harrison's fault he ended up stepping back onto Clyde either. Watch the ****ing play. Lewis was clearly in the wrong. He shouldn't be near that close to the sideline, much less pushing anyone off. He had no business stepping in there whatsoever. It wasn't a scuffle about to break out, it was a guy getting pushed backwards back over another player. Shit happens and Lewis needed to chill the **** out right there. He absolutely used clear force to shove Harrison. He deserves the fine he'll likely get for it too. Honestly, he deserves the shot to chops he got for it.

Like I said, kick them both out of the game or neither, just not the way it went down. Neither was in the right so I'm sure as **** not going to go out of my way to defend Lewis.

And as for the prison yard reference, that's straight-up retarded shit there. I didn't say let guys inflict grievous injury with potential for manslaughter did I? Get a ****ing clue you half-witted ****.
Watch the play, Harrison had a chance to make the tackle short of the first down, he got faked out and the other Browns player had already tackled Clyde before Harrison jumped on Clyde to get revenge for making him look bad.

Lewis was assessed a penalty and nobody here has said that a penalty on Lewis was not an acceptable call. But Harrison deserved to get disqualified because he did not just put his hands on Lewis chest with similar force. He made an open handed punch about as close to Lewis throat as possible without hitting the throat.

Watch the entire play with somebody who knows something about football and have them explain to you that getting faked out of your shoes does not mean it is okay to jump on a player tackled by someone else and rough them up.
[Reply]
jettio 10:14 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
If it was a chiefs player stepping onto our player unintentionally, would he have reacted the same way?
You should watch the entire play. Harrison did more than unintentionally step on Clyde's chest.

Missing a tackle does not mean you get to jump on a player and rough him up to intimidate him.

If you watch the part after the disqualification is announced and they show the entire encounter on the sideline, it shows that Harrison got up in a way to unnecessarily put his groin and ass in Clyde's face like he wanted Clyde to smell his dirty ass and nutsack.

I was wrong Harrison did have to finish the tackle because Clyde beat Harrison's first attempt at tackle and Clyde was beating the other tackle if Harrison did not finish the tackle. Clyde is a lot better RB than the chiefs planet consensus says he is.

JC Tretter should stop trying to mess with Greg Lewis's money. Maybe he can get someone from HR to host a seminar to teach the scrubs on the Browns how to get up off the pile without trying to make another man smell your dirty ass and nutsack.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:14 PM 09-13-2021
Gets better...

JC Tretter player union president and Browns center literally saying coaches should be held to a higher standard than players. And then he goes right back into the rhetoric of coaches shouldn't put their hands on players.

Apparently Cleveland wants Lewis to be punished because it was "unfair". They're literally acting like Lewis baited Harrison.
[Reply]
eDave 10:16 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Gets better...

JC Tretter player union president and Browns center literally saying coaches should be held to a higher standard than players. And then he goes right back into the rhetoric of coaches shouldn't put their hands on players.

Apparently Cleveland wants Lewis to be punished because it was "unfair". They're literally acting like Lewis baited Harrison.
Punish him how? Toss him from the game that's over?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Punish him how? Toss him from the game that's over?
They apparently think because he wasn't ejected he should be fined, suspended or both.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:18 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
You should watch the entire play. Harrison did more than unintentionally step on Clyde's chest.

Missing a tackle does not mean you get to jump on a player and rough him up to intimidate him.
I really don’t think coaches should be putting their hands on opposing players that way. He was clearly rougher than he should have been, because he was frustrated with the situation.

He wasn’t just helping Harrison get his footing and get off CEH, he was pissed. That’s the problem.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:19 PM 09-13-2021

Sorry, I can't defend Lewis from this. It wasn't Harrison's fault he ended up stepping back onto Clyde either. Watch the ****ing play. Lewis was clearly in the wrong. He shouldn't be near that close to the sideline, much less pushing anyone off. He had no business stepping in there whatsoever. It wasn't a scuffle about to break out, it was a guy getting pushed backwards back over another player. Shit happens and Lewis needed to chill the **** out right there. He absolutely used clear force to shove Harrison. He deserves the fine he'll likely get for it too. Honestly, he deserves the shot to chops he got for it.

Like I said, kick them both out of the game or neither, just not the way it went down. Neither was in the right so I'm sure as **** not going to go out of my way to defend Lewis.

And as for the prison yard reference, that's straight-up retarded shit there. I didn't say let guys inflict grievous injury with potential for manslaughter did I? Get a ****ing clue you half-witted ****.
Dude, there were two other chiefs staffers with him trying to help CEH up. Lewis was one of them. He didn't go over there to pick a fight. I don't think Harrison intentionally stepped on CEH. But his foot was on him and Lewis saw that and shoved him off.

Lewis didn't even look at Harrison after that. And was stunned when he got pushed back. Because his attention immediately went to checking on CEH. How is this any different from restraining an opponent on your sideline or boxing him out to protect your player except in this case maybe he shoved a little too hard?

If you want to follow letter of the law and call a penalty on Lewis, fine. And that's what happened. But my God how in the world is anyone else making this to be remotely malicious? Let alone some people acting like this was some kind of assault.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up