ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Man what's with the Browns and whining?
Mecca 07:22 PM 09-12-2021
Apparently after the game Myles Garrett said our coach should have gotten ejected because touching another teams player isn't cool.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 11:11 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Gets better...

JC Tretter player union president and Browns center literally saying coaches should be held to a higher standard than players. And then he goes right back into the rhetoric of coaches shouldn't put their hands on players.

Apparently Cleveland wants Lewis to be punished because it was "unfair". They're literally acting like Lewis baited Harrison.

Ok. How about;

Players should be held to a higher standard. They’re in the lime light. Influencing society all around.

How’s that play out in this discussion?

Heres some other angles of it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKJJ_f2ggw

Browns 51 got out after the tackle just fine……. IDK.
[Reply]
jettio 11:41 PM 09-13-2021
I think Lewis and Harrison were punished appropriately and no further monetary sanction is needed.

League could say something about something about coaches on the sideline and send Harrison a note that if he gets juked and gives up a first down, don't try to pull any intimidation bullshit getting off the pile, especially on the other team's sideline.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:20 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Coaches don't blatantly shove players all the time. Not sure I've ever seen a coach shove a player in that manner, then jaw at them after.
I have seen coaches and sideline personnel push players back into the field many, many times.

Like when a player makes a tackle on the opposing teams sideline, and ends up out of bounds, and kinda celebrates, or has words with the player he tackled, it isn't uncommon for someone to push him back onto the field, like a teacher separating two kids about to fight at recess.

Its not always as aggressive as Lewis was, but I have seen worse. Usually, the player on the wrong sideline understands and turns around and heads back to the center of the field.

Players grow up from a very early age seeing coaches as authority figures, whether it's their coach, or coaches from other teams, which is why there are almost never incidents like that between players and coaches on the sideline.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:24 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. -Mahatma Gandhi.
Or makes everyone a pirate.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:33 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Kevin Stefanski may be a good coach
I don't think there is any doubt about it. Stefanski is one of the best young coaches in football.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:38 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
Your problem is that you are not looking at the entire sequence. Harrison was trying to intimidate Clyde and he was pissed that Clyde juked him and defeated his first attempt at the tackle.

Do you think it is okay for Harrison to intentionally put his ass and nutsack in Clyde's face when getting off the pile instead of rolling off the man and getting up like a non-asshole football player?

The penalty on Lewis was acceptable, but anything else would be bullshit, because Harrison did a lot of after the tackle intimidation bullshit before his foot ended up on Clyde's midsection.
Exactly.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:41 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have seen coaches and sideline personnel push players back into the field many, many times.

Like when a player makes a tackle on the opposing teams sideline, and ends up out of bounds, and kinda celebrates, or has words with the player he tackled, it isn't uncommon for someone to push him back onto the field, like a teacher separating two kids about to fight at recess.

Its not always as aggressive as Lewis was, but I have seen worse. Usually, the player on the wrong sideline understands and turns around and heads back to the center of the field.

Players grow up from a very early age seeing coaches as authority figures, whether it's their coach, or coaches from other teams, which is why there are almost never incidents like that between players and coaches on the sideline.

100%, and we were all taught from day one to literally not touch anyone who isn't a uniformed participant. Period.

I've seen coaches wade in to piles and yank players off each other at literally every level of football.

Lewis should've stayed (shouldn't even have been a penalty on him, imho), Harrison should have been penalized, ejected, fined, and suspended without pay for at least a month so he can sit at home and think about his fucking actions.

Fuck this crybaby bullshit.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:42 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Kevin Stefanski may be a good coach and helps the Brownies win more but he apparently doesn’t know how to control the locker room and lets his players bitch, cry, point fingers, make excuses, etc. This is creating a culture on your team that makes you feel justified in your actions if you feel you’ve been ‘wronged’ (see Myles Garrett, Harrison, etc.) with no accountability.

So glad we have Andy Reid and don’t have to put up with clown nonsense like this on our team.

You lost. Get over it. The RB coach being ejected (which would have been wrong) would not have changed the outcome of the game.
That's just the culture they have there. It was like that when Halry and Jackson were there.

It must start at the top.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:48 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by SupDock:
So my opinion isn’t a minority radical one?

You all are acting like it’s preposterous to view the event the way I do.
Have you ever played ANY organized sports?
[Reply]
Spott 06:55 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Ok. How about;

Players should be held to a higher standard. They’re in the lime light. Influencing society all around.

How’s that play out in this discussion?

Heres some other angles of it all.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4kKJJ_f2ggw

Browns 51 got out after the tackle just fine……. IDK.
To me it looked like a typical coach trying to break up a skirmish. The difference is that a coach is wearing a T-shirt and a hat and the professional athlete is wearing a helmet and pads. Harrison looked at the coach, thought about it for a second, and still pushed Lewis much harder. He knew what he was doing was a bitch move and still did it anyways.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:09 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
To me it looked like a typical coach trying to break up a skirmish. The difference is that a coach is wearing a T-shirt and a hat and the professional athlete is wearing a helmet and pads. Harrison looked at the coach, thought about it for a second, and still pushed Lewis much harder. He knew what he was doing was a bitch move and still did it anyways.
Yup. Harrison is a bitch who pulled a bitch move, and I'd lay dollars to donuts that if you put Lewis and Harrison in a room with nothing but each other and 5 minutes alone, Lewis would tune Harrison right the fuck up, too.
[Reply]
Dartgod 07:10 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
It is laughable that people are trying to defend Harrison. He took a cheap shot at Clyde and was standing on his chest. Then he punched a coach.

**** that asshole and the rest of the cheap-shot Browns.
Can we please stop saying that he "punched" Lewis?
[Reply]
SupDock 09:00 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Have you ever played ANY organized sports?
Yes, but I’m done with the debate. I just didn’t want you to think I didn’t want to answer because the answer was no. I’m not sure the relevance though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:23 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Can we please stop saying that he "punched" Lewis?
While I agree, I'm getting sick and tired of the overwhelming narrative out there that greg Lewis got physical with Harrison. The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. They're acting like he assaulted him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:28 PM 09-14-2021
https://youtu.be/Gxdl-m0GqXI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up