ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 27
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:37 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
When it rains it pours. Holy ****ing shit....

We're going in dry Sunday Night......

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:40 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I've enjoyed watching him play many times, Sunday night he looked like ass from what I watched.

The mainly running athletic QB's who cant throw accurately just have a short shelf life. His MVP season was well deserved but I just don't see the repeatability of it.

Coming to that conclusion about Jackson after the Monday night game would be similar to someone watching Super Bowl LV and assuming Mahomes is overrated.

Lamar was just under fire that game. I read a report that he was pressured on 55% of dropbacks. I believe Mahomes was under pressure on 52% of his dropbacks in the Super Bowl.

Villanueva legitimately made Max Crosby look like prime JJ Watt.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:44 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t know why you guys obsess over tearing down Lamar Jackson? He’s obviously has holes in his game but he’s a fun, exciting player to watch. Seems like a good dude too.

I get tired of the Qb attitudes around here that’s basically “he’s not Mahomes, so he sucks”
Because when someone keeps telling you 'water isn't wet', it only makes you want to pour a bucket of it on them and say "so...how ya feelin' now?"

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Lamar DID lead the NFL in td passes during his mvp year so i guess that's why folks still believe in him.
And ultimately he did so via a wholly unsustainable TD ratio in the red zone. This has finally been studied a bit and there's just no evidence right now that red zone TD percentage is a true skill. It vacillates year over year. And I did the math on it, when you took his MVP season and just gave him an average, representative red zone TD rate, he threw 27 touchdowns.

Last season he had an average red zone TD rate and threw....26 touchdowns.

He probably is who he is and he's being propped up as a rival to our golden child - so yeah, we're gonna push back on that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Coming to that conclusion about Jackson after the Monday night game would be similar to someone watching Super Bowl LV and assuming Mahomes is overrated.

Lamar was just under fire that game. I read a report that he was pressured on 55% of dropbacks. I believe Mahomes was under pressure on 52% of his dropbacks in the Super Bowl.

Villanueva legitimately made Max Crosby look like prime JJ Watt.
Worse still - when he wasn't getting mauled, he was flat out missing assignments.

I'm not sure he is physically up to the job after Monday night, but man - even if he is - you really have to worry about how much of this scheme he's actually absorbed because when he wasn't on his ass, he was blocking air.

He was god-awful.
[Reply]
frozenchief 11:51 AM 09-16-2021
With the Ravens O-line in shambles, maybe Clark will look like he's supposed to look and get some sacks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:52 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Worse still - when he wasn't getting mauled, he was flat out missing assignments.

I'm not sure he is physically up to the job after Monday night, but man - even if he is - you really have to worry about how much of this scheme he's actually absorbed because when he wasn't on his ass, he was blocking air.

He was god-awful.

If Taylor Lewan didn’t just give up 5 sacks to Chandler Jones and get put on his ass by Budda Baker, I’d say Villanueva’s performance was the worst one we could have seen all season long.

I can only hope he’s just as bad on the left side when they play us on Sunday.
[Reply]
neech 12:10 PM 09-16-2021
It looks like the Ravens CB Chris Westry will be out he has a torn meniscus.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/ba...r-tough-injury
[Reply]
VAChief 12:14 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I guess my question is - why would anyone expect it to be otherwise?

If someone had my last name I'd cheer for that guy when he's not playing my team. Because there just aren't many dudes with my last name.
All these years and I guess I never realized your last name was actually "Left Nut." :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:50 PM 09-16-2021
Beat up or not, the Ravens have had this game circled since the schedule came out. We’re gonna get their absolute best shot. May not prove a victory for the them, but almost has a trap game feeling to me. Ravens beat up with their backs against the wall. We have the talent to beat them, no doubt.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:56 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Beat up or not, the Ravens have had this game circled since the schedule came out. We’re gonna get their absolute best shot. May not prove a victory for the them, but almost has a trap game feeling to me. Ravens beat up with their backs against the wall. We have the talent to beat them, no doubt.
Yep can't take anything for granted. I'm the Browns fans were rubbing their hands when they heard Tyrann and Clark were out.. hope our guys stay focused and are prepared for a tough game.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:57 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
"want to" is cool. It's less important than how you match up and how healthy you are.

See: Patriots, past 20 years.

The Ravens were a bad matchup before all the injuries. Now they're devastated by injury on defense and on the offensive line.

If the Baltimore OL can't create holes in the run game and protect Jackson, their whole offense will revolve around him being superman, and that's a tough way to survive.

If the Ravens secondary can't hold up in 1x1 or zone coverage (because they're now down 2 of their top 4 CBs from the start of training camp), the Chiefs will dice them up through the air with ease.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:57 PM 09-16-2021
At least Travis knows who he is playing now.

https://youtu.be/mu6gUvamvB4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:00 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
"want to" is cool. It's less important than how you match up and how healthy you are.

See: Patriots, past 20 years.

The Ravens were a bad matchup before all the injuries. Now they're devastated by injury on defense and on the offensive line.

If the Baltimore OL can't create holes in the run game and protect Jackson, their whole offense will revolve around him being superman, and that's a tough way to survive.

If the Ravens secondary can't hold up in 1x1 or zone coverage (because they're now down 2 of their top 4 CBs from the start of training camp), the Chiefs will dice them up through the air with ease.
If this line stays under 4 I'm hitting KC for 1 grand.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:03 PM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If this line stays under 4 I'm hitting KC for 1 grand.
Where do you go to bet?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:07 PM 09-16-2021
Collinsworth with Dan Patrick.

https://youtu.be/XEEk_i5q_74

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 21 of 27
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up