ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
JPH83 09:59 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the runaway is fairly inevitable.

How is Baltimore going to defend the Chiefs? Their heavy pressure/cover zero/cover 1 approach got torched by Derek Carr, Darren Waller, and the Raiders' mediocre receivers.

That same approach will get absolutely demolished by the Chiefs and Mahomes.

And if they decide to play a soft zone, they're going completely away from what has made their D effective in the past. Playing an unfamiliar style is a real challenge for any non-Belichick team, generally.

I think the Chiefs score and move the ball at will. Only self-inflicted wounds really can stop them/slow them down.
Sorry missed you'd said this better and first, but i agree
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:05 AM 09-16-2021
The Chiefs are only favored by like 3. I’m not a bettor, but that is DAMN tempting.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:06 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Because he's black. They do the same with Watson. He screws up for 3 quarters and they lose but it's everyone else's fault.

Lamar is inconsistent and so is Watson, that's their problem but they get a pass so media can be politically correct Look at what they say about Cam. He hasn't played good for years but the media won't call him crap or say he's done even though he is. He's black and gets a pass.
Stop. Black QBs aren't getting a criticism pass.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Chiefs are only favored by like 3. I’m not a bettor, but that is DAMN tempting.
They're 1-10-1 their last 12 vs the spread. So tread lightly.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:12 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Because he's black. They do the same with Watson. He screws up for 3 quarters and they lose but it's everyone else's fault.

Lamar is inconsistent and so is Watson, that's their problem but they get a pass so media can be politically correct Look at what they say about Cam. He hasn't played good for years but the media won't call him crap or say he's done even though he is. He's black and gets a pass.
Bad take. Watson is night and day better than Lamar. He is no Mahomes, but he is nowhere near Lamar.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Stop. Black QBs aren't getting a criticism pass.
Maybe not for everybody, but to deny that Lamar is the “great black hope” at QB for many in the media is to deny reality.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:20 AM 09-16-2021
Lamar was NFL MVP 2 years ago, that buys you some credibility.

Last year, as typically happens after a record-setting season there was some regression as teams started to load up the middle more and started to figure out the Ravens offense more than when it first rolled out.

Still a very good player. I get why KC fans write him off because we have Football God at QB and Spags kind of has Lamar's number a bit.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:31 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Maybe not for everybody, but to deny that Lamar is the “great black hope” at QB for many in the media is to deny reality.
This is the part where you tell me some anecdotal bullshit you read on a rap forum the other day.

I still don't buy it.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 09-16-2021
This is the part where you tell me some anecdotal bullshit you read on a rap forum the other day.

I still don't buy it.
What does a rap forum have to do with the “media”?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:35 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the runaway is fairly inevitable.

How is Baltimore going to defend the Chiefs? Their heavy pressure/cover zero/cover 1 approach got torched by Derek Carr, Darren Waller, and the Raiders' mediocre receivers.

That same approach will get absolutely demolished by the Chiefs and Mahomes.

And if they decide to play a soft zone, they're going completely away from what has made their D effective in the past. Playing an unfamiliar style is a real challenge for any non-Belichick team, generally.

I think the Chiefs score and move the ball at will. Only self-inflicted wounds really can stop them/slow them down.
Browns fan wanted me to bet on the game last week and told him I preferred to bet the Rams over Bears.

This week I'm in on KC and hitting this one hard.

Let's go Chiefs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:40 AM 09-16-2021
What does a rap forum have to do with the “media”?
Media, social media- I don't buy it either way.

Maybe you came across some racist dbag on your rap forum. Maybe Marcellus Wiley is a racist prick.. I don't think the claim that black QBs are above criticism holds much water, though.

Cam's been getting ripped apart ever since his MVP season. Jackson's similarly been on the hot seat with the "he's a RB", "can't read defenses" "can't throw outside the numbers" talk.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:50 AM 09-16-2021
Media, social media- I don't buy it either way.

Maybe you came across some racist dbag on your rap forum. Maybe Marcellus Wiley is a racist prick.. I don't think the claim that black QBs are above criticism holds much water, though.

Cam's been getting ripped apart ever since his MVP season. Jackson's similarly been on the hot seat with the "he's a RB", "can't read defenses" "can't throw outside the numbers" talk.
If you paid any attention, you’d realize how scared or in denial people in the media are to give this take.

Instead you get “Lamar is an underrated pocket passer” (which was literally said on Monday).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:52 AM 09-16-2021
If you paid any attention, you’d realize how scared or in denial people in the media are to give this take.

Instead you get “Lamar is an underrated pocket passer” (which was literally said on Monday).
Even though I agree with you, I wouldn’t take much away from the Monday broadcast.

Those announcers need to talk up both teams to better sell the product. If they talk down on the teams much, they may lose viewers. They have to sell to the average viewer that they’re watching an important game.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:58 AM 09-16-2021
But look at the hype folks have thrown on Josh Allen?? Folks were trying to say he's better than Pat last season. Trevor Lawrence had silly hype too coming out of college when the kid had pure nfl talent around him and still lost two of the three biggest games he played in. Then lastly you had Romo saying "Zach Wilson could be Mahomes" after his preseason games...there's nothing more hyped than young white qb's man let's be real about this.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:59 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh you're fired. No question there - 3 years after you pull the trigger, maybe only 2, you're shitcanned.

But you're looking at a gallows or a firing squad either way. You wanna throw $40 million at Jackson and bleed out slowly as his athleticism wanes and his supporting cast collapses around him and you fall to 5-11? Because that seems almost inevitable. Or do you want to go ahead and deal him, pray that you managed to get lucky with your new QB and maybe save your job.

The way I see it, keeping Lamar means you're almost certainly fired around the middle/end of that long-term deal. Trading Lamar means you're almost certainly fired in the first couple of years of what WOULD have been that long-term deal....but you might not. You might be able to save it.
Trade him to Houston for Watson.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 27
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up