ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:37 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's how most RB's are. It's the same with pass rushers. It comes in bunches.

Those 6 and 7 yard body blows just add up and thats what killed the Chiefs in teh first half in that all those runs seemed to have come on first down.

2nd and 3 in teh NFL is just unwinnable.
Watching in real time, it seemed like the 6 and 7 yard gains killed the Chiefs in the first half, but I reviewed the play by play and it told a different story.

Cleveland had 318 yards (total yards gained from their 4 drives) in the first half.

Mayfield accounted for 236 (passing and running). He also took an 11 yard sack.

Jarvis Landry had 13 rushing yards. Schwartz had 17 rushing yards. Nnadi had a 15 yard penalty (those yards were canceled out by 15 yards in penalties by the Browns).

When you do the math, the rushing game (from RBs) only accounted for 61 of their yards.

The real killer for us was Mayfield in the first half.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:39 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I read Lamar has ONE 300 yard passing game in 38 starts. Can't be true.
It is.

As many games where he's thrown for fewer than 100 yards than games where he's thrown for more than 300.

And we'll still get scolded every week with some straw man. "Not bad for a runningback playing quarterback, is it folks!!" after he makes one decent rainbow throw, misses 4 passes underneath and finished with 220 yards on 38 attempts.

You just kinda throw your hands up. They know what they know and that's all there is to it.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:40 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I read a study about it for fantasy football like 6-8 years ago. Looking for an 'efficient' back is a fools errand. Just accept that most guys with good rate stats have them because they break long runs. Don't say stuff like "well if you take away his two long carries..." because those two long carries are exactly what separates the top 10 guys from flex plays now that the days of the bellcow back are seemingly behind us.

it just kinda is what it is. And we always knew CEH wasn't a HR hitter so knowing that, I just don't understand why we drafted him in the 1st if we didn't intend to use him heavily in the passing game.
Oh I agree. The two long carries happened, so they count.

I’m just pointing out that the long gains were essentially the difference between CEH and Chubb in this one.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Watching in real time, it seemed like the 6 and 7 yard gains killed the Chiefs in the first half, but I reviewed the play by play and it told a different story.

Cleveland had 318 yards (total yards gained from their 4 drives) in the first half.

Mayfield accounted for 236 (passing and running). He also took an 11 yard sack.

Jarvis Landry had 13 rushing yards. Schwartz had 17 rushing yards. Nnadi had a 15 yard penalty (those yards were canceled out by 15 yards in penalties by the Browns).

When you do the math, the rushing game (from RBs) only accounted for 61 of their yards.

The real killer for us was Mayfield in the first half.
Oh for sure, but I think it may be a missing the forest for the trees here thing. Yeah Mayfield was great in the first half, but he had the Chiefs defense on it's heels due to the run game. The play action game was humming and the Chiefs were in between.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:42 AM 09-16-2021
Something very interesting: the Ravens gave up a league high 148 yards of YAC in week 1.

This one could be a laugher
[Reply]
O.city 09:44 AM 09-16-2021
Ravens theoretically will have their backs against the wall so I don't think we'll see a runaway.

It's surely possible I guess, but I'm not sure I see it.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:49 AM 09-16-2021
Ravens theoretically will have their backs against the wall so I don't think we'll see a runaway.

It all depends. Like I said, when they were a much better team, that kind of desperation could be a good thing, but with this current team? That could be a disaster.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:51 AM 09-16-2021

Hard to imagine "backs against the wall" in week 2. There's still 16 games to be played.

The start of the season might be the most meaningless part of the entire NFL season.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Hard to imagine "backs against the wall" in week 2. There's still 16 games to be played.

The start of the season might be the most meaningless part of the entire NFL season.
0-2 historically, basically eliminates you from the playoffs.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:53 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

One of the dumbest statements ever made here.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:56 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Something very interesting: the Ravens gave up a league high 148 yards of YAC in week 1.

Do we have a fast receiver?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:58 AM 09-16-2021

I think the runaway is fairly inevitable.

How is Baltimore going to defend the Chiefs? Their heavy pressure/cover zero/cover 1 approach got torched by Derek Carr, Darren Waller, and the Raiders' mediocre receivers.

That same approach will get absolutely demolished by the Chiefs and Mahomes.

And if they decide to play a soft zone, they're going completely away from what has made their D effective in the past. Playing an unfamiliar style is a real challenge for any non-Belichick team, generally.

I think the Chiefs score and move the ball at will. Only self-inflicted wounds really can stop them/slow them down.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:58 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

DRob is going to destroy these fools.

:-)
[Reply]
JPH83 09:58 AM 09-16-2021
I very rarely think this, and I reckon it's still a strong roster, but we should boat race them. Yes they'll want to bounce back and it's at their place but Martindale's defence so far has been tailor made for Mahomes. The mad amount of blitzing works against pretty much everyone but him. I guess I could see the speed of Oweh giving our tackles a problem, maybe Calais is too much for the interior, but unless Martindale is trying something different it shouldn't be close.
[Reply]
O.city 09:59 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the runaway is fairly inevitable.

How is Baltimore going to defend the Chiefs? Their heavy pressure/cover zero/cover 1 approach got torched by Derek Carr, Darren Waller, and the Raiders' mediocre receivers.

That same approach will get absolutely demolished by the Chiefs and Mahomes.

And if they decide to play a soft zone, they're going completely away from what has made their D effective in the past. Playing an unfamiliar style is a real challenge for any non-Belichick team, generally.

I think the Chiefs score and move the ball at will. Only self-inflicted wounds really can stop them/slow them down.
Quite possible.

The Chiefs just haven't kicked the shit out of anyone in a while.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 27
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up