ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 27
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:56 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
In some ways our defensive stats will always be skewed because opposing teams are so scared shitless of Mahomes that they often go for it in 4th and short situations where teams would typically punt.

And sadly, it works for them way too often.

Same for red zone defense, IMO. If it’s 4th and less than 5, seems like teams know they should and go for it.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:30 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Ragland. Zero, zero clue why Bill didn't run the ball. That was a rare gift from Bill as he outsmarted himself for no reason there.
I always get Ragland and Speaks confused. I wonder why?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 AM 09-15-2021
Cleveland had their way with our defense the first half, but KC settled down and played well the second half-and lights out in the 4th quarter. And that was missing 3 important pieces. I know Gay is still an unknown, but it seems clear he is a big part of the plan.

We'll be fine. It was a learning experience for several new Chiefs, too.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:24 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

With Frank back to set the edge, Badger back to make sure we are not falling for bootlegs repeatedly and Gay back to shore up defense on TE's- I am hopeful for an enormous improvement.
Frank Clark may not be playing up to his contract in the regular season, but if the Browns game is any indication, he is a lot more disciplined when it comes to setting the edge than Jones.

On that Chubb run to the left of the end zone, Jones immediately crashed down the LOS, and never even looked in the backfield.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:27 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Ravens struggled with Waller. Do we have anyone like that?

Luckily I don’t think we have anyone that bad at catching the football.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:30 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Frank Clark may not be playing up to his contract in the regular season, but if the Browns game is any indication, he is a lot more disciplined when it comes to setting the edge than Jones.

On that Chubb run to the left of the end zone, Jones immediately crashed down the LOS, and never even looked in the backfield.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
That wasn’t Jones….it was Kaindoh
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:38 AM 09-15-2021
Andy Reid said "no injuries" at his press conference today, and Honey Badger and Frank Clark will return to practice.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:39 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
That wasn’t Jones….it was Kaindoh
This.
[Reply]
arrwheader 12:14 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy Reid said "no injuries" at his press conference today, and Honey Badger and Frank Clark will return to practice.
Hell yea

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Oxford 12:14 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Patrick doesn’t do check downs. He only goes for the jugular. Every. Single. Time.
At times he needs to break that tendency. Defense needs to honor the RB-flat passes, if he never throws there then they can cheat.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:47 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Cleveland had their way with our defense the first half, but KC settled down and played well the second half-and lights out in the 4th quarter. And that was missing 3 important pieces. I know Gay is still an unknown, but it seems clear he is a big part of the plan.

We'll be fine. It was a learning experience for several new Chiefs, too.
Not defending the Defense, as they obviously have things to work on for sure.

But....

Cleveland's offense runs through Nick Chubb (and KH), run first, and Play Action passing off of that. Ultimately, a lot of what they do gets them in third and short situations (I won't turn this into a Baker bash session BTW).

And the Chiefs managed to hold them to just 2 - 7 on third downs. Now granted, the Browns were 3-4 on 4th downs (not sure if that includes the end of half last gasp effort, but I think it does), which means all of the 4th down conversations were in the first half.

So, to go a whole second half stopping a team predicated on living life in 3rd and short is a pretty sound effort. Too bad it took them a half to wake it up, but also consider that most teams aren't as skilled as the Browns, and likely will kick FGs or punt in those situations.

I think the D played like crap in the first half, but equally exceptional in the second, but the entire game would have changed if the Browns didn't convert those 4th downs, or decided to take the easy threes

And for that reason, I'm pretty confident in saying we absolutely took the Browns best punch and still came out on top. Once we started getting the Browns behind the chains, it was over.

EDIT: I'm moving on the the Ravens now lol....
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:03 PM 09-15-2021
Damn, Ravens are beat the fuck up right now. Injury report looks tough. Brown, Stanley, Wolfe, and cb Chris Westry didn’t practice, and Hayes, Humphrey, and Jimmy Smith limited practice. Might be a bloodbath.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:38 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Damn, Ravens are beat the **** up right now. Injury report looks tough. Brown, Stanley, Wolfe, and cb Chris Westry didn’t practice, and Hayes, Humphrey, and Jimmy Smith limited practice. Might be a bloodbath.
610 said they had 13 on the injury list. :-)

I hope we smash these assholes.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:27 PM 09-15-2021
I like and respect Lamar Jackson but he's not in the same stratosphere as Mahomes.
[Reply]
Dante84 08:21 PM 09-15-2021
Sooo, there’s this…

Ravens running counter trey but they do it on both sides so both pulling G's and T's run into each other pic.twitter.com/6n9znYe0Te

— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) September 15, 2021

[Reply]
Page 14 of 27
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up