ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 172
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:40 PM 10-20-2021
Midnight Mass had potential to be great, but it just did not stick the landing in any way shape or form
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:32 PM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Anyone watching Dopesick ? It's a Hulu show, starts Michael Keaton. Basically about the rise of Oxy and Purdue Pharma. Really well done
Dopesick is really well done. Very good.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:56 PM 10-20-2021
Clickbait on Netflix... anyone yet???
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:29 PM 10-26-2021
I know some will immediately hate it because subtitles, but My Name on Netflix is good. I'm 5 episodes in and it has me by the balls.

The production value on this is way better than I was expecting and goddamn if the characters aren't compelling with lots of twists and turns.

I'm in until the end.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:44 PM 10-26-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My Name on Netflix is good.
Thanks for the recommend.

Unrelated to Buehler's post, but relevant to the thread, I'm somehow spending the evening [hopefully JUST this evening] going down a rabbit hole of the opposite of this thread.

AVClub had an article on a recently released on youtube unaired rejected pilot of Wayne Knight's attempted follow-up after Seinfeld ended, an awful sitcom written by Larry Charles [also a principal writer on Seinfeld. And this has led me to a trove of unaired/failed/lost pilots.

Kind of a cross between cultural anthropology and MST3K.

[Reply]
lcarus 10:57 PM 10-26-2021
Easy to see why that pilot with Wayne Knight didn't make it. It just wasn't funny at all. The secondary characters were all terrible. I'm seeing the comments of people saying they loved it or they would've watched a whole series of it. Were we watching two different things or are they just kissing ass to Charles? Because that was really bad.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:03 AM 10-27-2021
Holy shit, really liked Clickbait. Was full of twists, and turns. Never saw the ending coming. Really drew me in from the start.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:15 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Anyone watching Dopesick ? It's a Hulu show, starts Michael Keaton. Basically about the rise of Oxy and Purdue Pharma. Really well done
Richard, . . . there is a reason people are repelled by you, and that's never going to change.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Dayze 06:00 PM 10-27-2021
one of the benefits of rarely watching any TV other than live sports and history stuff, is usually the wife and I are several years behind in terms of current TV series, compared to when we actually watch them . Example, we didn't watch The Sopranos until probably 5 years or so after it finished; Same with Lost. and we just finished Friday Night Lights. I watched. Sons of Anarchy a few years after it was over and really liked it (aside from getting annoyed with Gema the last 2 seasons or so)

What are some other series that are on Hulu or Netflix etc that we might have missed / forgot about that are a good binge worthy experience. We wrapped up FNL in probably like 3 weeks. Neither of us are hip on Sci-Fi or anything.

What are a few series that might be worth checking out? I guess not so much 'comedy' series'; but drama type stuff with good on-going character development etc.

Longmire? Yellowstone? Breaking Bad?

...probably a ton of others I' m forgetting.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 PM 10-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
one of the benefits of rarely watching any TV other than live sports and history stuff, is usually the wife and I are several years behind in terms of current TV series, compared to when we actually watch them . Example, we didn't watch The Sopranos until probably 5 years or so after it finished; Same with Lost. and we just finished Friday Night Lights. I watched. Sons of Anarchy a few years after it was over and really liked it (aside from getting annoyed with Gema the last 2 seasons or so)

What are some other series that are on Hulu or Netflix etc that we might have missed / forgot about that are a good binge worthy experience. We wrapped up FNL in probably like 3 weeks. Neither of us are hip on Sci-Fi or anything.

What are a few series that might be worth checking out? I guess not so much 'comedy' series'; but drama type stuff with good on-going character development etc.

Longmire? Yellowstone? Breaking Bad?

...probably a ton of others I' m forgetting.
Those are all good.

If you liked Sopranos, watch The Wire.

I dug Hell on Wheels.

I'm a total sucker for Mad Men. TOTAL sucker.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:46 AM 10-28-2021
Those are all good.

If you liked Sopranos, watch The Wire.

I dug Hell on Wheels.

I'm a total sucker for Mad Men. TOTAL sucker.
:-)

that one looks interesting.

I've heard Mad Men was really good

Thanks for the suggestions mang.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:55 AM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
:-)

that one looks interesting.

I've heard Mad Men was really good

Thanks for the suggestions mang.
Also, another one I was super into was Peaky Blinders.

Or more accurately, PEAKY FUCKIN BLIIIIIIIIIIIINDAS. As is how my brain reads those two words. :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:15 PM 10-28-2021
I know some will immediately hate it because subtitles, but My Name on Netflix is good. I'm 5 episodes in and it has me by the balls.

The production value on this is way better than I was expecting and goddamn if the characters aren't compelling with lots of twists and turns.

I'm in until the end.
This recommendation did NOT disappoint. Blew through 2 episodes with my wife last night and we are hooked. If American production companies will not give me content like this free from some kind of political lense with such an insanely high degree of polish, then I guess I'll be consuming a lot more Korean content. Show is great so far.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:44 PM 10-28-2021
These are the next two new shows that I am 1000% not going to miss...

Always loved Cowboy Bebop and that looks ****īng nuts in the best possible way, but this next trailer is the big one for me...

That show could really be everything that Game of Thrones was for its first 5 years, if it's done well. Although I think the book series is too long to ever finish on TV. But The Eye of the World is a fantastic book that should make for some great viewing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:12 PM 10-28-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This recommendation did NOT disappoint. Blew through 2 episodes with my wife last night and we are hooked. If American production companies will not give me content like this free from some kind of political lense with such an insanely high degree of polish, then I guess I'll be consuming a lot more Korean content. Show is great so far.
Yeah, I was super impressed with the production values. Acting, choreography, sets, and there are some really wide shots that cost money. There was one pretty significant continuity error, and there is some superhero type toughness in there, but other than that it was pretty great. By the time it all shook out, the twists were all out and I wanted to see how it played out. Sign of a good show.

Definitely takes you for a ride.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 172
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up