ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 171
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:03 PM 08-30-2021
In general I find broadcast TV to be eye and brain cancer, especially reality TV, but god damn I am hooked on Lego Masters.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:06 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Watched a recently added Netflix show, The Defeated, and really enjoyed it. It’s set in post WWII occupied Berlin about a NYC detective that goes over there to help out with all of the crime.
One episode in and I'm struggling a bit with this one. Love the idea of the story but Riggins with a NYC accent is killing me. I'm going to try and stick with it though.
[Reply]
sully1983 03:14 PM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
One episode in and I'm struggling a bit with this one. Love the idea of the story but Riggins with a NYC accent is killing me. I'm going to try and stick with it though.
lol yeah bless him for trying but Taylor Kitsch's NY accent is really bad in this. I'll still watch the rest of the series though.

Speaking of Taylor Kitsch, I thought he did a superb job in that Waco mini series. He had an uncanny resemblance to the cult leader (even sounded just like him too)
[Reply]
unlurking 04:43 PM 09-01-2021
Doom Patrol S3 drops this month. Loved the first 2.

[Reply]
Nickhead 03:11 AM 09-02-2021
that's it, i am throwing in the towel.

i tried watching 'Blindspot'. i am into episode 3 of apparently a five season show of 23 episodes each, and i can already tell it is an utter piece of shit.

:-)
[Reply]
Williskey 03:50 AM 09-02-2021
Treme is a great show that didnt get a lot of love.
[Reply]
cj2wr 12:46 PM 09-03-2021
Didn’t want to start a new thread but Band of Brothers is doing a Podcast for the 20 year anniversary and it looks like it’s going to be really good. Looking forward to it!
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:06 AM 09-04-2021
Not a series but a pretty fun watch is Untold: Crime & Penalties on Neflix.

Its the story of the "real life Tony Soprano" who buys a United Hockey League team for his then 17 year old son so he can use it to launder money from his mob tied trash business.

The 17 year old kid acts as GM and constructs the Dansbury Trashers based on his love for The Mighty Ducks movie and WWE wrestling. The team is a shit show of ex-cons and brawlers who wreak havoc on the league but wind up endeared by the entire community with their brand of hockey.

Recommended to mindlessly kill off an hour and a half of your life.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:00 AM 09-04-2021
Happy! That show is fucking bonkers, but really good.
[Reply]
meleknistra 01:33 PM 09-05-2021
Just started to watch Narcos. Not bad, not bad...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:22 AM 09-07-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Happy! That show is fucking bonkers, but really good.
First season was amazing. I never finished the second season.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:32 AM 09-07-2021
Wellington Paranormal on HBO is pretty ridiculous...it's made in New Zealand.

It's like the absurdity of the Office put in scenarios of the X-files....it's totally retarded....in a good way. I've laughed out loud more times from this show than any in recent memory.

You'll need to used close captions as the accents are strong...
[Reply]
meleknistra 11:55 AM 09-11-2021
The Handmaid's tale
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:19 PM 09-14-2021
Don’t know why I waited so damn long to start watching Fargo, but damn it’s fire!! Season 1 was really good. We’re almost done with season 2 and holy shit. Idk if they’ll be able to outdo this season. Probably my favorite character is Mike Milligan. That guy is so fucking calm, and smooth.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:36 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Don’t know why I waited so damn long to start watching Fargo, but damn it’s fire!! Season 1 was really good. We’re almost done with season 2 and holy shit. Idk if they’ll be able to outdo this season. Probably my favorite character is Mike Milligan. That guy is so ****ing calm, and smooth.
Season one was great then it loses it's burst...
[Reply]
Page 85 of 171
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Up