ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 171
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
SAGA45 06:47 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Watched Season 4 of Bosch. I have to say again how much I like this show.

I'm not into police procedurals and I'm not a fan of Titus Welliver but this show is ****ing good. Both on the cop side and the Titus Welliver performance.

It really got to me

Spoiler!

The one thing that was kind of WTFish was

Spoiler!
Agreed

Spoiler!

also,

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Easy 6 07:05 PM 04-23-2018
Its time to get onboard with The Terror, much like Sons of Anarchy... its as good as you'll get on regular cable
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:41 PM 04-23-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Agreed

Spoiler!

also,

Spoiler!
There is still a lot of places to go. Hopefully there is a season 5
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:17 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Watched Season 4 of Bosch. I have to say again how much I like this show.

I'm not into police procedurals and I'm not a fan of Titus Welliver but this show is ****ing good. Both on the cop side and the Titus Welliver performance.
We loved the first 3 seasons, and happily zipped through S4 in a handful of days. Still great. :-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:27 AM 05-28-2018

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:39 AM 05-28-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Created by Taylor Sheridan - say no more!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:35 AM 05-29-2018
Babylon Berlin streaming on Netflix is getting 5 star reviews which is well deserved. It is a German production that is dubbed over in English which works well enough. Story is fantastic. You'll learn a lot about the Weimar Republic if you look things up, and you'll learn that the Nazis didn't just pop-out-of-nowhere but were the result of, not just chaos but desires but happens when other plotters plan to overthrow the new republic and return the Kaiser to power. This alone with the communist unrest mixed in.
https://www.vogue.com/article/babylo...netflix-review

The 16-part German period drama Babylon Berlin, which starts streaming on Netflix today, is lavish, epic, dizzyingly complex, and (through the four episodes sent to me early) as satisfying as anything I’ve seen in months....

It’s also similarly expensive. One of the immediate pleasures of this sprawling crime story set in 1929 Weimar Republic Berlin—which is full of unknown-to-me, hugely talented German actors and has as thickly braided a plot as a Tolstoy novel—is the millions thrown at the screen (it’s reportedly the most expensive German-language show ever made).

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:58 AM 05-29-2018
Is anyone watching Patrick Melrose?

Simultaneously better and worse than I hoped/expected.

Worse, because even in the 5-hour format, there simply isn't time for all the signature prose from the source to play out.
Better, because it seems to be rounding into a truly innovative take on the usual tales of wealth and addiction and depravity. This is because BC plays him as someone legitimately traumatized and legitimately trying to better himself.

The [truly] depraved are juuuust a little more depraved, and the idiots juuuuuust a little more idiotic, and the journey juuuust a little more plausible, because, even though the intoxication scenes are dramatic, the milieu is played with restraint. The horror and tension of his childhood is palpable, although almost entirely unspoken or unremarked-upon.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:04 PM 05-29-2018
Just finished 1st season of Rain on Netflix. Very enjoyable.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:34 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Just finished 1st season of Rain on Netflix. Very enjoyable.
Thank you - noted.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:36 PM 05-29-2018
not being nit picky but you DO mean The Rain, right?
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:58 AM 05-30-2018
Enjoying The Handmaid's Tale. What a crazy scenario but somehow believable and unsettling. Brutal at times.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:05 PM 05-30-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Enjoying The Handmaid's Tale. What a crazy scenario but somehow believable and unsettling. Brutal at times.
One of my sisters likes that one. I just don't get Hulu.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:10 PM 05-30-2018
BTW, I forgot to say Babylon Berlin is a crime drama—mafia-like types, drug running, weapons running thriller in a historical period. So it has plotting Bolsheviks, plotting Monarchists who want to return the Kaiser to power, current Social Democrat govt, corrupt cops, flappers, transvestites and gays which were normalized during that era of debauchery and I reckon eventually Nazi's will enter. It starts around 1928/29.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:02 AM 06-04-2018
Gavin & Stacey

It's a cross between 'the office' and 'arrested development'. it's actually not a new series at all.

I don't have all night to describe all the nuances, just check it out if you feel like it...

fuggin' hell... it's even funnier when i rewatch the teasers after watching the show for the first time :-)
[Reply]
Page 42 of 171
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up