ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Media Center>The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen
BWillie 09:35 AM 03-10-2024
I would like to know why I hate Star Wars but I love Dune? People say that Star Wars was inspired by the Dune book.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:42 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I would like to know why I hate Star Wars but I love Dune? People say that Star Wars was inspired by the Dune book.
Because you were exposed to Stars Wars people like Clay your whole life but there wasn't a Dune subculture?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:46 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Because you were exposed to Stars Wars people like Clay your whole life but there wasn't a Dune subculture?
You know that definitely could be it I guess. The special effects I feel like were not good enough to make a movie like the original Star Wars so it just looked and felt way, way too corny for me.

I imagine if I watched 1984 Dune it would be super duper cheese.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:50 AM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
You know that definitely could be it I guess. The special effects I feel like were not good enough to make a movie like the original Star Wars so it just looked and felt way, way too corny for me.

I imagine if I watched 1984 Dune it would be super duper cheese.
I'm sure it sucks. Trying to create great Sci-Fi without the processing power we have this century is a tall task.

Oh look, their ship is just hurdling thru space right now!!

*shakes shoebox spray painted silver with strobe lights in the background*

1977 crowds:

[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:13 PM 03-10-2024
"Dune 2(IMAX)": an audiovisual spectacle the likes of which not seen since "1917", featuring an uncompelling pair of leads and a forgettable script
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:29 PM 03-15-2024
Wow. Fucking incredible.

I do wish we had gotten the poison blade sequence at the end, but DV actually made me believe he was going to kill Paul.

And just an incredible transition from Paul Atreides to Usul after the Water of Life sequence. Chamalet nailed it. The whole sequence with the Fremen council was spellbinding.

Only two criticisms:

Kinda wish we had gotten music when the giant sandworm breached during the mounting sequence, and the rest of the fremen climbing on board. I still prefer the '84 sequence.

Walken kinda sucked. I felt that role was miscast.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 03-15-2024
Re: Chani

I get why people don't like it, but I think it was played to great dramatic effect.

It will make their uniting again in Messiah that much stronger.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:28 AM 03-17-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

I get why people don't like it, but I think it was played to great dramatic effect.

Hey asshole. Put that shit in spoiler
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 03-21-2024

Oh no.

They Strong Womaned her, didn't they?

I mean damn, she wasn't some wilting daisy in the books. But yeah, I can probably guess what happened here - Didn't like him marrying Irulan and wasn't gonna be some Royal Consort so she peaced out.

I mean that was exactly what Jessica was and she's one of the strongest female characters in modern literary history but nope - can't have that in a modern blockbuster....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:15 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh no.

They Strong Womaned her, didn't they?

I mean damn, she wasn't some wilting daisy in the books. But yeah, I can probably guess what happened here - Didn't like him marrying Irulan and wasn't gonna be some Royal Consort so she peaced out.

I mean that was exactly what Jessica was and she's one of the strongest female characters in modern literary history but nope - can't have that in a modern blockbuster....
Nah it isn't that bad. Like it's not Rey level problems.

I'm interested to see where her character goes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:50 PM 03-16-2024
stop complaining fraz

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:17 PM 03-19-2024
so Kathleen Turner did Jessica's "voice"? fucking badass

[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 AM 03-23-2024
so Kathleen Turner did Jessica's "voice"? fucking badass

I crush so hard on this woman.

If you have never watched the movie Dr. Sleep, I implore you to go do so now. Rebecca Ferguson is amazing. And hot as fuck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:21 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I crush so hard on this woman.

If you have never watched the movie Dr. Sleep, I implore you to go do so now. Rebecca Ferguson is amazing. And hot as fuck.
Massive tits. Underrated bombshell.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:34 PM 03-26-2024
Welp, saw this tonight.

I need to settle down a bit and gather my thoughts before I make my final determination because I’m a little pissed right now.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up