ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk WRs
jonzie04 11:17 PM 12-04-2014
Originally Posted by Saccopoo:
I've already stated that I don't think he'd be as good in this system as his talent on the college level suggests.

He doesn't come off the line quickly (more of a strider once he hits 10 yards or so) and isn't really crisp on his breaks.

I believe I've already stated it somewhere else, but he reminds me a ton of former Boise State wide receiver Austin Pettis.
those were both points they hit on. they didnt like his short choppy steps he takes getting of the LOS. they think he does a poor job at selling going deep on short and intermediate routes by breaking down too early, and slowing down before his breaks. they also compared him to marquise lee in that he is never the aggressor while running routes, and always lets the db make first contact. they dont believe he is afraid of contact like lee though, because he will lower his head as a ball carrier.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:24 PM 12-08-2014
I havent spent the time watching prospects yet, as I find it to be easier when the season's done, then I check out the guys as they are ranked.

As a K-State fan, Im a super homer for Tyler Lockett. How does he project at the next level? If I try set my bias aside, I can understand that he's smaller than many of the elite WR's in the league, and while he does seem to be dinged up often, he pushes through and gets back on the field. I'm not sure he'll be able to do that with an NFL schedule and NFL sized hits from NFL sized players.

However, he is an ELITE route runner, and has shown the ability to make the amazing catch seemingly once or twice per game. Rarely does he drop a ball, but the most memorable was in the big Auburn game this year.

What round does he project to go in? What system will he be a fit for? Will he washout, be JAG, or blow up?
[Reply]
mszymko 10:04 AM 12-09-2014
Just read the Percy Harvin might be available in the offseason as Jets move into rebuilding mode.

Current contract is pricey, but he and Bowe would be a nice duo.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:17 PM 12-12-2014
Phillip Dorsett from Da U should be tops on our board.

He'll run in the 4.3's, has elite quickness, is 5"10 with 195 lbs. This guy is very similar to Randall Cobb.

Imagine double-dipping and taking Dorsett early and WR like Levi Norwood, Tyler Lockett or Antwan Goodley with our 3rd rd comp pick.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:19 PM 12-12-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Phillip Dorsett from Da U should be tops on our board.

He'll run in the 4.3's, has elite quickness, is 5"10 with 195 lbs. This guy is very similar to Randall Cobb.

Imagine double-dipping and taking Dorsett early and WR like Levi Norwood, Tyler Lockett or Antwan Goodley with our 3rd rd comp pick.
I'd take a shot on Davaris Daniels in the 4th round if he decides to come out.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:44 PM 12-12-2014
"Phillip Dorsett missed five games last season with a partially torn medial collateral ligament in his left knee – not to mention a pulled left quadriceps just before the Russell Athletic Bowl.

But man, can this Miami Hurricane fly.

This month, Dorsett set a University of Miami all-time best of 4.21 seconds in the 40-yard dash, bettering former Hurricane Sam Shields’ 4.26 record.

Both those times, said UM Canes strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey, were averages of a few stopwatches timing the players for each 40.

Related

One stopwatch, Swasey said, had Dorsett running a 4.18.

“He’s definitely explosive,” Swasey said Friday of the senior, who graduated from Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas High and has caught 85 passes for 1,261 yards and seven touchdowns in 32 games. “Dorsett has gotten so much faster. It’s amazing what he has done.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/co...#storylink=cpy

He's not some scrawny stick like DAT, Dante Hall, Tavon Austin or DMC. This guy is 195 lbs with good muscle. And he's a very good blocker.

[Reply]
OldSchool 09:29 PM 12-12-2014
I really like Dorsett as well, but not until the 3rd round.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:50 AM 12-13-2014
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
I really like Dorsett as well, but not until the 3rd round.
With the frame and speed he has, I think that alone would move him up to round 2.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:30 PM 12-15-2014
Phillip Dorsett and Tyler Lockett. Get both these guys on the team and we are in good shape.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:40 PM 12-15-2014

[Reply]
OldSchool 05:20 PM 12-15-2014
Dorsett has easy speed like Desean Jackson. He'll probably go in a similar spot in the draft.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:54 PM 12-15-2014
People keep saying "Chiefs need to draft a WR round 1" but the type of WR we need just isn't there.

Cooper and White will be gone and what's left isn't what we need. We don't need Bowe types in Jalean Strong and Devin Funchess. We need a Paul Richardson type with wheels.

Honestly there will be so many of these type of WR's available rd 2 I can't see how we don't take one then.
Algholor, Greene, Lockett, Dorsett, Diggs, Goodley, Hardy (I think he'll run a good time).

I want us to take 2 of these guys.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:57 PM 12-15-2014
Originally Posted by RunKC:
People keep saying "Chiefs need to draft a WR round 1" but the type of WR we need just isn't there.

Cooper and White will be gone and what's left isn't what we need. We don't need Bowe types in Jalean Strong and Devin Funchess. We need a Paul Richardson type with wheels.

Honestly there will be so many of these type of WR's available rd 2 I can't see how we don't take one then.
Algholor, Greene, Lockett, Dorsett, Diggs, Goodley, Hardy (I think he'll run a good time).

I want us to take 2 of these guys.

You do have a point. I still wouldn't be upset with Strong or Parker in rd 1.

So WR in rd 2 works.. People will roll their eyes, but if WR in rd 2, then I wouldn't at all mind a versatile OL in rd 1. Maybe a prospect like TJ Clemmings, La'el Collins, or Cedric Ogbuehi to boost the talent at RT and/or LG.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 PM 12-15-2014
I'd take green Beckham if he were there in the 2nd
[Reply]
OldSchool 03:39 AM 12-16-2014
Watching Funchess play makes me feel like puking. He's as soft as you can get for a guy his size and has really inconsistent hands as well.

I actually think that Strong would help a lot as another stick mover and a dependable red zone target. I would have zero problems with drafting him in the first and getting a guy like Lockett or Dorsett later in the draft.

I feel like Dorsey is going to fall in love with a guy like Sammie Coates though due to his measurables; that worries me because Coates is about as far as you can get from a natural receiver/pass catcher in this draft. I feel like he has a little too much DHB in him.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up