ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 3903
« First < 199249289295296297298299 3003013023033093493997991299 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
bricks 10:10 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
There are finite resources both to make and to make the vaccine from. I agree it is too long but it is what it is. There are reasons they are talking about 18 month cycle and hoping it is seasonal which is looking less likely with the continuing outbreak in warmer climates.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah thats another crazy thing about this virus on how it seems to be heat resistant. Im surprised because I would think most bacteria and/or viruses have tendency to die under hot temperatures or conditions. Not this guy.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:11 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
:-):-):-):-):-)

How many elderly live in Italy again ??
Yeah so the fact that you arent in the at risk age group who cares right? That's the attitude!
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:11 PM 03-15-2020
Did you read the name of this thread?

Sure did. And you can't have it both ways either. Especially when we have particular corrupt institutions ruddering the ship causing a lot of this way overreaction without the stats to support such action BUT I get all of this overreaction because it is done more to CYA than actual panic IMHO due to our society being such a litigious society now(sue at the drop of a hat). And this is what happens in a society when there is a lack of trust in the reporting outlets not giving this a proper context.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:13 PM 03-15-2020
It already has my friend. :-)
I would've thought this was a virus the Pestilence and Plague crowd could get behind.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:13 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
There is a measured way to deal with this... micro-target the containment and mitigation strategies to minimize disruption to business/society.

People in high risk groups should individually social distance (this is a regular best practice when people have compromised immune systems such as cancer patients going through chemotherapy).

Also as is done with the flu and food borne outbreaks, target mitigation actions towards specific locations that are experiencing a surge of cases (i.e. you don’t close every restaurant in a state or a city if you can target a norovirus food borne outbreak to a specific restaurant).
We are not able to test enough people to have any idea where the hot spots are or even how many cases we have.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:13 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by bricks:
Yeah thats another crazy thing about this virus on how it seems to be heat resistant. Im surprised because I would think most bacteria and/or viruses have tendency to die under hot temperatures or conditions. Not this guy.
Just think if mosquitos could carry it....
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:17 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Yeah so the fact that you arent in the at risk age group who cares right? That's the attitude!
Wrong again. I am at risk according to age. I just take good care of myself keeping my immune system bolstered at all times as best I can.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:25 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Hopefully all your praying will be enough to save us all instead.
That's funny I bet you are in much better shape than him and I know you have a family. For anyone to call you lazy because you are concerned about your way of providing for your family is just so internet.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 PM 03-15-2020
Wrong again. I am at risk according to age. I just take good care of myself keeping my immune system bolstered at all times as best I can.
Also, make sure you pray alot.
[Reply]
srvy 10:31 PM 03-15-2020
The government has said they are going to pay for 2 weeks of sick time.

What about service workers who get paid less than minimum wage and rely on tips? They cannot make up for that.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 10:37 PM 03-15-2020

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:38 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
We are not able to test enough people to have any idea where the hot spots are or even how many cases we have.
Wouldn't more people be dying in said hotspots... whether tested or not?
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:38 PM 03-15-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Sucks if you had a wedding planned. Even average sized weddings and receptions will no longer be allowed with a 50 person limit.
Don’t forget funerals
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:41 PM 03-15-2020

How many elderly live in Italy again ??
23% of Italians are over 65. For the US it is 15%.

And the Italian health care system has collapsed in the sense they are doing triage to decide which patients to turn their backs on.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:42 PM 03-15-2020
Well best of luck to ya if heaven forbid you lose your health. Pretty smug attitude.
[Reply]
Page 299 of 3903
« First < 199249289295296297298299 3003013023033093493997991299 > Last »
Up