ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Nzoner's Game Room>EB getting passed again....
F150 11:11 AM 01-27-2022
I just can't figure this shit out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:37 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I said this before. At first I thought he was absolutely going to be a HC in the NFL.

But, I have listened to every interview, and he just does not talk or answer questions, or give info like a HC.

I know, what's a HC sound like, anyway? Right? But, there are people you listen to, like in their introductory interview, and you say to yourself, now that's a HC, or you say WTF, how did this guy get hired.

Did anyone think Fangio was going to be good after hearing him speak? How about Gase. Or Todd Haley? Or Romeo Crennel? I certainly didn't.

But, when I heard Andy Reid, Jon Gruden (yes, I'm old) Marty, Tom Coughlin, Sean Payton, etc. I knew they sounded like head coaches.

The only exception that I have ever listened to is Tony Dungy. When he was introduced for the Bucs, I thought he sounded more like milk or toast than an NFL head coach. Oops. I was wrong on that one.

EB obviously interviews terribly. Also, while I am sure he knows lots of Xs & Os, he seems like more of a rah rah guy than someone who could lead an entire organization.

However, with all that said, he is definitely worth a shot over some of the people recently hired. Like Urban Meyer, the old dude the Texans hired, or Adam Gase getting a second shot from the Jets after failing at their division rivals in Miami.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Look, I love Andy Reid, but the guy isn't exactly Cicero in front of a microphone.

*cough* *fart* *cough* "Okay, look, this team.... the uhh.... Cinicinnati Bengals... they're pretty good. We're doing great in practice.... no injuries.... Mahomes is a pretty cerebral guy...." *cough* *big fart* ....... so ...... "time's yers"
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:51 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
So, EB doesn't call plays right? I mean, when he was rumored to go to Denver, many on here were like "fine, see ya - you don't call plays, we have Mahomes".

Now, it's like "why is he not getting a HC offer? Fine, we'll keep going to the playoffs with him."

Is KC really going to the playoffs for anything that EB is doing? My guess is that you could roll out almost any OC that isn't the play caller and not miss a beat as long as Mahomes is back there and Reid calls the shots.
Andy Reid is a hall of fame coach. He isn’t promoting a RBs coach to OC and keeping him around for a few years knowing he does nothing. They asked mecole specifically about what EB does. He said he was a huge reason they pulled off the 13 second miracle because he drills fundamentals over and over again until the team gets bored. Rex Ryan and Orlovsky were gushing over how disciplined the chiefs were. We had multiple players specifically watching for players to be down to call a timeout. Again, I don’t know if he’s head coach material, but that’s bs that just anyone can do his job.

If you think that isn’t a big deal, look at the Steelers blowing their playoffs because one of their players celebrated a first down during a two minute drill. Or dak being too dumb to do something as simple as handing the ball to the ref so he can clock it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:03 AM 01-28-2022
Here’s mecoles comments on bieniemy. He isn’t just a rah rah guy. People seem to say the opposite that if anything maybe he’s too tough. By the way, some words from Patrick himself. Including an honest assessment of playcalling. Reid calls plays but bieniemy is very active in the process.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/28/pa...oaching-search

And then there’s mecoles words below….

“It’s like a baby, when you have to change a baby’s diaper every day ,and it’s the type of things where you’re like, ‘Man, I’m tired of doing this. When can they get older and be potty trained?’” Hardman described. “Nah but EB does it because he knows those kind of situations are going to come up. I think he hounded it on us so much that it’s like second nature to us — so when we get in those situations, it’s nothing new to us.”
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:24 AM 01-28-2022
Brandon Staley sure does talk pretty. I'm sure he makes amazing powerpoint presentations, too.

That's the guy we want. A glorified NCAA Division 3 defensive coordinator with zero head coaching experience ever.

Eric Bieniemy? Doesn't sound like a head coach! Doesn't interview well. Fuck that guy!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:33 AM 01-28-2022
Needs moar kneecap biting
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:38 AM 01-28-2022
Andy calls the plays in KC not EB and thats why no interest in him.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:43 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
he's telling people he doesn't want to coach anyone other than mahomes :-)

“Eric, if hired, what would be your plan to improve our franchise?”

“Step 1, trade for Patrick Mahomes. Step 2 —“

“Uh, thanks for coming in, Eric. Good luck in the future.”
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:44 AM 01-28-2022
Wear elevator shoes?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:51 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Brandon Staley sure does talk pretty. I'm sure he makes amazing powerpoint presentations, too.

That's the guy we want. A glorified NCAA Division 3 defensive coordinator with zero head coaching experience ever.

Eric Bieniemy? Doesn't sound like a head coach! Doesn't interview well. **** that guy!
I wonder if a lot of this is due to an unhealthy obsession with analytics. I kinda get it. You can’t have Patrick mahomes so why not find a coach who can win with Jimmy g or jared Goff. Shanahan and harbaugh have had success with it. Guys like stefanski and Staley were hired specifically due to analytics. But you just wonder if analytics and scheme are too much a focus these days. then you see teams like Houston and Cleveland that want direct lines to the coach’s mic and you wonder if it’s gone way too far. Much as we may joke about Dan Campbell because he acts like a caveman, gotta give him one thing. The lions would run through 2 brick walls for him even at the end of a miserable season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:45 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
But he still got a chance whilst EB hasn't.
He was hired as the interim head coach and then retained for 2 years. He really didn't go through the whole process from scratch like EB has to.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:14 AM 01-28-2022
So, EB doesn't call plays right? I mean, when he was rumored to go to Denver, many on here were like "fine, see ya - you don't call plays, we have Mahomes".

Now, it's like "why is he not getting a HC offer? Fine, we'll keep going to the playoffs with him."

Is KC really going to the playoffs for anything that EB is doing? My guess is that you could roll out almost any OC that isn't the play caller and not miss a beat as long as Mahomes is back there and Reid calls the shots.
As if that's ever mattered before. The NFL is littered with HC's that have never called plays.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:43 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
As if that's ever mattered before. The NFL is littered with HC's that have never called plays.

I'm not sold on EB as a coordinator, but there are tons of great coordinators that make lousy HC's.

I view EB as a leader of men. Players like him, yet he's not a "player's coach".

He has their respect, yet demands accountability.

They key for EB when he gets a HC job (and this goes for pretty much any unproven coach), is having a great GM and having excellent staff, including coordinators.
[Reply]
jettio 11:06 AM 01-28-2022
I think the Vikings hire EB as HC if new GM has confidence in the staff that EB can line up.

Team morale seemed really low under Zimmer.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I think the Vikings hire EB as HC if new GM has confidence in the staff that EB can line up.

Team morale seemed really low under Zimmer.
Zimmer is a tough guy to get along with, too tough most of the time. It really wears thin when the team isn't winning. I'm honestly surprised he lasted as long as he did.
[Reply]
Spott 11:12 AM 01-28-2022

We could probably go back to Doug Pederson or Matt Nagy or promote Kafka to OC and the offense would probably look the same.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up