ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Cox suckers just raised my cable-internet bill 23%
scho63 09:37 AM 07-19-2022
I was expecting a raise but not nearly 25%. My car insurance just went up about $32 too

Time to change my auto but I'm hostage to Cox in my community. Fucking thieves.

My electric actually went DOWN since they fixed my A/C by about $20-40.

I hate inflation! :-)

Anyone else getting gut punched?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 06:37 PM 07-19-2022
Interesting. They just sent me some free shit I didn't ask for. Thanks schlo!
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:58 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Open Air TV antennas for local TV. It's worth researching out and absolutely free after inital install. Picture is better and it is live instead of delayed by streaming.

I would recommend these. I use the outdoor because I am so far away from the cities where the signal comes from. You can put outdoor antennas in your attic as well if you don't want it outside.

https://www.channelmaster.com/collections/tv-antennas
Yeah, the antenna was the only way to watch Chiefs games for us for a couple years during the Dish/CBS fiasco. Even ended up with an antenna DVR system.

It almost feels light stealing, not having to pay for it. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:06 PM 07-19-2022
spectrum just sent me an offer where i get "$30 off my bill every month" due to some local government program....anyone have this? worth it just for internet?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:26 PM 07-19-2022
Cox here at 500 Mbps for $69.99. I have to call in every year and tell them I can't afford it.

Play their game.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:48 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
spectrum just sent me an offer where i get "$30 off my bill every month" due to some local government program....anyone have this? worth it just for internet?
Yeah they offer that in all section 8 housing
[Reply]
fan4ever 09:26 PM 07-19-2022
Paying $235 a month Scho...they're scum and the second I can dump them for a viable alternative I'm there. Never a more aptly named company.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:54 PM 07-19-2022
is what it is

chose to not be ass raped and disconnect
[Reply]
Coogs 09:54 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, the antenna was the only way to watch Chiefs games for us for a couple years during the Dish/CBS fiasco. Even ended up with an antenna DVR system.

It almost feels light stealing, not having to pay for it. :-)
Best quality picture going. Unfortunately I think most people associate open air antennas and the 3 channel “snow” reception of the 1960’s and 70’s as to what you will get in 2022. Bad mistake!

If you live near a city, one of these two will probably be all you need.

https://www.channelmaster.com/collec...or-tv-antennas
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:16 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Yeah they offer that in all section 8 housing
:-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:17 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Paying $235 a month Scho...they're scum and the second I can dump them for a viable alternative I'm there. Never a more aptly named company.
Holy shit man! If you don't mind me asking, what do you get for that?
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:03 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Best quality picture going. Unfortunately I think most people associate open air antennas and the 3 channel “snow” reception of the 1960’s and 70’s as to what you will get in 2022. Bad mistake!

If you live near a city, one of these two will probably be all you need.

https://www.channelmaster.com/collec...or-tv-antennas
Good for you. How many stations are you receiving?

We are 50 miles from the city but still get over a dozen stations with our two antennas in the attic.

Of course, like most, having the option of at least a few hundred stations is a necessity now.
Since we received the new system from CenturyLink ($50 a month) we have incredible service for Netflix, Prime, Paramount and HBO streaming. Seldom watch anything on Dish.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:36 AM 07-20-2022
I get around 35. And I don’t watch many of them. We stream nearly everything, or watch Netflix quite a bit.

But the ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX reception is second to none. I watch nearly all of the live sporting events on the OTA.

And that is what the OP was asking about in another post. How to get local channels.
[Reply]
lcarus 07:13 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Screw that. Just pay the $5 a month for CBS All Access. If you're in the local Chiefs market you'll get all their games.

Hell, im in San Diego and still get most of their games.
That's a good option but I have an HD antenna that I got from Walmart for 25 bucks. Gets all the local channels in HD plus a whole slew of other channels that I didn't even know about. It's been a lifesaver for the rare times my internet is acting up.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:50 AM 07-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
absolute bullshit since they want to charge you $95/mo plus fees like "FREE IN HOME WIFI!" for 500 Mbps service :-)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:14 AM 07-20-2022
I was formerly a Cox customer, paying $67/mo. for 50Mbps download, 3 up - Internet only.
I now use T-Mobile for $50/mo. for their 5G Internet service which varies on speed, but averages 200 Mbps down, 30 up
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up