ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 207
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:25 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
It probably involves a super cold freezer for deep freezing perishables. Still, once room temp bourbon hits ice melting begins. Cask strength liquor 120 proof and above will kill your liver if you drank it all the time. High-proof long-aged bourbon usually gets cut with a splash of water and it takes very little to bring the ABV down. Those spoons for water are like a half teaspoon to bring the alcohol down in a Glencairn glass. I would think your clear ice is melting that much.
Next time I'm there, I should totally monitor surface area of the ice cube over time while maybe asking for chilled tongs as to not disrupt the speed at which the cube is melting with my warm hands, then calculate the melt over time into teaspoons of water... :-)

via GIPHY

[Reply]
srvy 07:34 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Next time I'm there, I should totally monitor surface area of the ice cube over time while maybe asking for chilled tongs as to not disrupt the speed at which the cube is melting with my warm hands, then calculate the melt over time into teaspoons of water... :-)

via GIPHY

I suppose so or just drink it neat or a splash of water.
[Reply]
srvy 07:37 PM 04-15-2022
Maybe you are one of those iced coffee people also? Or refrigerate your bourbon I guess.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:21 PM 04-15-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Maybe you are one of those iced coffee people also? Or refrigerate your bourbon I guess.
I mean, I only drink cold brew coffee... :-)

Yeah, it's not a big deal... a low effort attempt at clear ice that lasts longer and looks a little cooler. I mean, so far my effort has been filling two ice cube molds and putting them in a cooler, then putting the cooler in a chest freezer. I probably won't get to the point of freezing an entire cooler of water, which I'm pretty sure is what a local bar does as I've seen them sawing blocks of ice behind the bar.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 PM 04-15-2022
And all this bourbon talk...

Cheers.

[Reply]
srvy 08:27 PM 04-15-2022
I mean, I only drink cold brew coffee... :-)

Yeah, it's not a big deal... a low effort attempt at clear ice that lasts longer and looks a little cooler. I mean, so far my effort has been filling two ice cube molds and putting them in a cooler, then putting the cooler in a chest freezer. I probably won't get to the point of freezing an entire cooler of water, which I'm pretty sure is what a local bar does as I've seen them sawing blocks of ice behind the bar.
I cant spare the freezer space honestly
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 04:48 PM 05-15-2022
Brother in law in Illinois this weekend filled me in on his recovery from heart surgery. Post surgery he cannot tolerate smoke, cant cook over BBQ grill, and bourbon taste is nasty. Being a decent guy, I took the two bottles of Blanton's Bourbon he didnt need anymore home

Be good to your ailing family members even if it means going out of your way to show Christian support.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:48 PM 05-17-2022
This stuff is goooooooood.

Pricey enough, but good. Horse Soldier Signature.

[Reply]
InvinciBill 12:04 PM 06-03-2022
Notable whiskeys distilled in the area are hitting shelves today in KC: the initial bottling of Ben Holladay (from Weston) and Rieger's Bottled in Bond Bourbon. Haven't tried either yet but I'm pumped about their existence.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:30 PM 06-03-2022
This was an expensive, but fucking fantastic pour... Distillery 291, Colorado Springs.

Thickness is usually more of a beer descriptor, but it's thick for a bourbon.... definitely some heat at first sip, but smoothed out wonderfully and couldn't tell it was barrel proof after it sat for a few minutes.

Retails for $110 and there aren't many bourbons I'm willing to go above ~$60-70 for, but it's very distinctive and IMO totally worth it... hadn't ever tried them, but will be looking for their flagship stuff.

[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 08:40 PM 06-06-2022
Deron Cherry's Bourbon and baseball auction.
https://casbid.com/info/deroncherry
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:21 AM 06-07-2022
This was an expensive, but ****ing fantastic pour... Distillery 291, Colorado Springs.

Thickness is usually more of a beer descriptor, but it's thick for a bourbon.... definitely some heat at first sip, but smoothed out wonderfully and couldn't tell it was barrel proof after it sat for a few minutes.

Retails for $110 and there aren't many bourbons I'm willing to go above ~$60-70 for, but it's very distinctive and IMO totally worth it... hadn't ever tried them, but will be looking for their flagship stuff.

Where did you pick it up? I haven't seen it locally yet (KC area)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:49 AM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Where did you pick it up? I haven't seen it locally yet (KC area)
You can buy directly from them online... https://distillery291.com/shop-award...rado-whiskeys/
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:47 PM 09-02-2022
Trying some low end shit- JTS Brown
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:32 AM 09-03-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Trying some low end shit- JTS Brown
OUTSTANDING! We all have our days when we need to let the liver know who's boss!
[Reply]
Page 189 of 207
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199 > Last »
Up