ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 183 of 207
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
O.city 07:08 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
He’s got way more connections than I could dream of.

Jealousy.
Be nice and my connections become your connections
[Reply]
O.city 07:13 PM 12-24-2021
Went to my father in laws boss to sample some of his collection. Holy shit, talk about a guy that’s got everything. He gave me a bottle of eh Taylor single barrel and a weller single barrel
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:00 PM 12-25-2021
Treated myself to a WhistlePig 12 that was then aged in an empty Revolution Brewing Deth's Tar barrel (stout aged 12 months in bourbon barrels).

[Reply]
shitgoose 03:15 PM 12-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Went to my father in laws boss to sample some of his collection. Holy shit, talk about a guy that’s got everything. He gave me a bottle of eh Taylor single barrel and a weller single barrel
Wow, that’s very generous considering those two bottles are pretty hard to come by. Would be interested in your thoughts about the Weller single barrel. It’s the only one I’ve never tried
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:38 AM 01-15-2022
Can anyone suggest a good liquor store that hasn't completely lost their minds in regards to prices? And that actually has a good bourbon selection?

Tried a couple of places up north on my way in yesterday, only found one place with Buffalo Trace and he was asking SIXTY FUCKING DOLLARS.

Gonna try Plaza today, but anywhere else I should try?
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:02 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Can anyone suggest a good liquor store that hasn't completely lost their minds in regards to prices? And that actually has a good bourbon selection?

Tried a couple of places up north on my way in yesterday, only found one place with Buffalo Trace and he was asking SIXTY FUCKING DOLLARS.

Gonna try Plaza today, but anywhere else I should try?
I was just looking the other day and besides Plaza Liquors, maybe Gomer's Midtown.... I noticed there's a Dix Liquors in Roeland Park that claims to have Weller in stock (so at least a chance of a good selection). I typically go to Lukas Liquors, but it would be a bit of a drive and I only remember them having a large selection, not necessarily a great selection (then again, I'm spoiled here :-) ).

There's also Bubbles in the Northland, I believe they had a decent selection... and Red X in Riverside (haven't been there in years though).
[Reply]
Pablo 09:06 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I was just looking the other day and besides Plaza Liquors, maybe Gomer's Midtown.... I noticed there's a Dix Liquors in Roeland Park that claims to have Weller in stock (so at least a chance of a good selection). I typically go to Lukas Liquors, but it would be a bit of a drive and I only remember them having a large selection, not necessarily a great selection (then again, I'm spoiled here :-) ).

There's also Bubbles in the Northland, I believe they had a decent selection... and Red X in Riverside (haven't been there in years though).
I'm a Northlander and these are the best options up here still IMO.

I've never been but there's a Mike's Wine and Spirits on Westport Rd that seems fairly busy and is in a good spot. Anybody know if that place carries a decent selection and/or prices?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:35 AM 01-15-2022
I’ve been to Lukas, Bubbles, Plaza, Gomers and Brookside Wine and Spirits.

Nada.

Looking like a New Riff Plaza Store pick for tomorrow, Gents.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:48 AM 01-15-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I’ve been to Lukas, Bubbles, Plaza, Gomers and Brookside Wine and Spirits.

Nada.

Looking like a New Riff Plaza Store pick for tomorrow,
Gents.
Damn... besides that Dix Liquors place in Roeland Park, there's also Village West way out by the Speedway, but of course would be better to call first.... I've never looked at their bourbon selection, only go there for craft beer.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 12:32 PM 01-15-2022
My sister does a LOT of her bourbon shopping at Costco. She picked up some Toki there over the holidays. I don't remember who her regular liquor store is.
[Reply]
srvy 01:27 PM 01-15-2022
The Price chopper and Hyvee liquor stores can surprise you with good selections up in the Northland. I can usually find something interesting at PC at Vivion and N Oak.

As mentioned Red X liquors are pretty well stocked. If Buff Trace is what you're after Sams Club usually has it also god forbid Wally World. Last I checked before Xmas Sams had it up to 35 bucks from 29. Good Luck!
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:48 PM 02-08-2022
Did a bourbon thing the other day, it was fun.

I've had all 4 separately and knew Basil Hayden Toasted didn't really belong.
The scores are more comparatively speaking. The interesting thing is I did a blind tasting between 1910 and EJ Toasted Barrel a while back and slightly preferred 1910, and those two were really the last two standing in terms of guessing which was which.

And I'm a sucker for EC Toasted Barrel and big barrel.

[Reply]
KsBubba 08:00 PM 02-08-2022
Pickney Bend has a good whiskey.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:24 PM 02-25-2022
To celebrate my son's successful surgery today, we decided (since we were at the store anyway) to get these two gems.

News at 11:00.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:50 PM 02-25-2022
Screw 11:00..

[Reply]
Page 183 of 207
« First < 83133173179180181182183 184185186187193 > Last »
Up