ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
BWillie 04:46 PM 03-23-2024
Resign Hunter. Tell KJ to go kick rocks

Find 3 people that can shoot 3s
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:51 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Resign Hunter. Tell KJ to go kick rocks

Find 3 people that can shoot 3s
KJ would be fine off the bench in an energy role.

Can’t be a starter. Bidunga and Dickinson.

Get Leipold in KJ’s ear about playing tight end.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:52 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Him and every other KU fan on the planet. Hope he’s got a plan to get shooting in.
That can't be real.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:54 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
That can't be real.
Real but a little out of context
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:29 PM 03-23-2024
I can tell you that if I was a scout I definitely wouldn’t be recommending a Furphy pick. Some of these scouts are idiots though.
Yeah. If he played more than a month at a high level he’d be gone. He played pretty bad outside that month. He’s nifty getting around the ball but he’s not the guy.

But I’m always wrong on the draft shit.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:33 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
That can't be real.
Oh, it’s real. Self is out of ****s to give about saying things with tact to the media at this point in his career. That was shown by how he framed the McCullar decision earlier in the week too.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:12 PM 03-23-2024
Oh, it’s real. Self is out of ****s to give about saying things with tact to the media at this point in his career. That was shown by how he framed the McCullar decision earlier in the week too.
So I went back and watched the entire exchange of "...already looking to next season..." There is a lot of context there that's gonna be lost on people. I'm guessing there's already several message boards out there a thousand comments deep already saying something to the effect of Bill quit on his team, or mailed it in. Those people are idiots, but I digress...

From what he said, I almost get more of a sense of regret that him and his staff didn't maybe try to rotate more guys in earlier in the season, but maybe I'm wrong. It was a funky season. Best to move on I think, and hope for things to improve next year.
[Reply]
TLO 07:21 PM 03-23-2024
Hell YES!
[Reply]
TLO 07:26 PM 03-23-2024

This is out of context. All he did was acknowledge something we all have been for awhile too, that we lacked depth and it needs to be fixed next year. pic.twitter.com/Fl9Gry1kQg

— MA�� �� (@maxinluvv) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 07:42 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
KJ would be fine off the bench in an energy role.

Can’t be a starter. Bidunga and Dickinson.

Get Leipold in KJ’s ear about playing tight end.
He really is playing the wrong sport. If he played TE for 3 or 4 years there is no doubt he would be a 4-star prospect at least.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:44 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He really is playing the wrong sport. If he played TE for 3 or 4 years there is no doubt he would be a 4-star prospect at least.
He’d have a chance of going to the NFL. That height, speed, and explosiveness is off the charts for a tight end. I’d bet Leipold could do something with that.

He has zero shot of ever playing in the NBA.
[Reply]
DJay23 08:02 PM 03-23-2024
Can anyone think of another example where Self has benched one of "his" guys for an incoming freshman, especially a 2 year starting senior?

I just don't see him sitting KJ. He trusts him and KJ plays his ass off. Self loves those guys. Morningstar, Releford, RussRob, for example.

I get the sentiment of bringing him off the bench, I just can't think of when Self has ever done something like that. As good as Bidunga may be, its hard for a freshman to crack the starting lineup for Self.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:28 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Whose fault is it we didn’t have depth? 3 point shooters? You are the best coach in college basketball. We won the tournament just two years ago. Self couldn't have recruited better shooters?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Can anyone think of another example where Self has benched one of "his" guys for an incoming freshman, especially a 2 year starting senior?

I just don't see him sitting KJ. He trusts him and KJ plays his ass off. Self loves those guys. Morningstar, Releford, RussRob, for example.

I get the sentiment of bringing him off the bench, I just can't think of when Self has ever done something like that. As good as Bidunga may be, its hard for a freshman to crack the starting lineup for Self.
He benched Landen Lucas as a senior in favor of Doke as a freshman
[Reply]
DJay23 09:52 PM 03-23-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He benched Landen Lucas as a senior in favor of Doke as a freshman
That's a good one, 16/17. Lucas began the first 6 games as starter. Then Doke started the next 6 before he got hurt.

Lagerald Vick was also benched his senior year, but he was replaced by Charlie Moore and it wasn't because the other guy was better, or a to have Vick come off the bench as an energy guy.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 16
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up