ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:03 AM 09-28-2022
We have to solidify the LT position to something at least somewhat acceptable, let's explore our options as Pats blind side is KEY to the offenses woes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 09-28-2022
That Colts gameplan looked like Andy not wanting to put a ton out there and thinking that they could get by with the bare minimum. And it would have worked if STs hadn't fucked it up entirely.
[Reply]
TEX 11:15 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by lcarus:
It's amazing how just getting rid of all that dead weight and complacency can revitalize a unit. Hitchens, Honey Badger, Dirty Dan, Okafor, Jarran Reed, Ben Neimann, Hughes. Even Charvarius Ward who wasn't a bad CB. Veach cleaned house and it looks nice.
Yep. Next he needs to do the same with the OL and get rid of the dead weight at both Tackle positions. Give Mahomes time to throw and see what happens. I'm hoping they can make some kind of adjustment now with guys on the roster. Doubt it happens at LT, but it should.
[Reply]
TEX 11:17 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That Colts gameplan looked like Andy not wanting to put a ton out there and thinking that they could get by with the bare minimum. And it would have worked if STs hadn't ****ed it up entirely.
Sure did. Shoot, it almost worked even with all the Special Teams **** ups. Enter one Chris Jones...:-)
[Reply]
-King- 11:33 AM 09-28-2022
I remember back when we could have 4 WR sets and didn't need a RB or TE2 in the game to chip or help the tackle.

Good times.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Sure did. Shoot, it almost worked even with all the Special Teams **** ups. Enter one Chris Jones...:-)
Jones made a boneheaded play. It fucking happens. This loss wasn’t on him or anyone on the defense. Play calling, the offensive line and special teams fucked this one up.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:19 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude I said it a few hours ago - that game on Sunday looked just like the team from last year. They've looked like this shit offense even WITH Tyreek Hill. I'm not here to argue about Hill - he's a generational player. Enough said.

But even with him, we had several games last year where teams locked him down and completely ratfucked our offense.

It's a little early in the season for this but I'm high as a kite and I've watched the All 22 like 6 times - the problem is Orlando Brown. It was Orlando Brown last year. Mahomes just isn't comfortable in the pocket, even when it's there.

Orlando Brown simply has to go after this season is over. Wish we could have gotten rid of him in the offseason now.
That you for saying that. I have felt that way for a while, but just didn't say it.

OBJ looks even worse on the all-22.

We absolutely cannot afford to pay him the money he wants. I don't know what the plan would be for replacing him at LT, but a JAG making $5-$9 million per year would not perform much worse than OBJ making $20+ million per year.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:37 AM 09-29-2022
Here's what it is...

1. The Oline isn't playing up to our high expectations, need to sure that up. Yes, a really solid RT would be great, but after that we might start looking at LT and wondering if there's a more solid option out there for the blindside as well. Not sure we're committed to paying OBJ big money yet. He's just not Trent Williams, who we really wanted, but hoping he can improve.

2. WR room is in flux, too many B or C level players and we can't find time for all of them. Vets are best fit for return duty, but we're giving that to Moore to get him some touches I guess. Next year I predict a more streamlined WR room, with clear rankings. Seems more likely we'd go DL in next year's draft so unlikely to pick a world beater imo.

3. RB room is a lot like the WR room, none are bad but nothing great has emerged yet. I'd trade the entire room for a stud RB like Saquan or Kamara.

4. DL isn't playing terrible, maybe a notch better than last year but still not putting you on the edge of your seat. Personally, I'd like to see us add Suh and we probably go EDGE in the 1st next year IMO.
[Reply]
JPH83 06:00 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Here's what it is...

1. The Oline isn't playing up to our high expectations, need to sure that up. Yes, a really solid RT would be great, but after that we might start looking at LT and wondering if there's a more solid option out there for the blindside as well. Not sure we're committed to paying OBJ big money yet. He's just not Trent Williams, who we really wanted, but hoping he can improve.

2. WR room is in flux, too many B or C level players and we can't find time for all of them. Vets are best fit for return duty, but we're giving that to Moore to get him some touches I guess. Next year I predict a more streamlined WR room, with clear rankings. Seems more likely we'd go DL in next year's draft so unlikely to pick a world beater imo.

3. RB room is a lot like the WR room, none are bad but nothing great has emerged yet. I'd trade the entire room for a stud RB like Saquan or Kamara.

4. DL isn't playing terrible, maybe a notch better than last year but still not putting you on the edge of your seat. Personally, I'd like to see us add Suh and we probably go EDGE in the 1st next year IMO.
As it stands I'd just forget drafting DL in the 1st. We have needs there for sure, it is a weakness still, but unfortunately the greater need is OTs and WRs. We'll see where we're at when the season ends but if it's roughly the same place we are now, first 2, maybe even 3, picks should be OT and WR
[Reply]
oldman 06:12 AM 09-29-2022
I'm hoping the new RT is already on the payroll. That might be Niang, PTW, or even Kinnard. The team obviously thinks they have something in all 3 or they would be gone. No way should we pay Brown the money he wants.
I don't think the WR or the RB room is bad as some people think. We have MVS for the next couple of years, Watson will probably cheap enough to retain, Moore really hasn't had a chance yet, and Ross is on IR. The RB group is a little less clear, but until we decide what we're going to do in the run game, it's hard to tell what we have. Are we a Martyball team, RPO, or what?
Sure we could use another edge guy, so could most of the teams in the NFL. I don't see exchanging Clark's boat anchor contract for another one as a wise choice.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:13 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Somone messed up and my bet is Hardman. Probably why Pat threw the ball expecting the pick.

Mahomes commented that on almost every play someone was in the wrong spot. I’ll chalk a lot of that on new WRs learning. Mecole is the one guy with little excuse. I’d like to see skyy get more snaps but if this is the issue, then it seems the guy who needs more snaps is Watson. For now we just need our guys to be in the right spots. May also be worth looking at what rojo has to offer. He may not be as talented as everyone in the RB room but at least he will decisively attack holes instead of dancing around them.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:13 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That Colts gameplan looked like Andy not wanting to put a ton out there and thinking that they could get by with the bare minimum. And it would have worked if STs hadn't fucked it up entirely.
I have a hard time accepting this; that Andy would dismiss another team so easily. I'm giving the other team credit for being prepared for the Chiefs and I'm placing the blame on our team for not being properly prepared.

Maybe Brown is injured worse than we thought.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:22 AM 09-29-2022
Again, if he's hurt THAT bad, sit him for a while and let him heal. Patrick's health is paramount.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:27 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
What sticks in my mind a little was the poor execution by Juju and Mahomes on the last play. Mahomes should not have thrown that ball.
It was Hardman, inexplicably cutting his route 2 yards short which fucked up the timing and allowed so many defenders to be where Mahomes was trying to go.

Ridiculous, especially, what, year fucking FOUR in this offense?
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
That you for saying that. I have felt that way for a while, but just didn't say it.

OBJ looks even worse on the all-22.

We absolutely cannot afford to pay him the money he wants. I don't know what the plan would be for replacing him at LT, but a JAG making $5-$9 million per year would not perform much worse than OBJ making $20+ million per year.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
I'd consider moving up in the draft to take the best LT available if that's what it took to never be in this situation again.

Originally Posted by TEX:
If the OL could block better, a lot of the stuff you mentioned gets cleaned up.
But they don't, at least pass blocking. They'd be a GREAT power running line...but that would take a coaching staff that isn't trying to force them to be the RPO-based pass blocking line that Reid & Co are stubbornly adamant about them being. The plays take too long to develop and the defenses are ready for them, they know the concepts now, the shit doesn't take anyone by surprise, it's like watching old people fuck.

Reid needs to (boot Bieniemy and) get back to more of the pure WCO that his roots are in. Get Mahomes out of the shotgun so much (those draws from the shotgun off the RPO that go nowhere...), get him under center, go 12 personnel (Kelce and Fortson, MVS and JuJu) to get the BEST players on the field, and run an actual pro style offense.

These defenses are susceptible to well-designed runs and seam routes the way they bracket the receivers deep. We have the personnel to take advantage of that.

Why the coaching staff refuses to see that and put the players in a position to take advantage of weaknesses in the defense is kind of a mystery to me on some levels.
[Reply]
oldman 06:28 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

Maybe Brown is injured worse than we thought.
Brown is injured?? What, his ego?
[Reply]
Page 37 of 38
« First < 273334353637 38 >
Up