ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:37 PM 09-27-2022
I don’t buy this WR’s aren’t getting open talk. Here’s Juju wide open. Nobody within 8 yards of him but Patrick misses him bc Wylie gets owned and Patrick bails bc he nearly gets sacked.

The timing and rhythm is off bc the OL got prison raped. Guarantee if the protection was better that’s a big gain.

via Imgflip

[Reply]
raybec 4 01:01 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
RONALD JONES

"In a so-far forgettable career, Jones had his most forgettable season — hitting career lows in all categories below. Additionally, he didn't improve his standing as a potential every-down option. Out of 97 running backs, he ranked 96th in pass block grade (12.4)."

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-foo...ee-agents-2022
Not the worst!
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:01 PM 09-27-2022
There's still obviously some disconnect between Mahomes and the WRs....and that was to be expected. What nobody was expecting was this offensive line to be shit. Part of that is Smith being injured. Part of that is OBJ and his struggles.
[Reply]
TEX 01:12 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I will say this. Not only am I ready to take Moore off of punt returns, I'm ready to take Pacheco off of kick returns too. He's not getting it done at all.
Exactly. Time for Hardman do both.
[Reply]
FringeNC 01:29 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The all-22 on this game is so brutal. I don’t even think it’s fair to our WR’s. There was very little time to develop plays.

Mahomes was moving to avoid pressure before routes could develop. ThTs how bad the OL was
The WRs aren't good, but Orlando Brown is the bigger issue.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:03 PM 09-27-2022
I miss Tyreek too. I realize he wanted more money than the Chiefs wanted to pay, but it sure doesn't look like we gained anything in this deal.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 02:27 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There's still obviously some disconnect between Mahomes and the WRs....and that was to be expected. What nobody was expecting was this offensive line to be shit. Part of that is Smith being injured. Part of that is OBJ and his struggles.
And the part of Andy fucking Heck’s suckage on leading these guys! Developing a bunch of softies who get get blown off the ball every short yardage run play. Second year with the same group and they’re getting worst. I’d rather have Mike Munchak or Tom Cable that are available then the hack we have now!
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
And the part of Andy fucking Heck’s suckage on leading these guys! Developing a bunch of softies who get get blown off the ball every short yardage run play. Second year with the same group and they’re getting worst. I’d rather have Mike Munchak or Tom Cable that are available then the hack we have now!
We run a finesse offense with several guys who are bad fits..
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:05 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t buy this WR’s aren’t getting open talk. Here’s Juju wide open. Nobody within 8 yards of him but Patrick misses him bc Wylie gets owned and Patrick bails bc he nearly gets sacked.

The timing and rhythm is off bc the OL got prison raped. Guarantee if the protection was better that’s a big gain.

via Imgflip

SOOO THIS. Thanks for taking the time to provide example.

Another Argument is IF WR's are not getting open it's because the defense is dropping many back and just sending 4 man pass rush.

Like many people say - "It all starts up front".

This Oline has been very over-rated. Every completition Mahomes makes, the Oline gets looked at as positive... but in reality when you see what magic Mahomes has to make in order to make completions..... yeah.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:07 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
SOOO THIS. Thanks for taking the time to provide example.

Another Argument is IF WR's are not getting open it's because the defense is dropping many back and just sending 4 man pass rush.

Like many people say - "It all starts up front".

This Oline has been very over-rated. Every completition Mahomes makes, the Oline gets looked at as positive... but in reality when you see what magic Mahomes has to make in order to make completions..... yeah.
The line would be great if it was 1988...

Having a LT that can't handle speed rushers is like having a car with no drive shaft.
[Reply]
Molitoth 03:07 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by LongSufferingToady:
I miss Tyreek too. I realize he wanted more money than the Chiefs wanted to pay, but it sure doesn't look like we gained anything in this deal.
Do you not realize that.... "fuck it Tyreek down there somewhere" STOPPED working in 2021 season?

Mahomes is eventually going to be a much better QB without relying on Tyreek.
Yet it will take the Oline not being turnstiles.
[Reply]
-King- 03:19 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wonder if they didn't see Gus Bradley, expect a lot more single high and envision this as a get right game for the passing game figuring it could be a spring board for the new WR corps.

So again - Hubris. They just appear to have looked past Indy.
Past year and a half, whenever they get looks they weren't prepared for, the whole offense goes to shit. Isn't EB the guy that makes up the game plan during the week? It's like he thinks a defense will stay the same every week and when they don't, he has no adjustments to it. So now every play becomes "let's see if it works" instead of a piece to a bigger puzzle.

There are games where defenses don't change and every play flows beautifully into the next like the Cardinals game, but the games where a defense adjusts, we just look awful and unprepared.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:19 PM 09-27-2022
If we still had Hill, it would be the 2021 version of Hill, which was a 11 ypc WR, because defenses were going to drop 7 on every play and absolutely not allow the explosive play.

Which makes Hill not worth that kind of money. Which is why we traded him.

Now, defenses are still doing that, and we need to make them pay, and a LOT of the blame goes to the OT position-BOTH of them, in my opinion-but some of that goes to Patrick too, as he really wants to get the yards in big chunks. He's going to have to learn to be more patient, and take the short stuff to open up the long stuff. The short stuff is often open, he just looks to the deep routes first and foremost.

And we need to be able to run the ball. There are some schematic issues as well as some individual and group execution issues that are making that not work.

It's still football, and the way it works in real life is still the same; just because you have Patrick Mahomes doesn't mean it's suddenly Madden.

That being said, he was a couple of inches off on the deep throw to Watson, which would've been 7. And Kelce dropped a TD. And the throw to MVS was just an offline throw, but MVS was in fact open, so if those three make-able plays happen, we're having entirely different conversations today.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If we still had Hill, it would be the 2021 version of Hill, which was a 11 ypc WR, because defenses were going to drop 7 on every play and absolutely not allow the explosive play.

Which makes Hill not worth that kind of money. Which is why we traded him.

Now, defenses are still doing that, and we need to make them pay, and a LOT of the blame goes to the OT position-BOTH of them, in my opinion-but some of that goes to Patrick too, as he really wants to get the yards in big chunks. He's going to have to learn to be more patient, and take the short stuff to open up the long stuff. The short stuff is often open, he just looks to the deep routes first and foremost.

And we need to be able to run the ball. There are some schematic issues as well as some individual and group execution issues that are making that not work.

It's still football, and the way it works in real life is still the same; just because you have Patrick Mahomes doesn't mean it's suddenly Madden.
But Hill can still beat drop coverages even underneath.

I'm not saying long-term we won't be better off for the approach we're attempting (though I'm not certain we will either; as I've said from the start, this is an experiment and a fascinating one at that).

But we WOULD be 3-0 right now if we had Tyreek Hill on the roster.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:29 PM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But we WOULD be 3-0 right now if we had Tyreek Hill on the roster.
I don’t think so. Again they dropped all 3 backers into the middle of the field, had cover 2/3 in the back and doubled them.

Doesn’t change the OL getting wrecked with 4 DL or is being horrific running the ball.

They would have doubled Kelce and Tyreek and still had 3 defenders covering the remaining 2 receivers.
[Reply]
Page 33 of 38
« First < 232930313233 34353637 > Last »
Up