ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 38
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:48 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - for some folks the answer will ALWAYS be "why didn't Andy run the ball more!??!"

Marty Vapours I guess.

And maybe it's a declarative statement more than a suggestion for some. But the bottom line is that this team really can't turn to the run game to fix any problems. They ain't good at it.

{coughcough} DitchtheRPOandOZscheme {coughcough}
It’s very fixable.

Get Clyde off the field and bring up RoJo. Have him and Pacheco get more snaps.

They also need to line up in 12 and 13 personnel more often like they did in AZ and run the ball. They just didn’t do that. Again they played like the 2019 offense, not the current new version.

Andy and Patrick’s pride and ego were their downfalls in Indy
[Reply]
FringeNC 11:50 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s very fixable.

They also need to line up in 12 and 13 personnel more often like they did in AZ and run the ball. They just didn’t do that. Again they played like the 2019 offense, not the current new version.

Orlando Brown and the rest of the line needs all the help they can get at pass protection. Putting in the worst pass blocking RB in the league doesn't seem to be the answer. Just move on to Pacheco and accept the growing pains.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:50 AM 09-27-2022
It’s very fixable.

I wonder if they didn't see Gus Bradley, expect a lot more single high and envision this as a get right game for the passing game figuring it could be a spring board for the new WR corps.

So again - Hubris. They just appear to have looked past Indy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:51 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Orlando Brown and the rest of the line needs all the help they can get at pass protection. Putting in the worst pass blocking RB in the league doesn't seem to be the answer. Just move on to Pacheco and accept the growing pains.
Hmmmm.....

Might be some truth to this.

Mismatched parts, fellas...
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:53 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wonder if they didn't see Gus Bradley, expect a lot more single high and envision this as a get right game for the passing game figuring it could be a spring board for the new WR corps.

So again - Hubris. They just appear to have looked past Indy.
They had an entirely new corps of WRs and had played 2 games together. One was amazing and the other was middling.

Isn't it a little much to jump to this narrative that they felt it would be easy to have a get-right game when their sample size of wrong games was 1 of 2?

I don't think they quite know what they have yet with their offense.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
The worst pass blocking RB in the league?

Come on man.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:58 AM 09-27-2022
This is why the “WR’s can’t get open” line is so confusing to me. Look at this. They’re dropping 7. The Chargers did that too.

All 3 LB’s dropping to the middle of the field, cover 2 in the back. It’s 7 defenders vs 4 receivers.

What do we expect to happen? And if they have a really good corner like Gilmore they’re gonna single him up on Juju, double Kelce and take the remaining 4 defenders vs 2 receiver matchup every time.

They need to establish the running game and force defenses to pull those LB’s up.

via Imgflip

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Come on man.
He's pretty bad, man.

Worse, it's an indifference thing.

Among starting caliber backs, I'm hard pressed to think of a worse one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:59 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
They had an entirely new corps of WRs and had played 2 games together. One was amazing and the other was middling.

Isn't it a little much to jump to this narrative that they felt it would be easy to have a get-right game when their sample size of wrong games was 1 of 2?

I don't think they quite know what they have yet with their offense.
Maybe.

Just spit-balling.
[Reply]
FringeNC 12:01 PM 09-27-2022

Come on man.
RONALD JONES

"In a so-far forgettable career, Jones had his most forgettable season — hitting career lows in all categories below. Additionally, he didn't improve his standing as a potential every-down option. Out of 97 running backs, he ranked 96th in pass block grade (12.4)."

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-foo...ee-agents-2022
[Reply]
TEX 12:20 PM 09-27-2022
In the offense, not on special teams.
Exactly. Hardman needs to return kicks and punts.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:30 PM 09-27-2022
The all-22 on this game is so brutal. I don’t even think it’s fair to our WR’s. There was very little time to develop plays.

Mahomes was moving to avoid pressure before routes could develop. ThTs how bad the OL was
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:30 PM 09-27-2022
This is why the “WR’s can’t get open” line is so confusing to me. Look at this. They’re dropping 7. The Chargers did that too.

All 3 LB’s dropping to the middle of the field, cover 2 in the back. It’s 7 defenders vs 4 receivers.

What do we expect to happen? And if they have a really good corner like Gilmore they’re gonna single him up on Juju, double Kelce and take the remaining 4 defenders vs 2 receiver matchup every time.

They need to establish the running game and force defenses to pull those LB’s up.

via Imgflip

I see open receivers
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:30 PM 09-27-2022
I will say this. Not only am I ready to take Moore off of punt returns, I'm ready to take Pacheco off of kick returns too. He's not getting it done at all.
Moore looks completely lost on PR. I really hope Andy doesn't trot him out there again.
[Reply]
O.city 12:32 PM 09-27-2022
If I have Patrick Mahomes at QB and Andy Reid coaching against me as an opposing DC, I want them to run the ball. Let them run it, over and over. I don't care.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 38
« First < 222829303132 33343536 > Last »
Up