ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 38
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things I think it's time for:
Chris Meck 04:15 PM 09-25-2022
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:20 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The post-Hill rationalization was being deeper at WR was better than having one generational superstar WR.

We shall see how that turns out as the season progresses.
I am fine with the approach. But at some point someone has to step up as a WR1. We don’t need to have an elite RB1 or WR1. But we do need somebody to be the primary target outside of kelce. We’ve got a lot of good support guys. We get even a middling #1 and now our WR room is actually halfway decent.

As of right now it’s not that these guys arent any good. It’s that they’re too one dimensional. We can’t just keep throwing 4.3 sprint guys out there.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:21 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Because screen passes are designed to take advantage of aggressive defenses.

Aggressive defenses aren't the problem. The Chiefs shine when they play aggressive defenses. Screens aren't effective against a 4 man rush in which the secondary is looking towards the LOS. Which is what's been giving them a hard time.

It's become apparent that playcalling is the problem, but screens aren't the answer either.
We can’t run the ball. We don’t run the ball. We don’t even like running the ball.

And defenses know it.

Just like the Bengals, teams are dropping 6-7 defenders are begging us to run the ball. I mean holy shit the Bengals dropped EIGHT players several times in the 2nd half last year and we didn’t run the ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:22 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I am fine with the approach. But at some point someone has to step up as a WR1. We don’t need to have an elite RB1 or WR1. But we do need somebody to be the primary target outside of kelce. We’ve got a lot of good support guys. We get even a middling #1 and now our WR room is actually halfway decent.

As of right now it’s not that these guys arent any good. It’s that they’re too one dimensional. We can’t just keep throwing 4.3 sprint guys out there.
I've made it through the 1st half. I'd say there's nobody open on about 25% of the plays. He had guys open on a lot of plays and just didn't have the feel for it. The line is a huge problem.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We can’t run the ball. We don’t run. The ball. We don’t even like running the ball.

And defenses know it.

Just like the Bengals, teams are dropping 6-7 defenders are begging us to run the ball. I mean holy shit the Bengals dropped EIGHT players several times in the 2nd half last year and we didn’t run the ball.
Well when it's a game like Sunday where your starting RB has 7 carries for 0 yards, kind of hard to argue that we should've ran the ball more, especially with Mahomes at QB.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Well when it's a game like Sunday where your starting RB has 7 carries for 0 yards, kind of hard to argue that we should've ran the ball more, especially with Mahomes at QB.
We had a bunch of negative run plays in the first half. It's not a mystery why they didn't run the ball more, it wasn't working. It was atrocious actually.

We've got to stop with so much RPO. Every running play takes a full second to even get started and a few times now, I've watched Mahomes make the WRONG read. It's hurting the line, it's hurting the RB's.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:26 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
2nd drive, first play. The run to CEH out of our own end zone.

Trey Smith fails to hold his block and his guy blows up CEH, almost creating a safety.

I gotta stop watching. Our offensive line is offensive.
So as I've watched a bit more trying to focus on Brown (because I don't want him to have been as bad as he felt in real time) - JESUS he was out of sync.

It wasn't necessarily that he was getting beat because he's too fat or slow or whatever. His technique and timing were just a complete mess. He was lunging really badly and often getting beat because his punch was too early so he was extended. And if he gets extended but isn't into the DE's body, he's in trouble. Without that counterbalance to push off against, whoever he's blocking is going to just sail around him.

I guess the good news is that it really does look like it was a technique issue and we know he can play better than that. I don't think this was something that is terminal. He just didn't have it at all.

The whole team just looks like they weren't ready. Everyone was just...off. Brown, for everything he's not, is a polished and physical OT. He's a guy who's experienced a fair amount of success in the league knowing how to play the position. And Sunday he looked like a rookie.

Mahomes had ball placement issues. Kelce dropped the game clinching TD. Jones had a brainfart (which sucks because MAN he was good in that game. That's gonna get lost in all the hand-wringing; he was a beast out there). I mean I'm not gonna get into the parade of foul-ups, but those are probably the 4 most important guys on the team and they all had huge hands in creating that loss.

"We're taking the Colts seriously..."

Uh...did you really? 'Cuz it sorta looks like you didn't.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 AM 09-27-2022
I will say this. Not only am I ready to take Moore off of punt returns, I'm ready to take Pacheco off of kick returns too. He's not getting it done at all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM 09-27-2022
Yeah - for some folks the answer will ALWAYS be "why didn't Andy run the ball more!??!"

Marty Vapours I guess.

And maybe it's a declarative statement more than a suggestion for some. But the bottom line is that this team really can't turn to the run game to fix any problems. They ain't good at it.

{coughcough} DitchtheRPOandOZscheme {coughcough}
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - for some folks the answer will ALWAYS be "why didn't Andy run the ball more!??!"

Marty Vapours I guess.

And maybe it's a declarative statement more than a suggestion for some. But the bottom line is that this team really can't turn to the run game to fix any problems. They ain't good at it.

{coughcough} DitchtheRPOandOZscheme {coughcough}
Yep. The RPO has got to go. Hey, hey! Ho ho!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:31 AM 09-27-2022
I will say this. Not only am I ready to take Moore off of punt returns, I'm ready to take Pacheco off of kick returns too. He's not getting it done at all.
Pacheco looks like they wanted to have a reason to keep him on the active roster. He needs to take a seat on the inactive list if they aren’t going to actually give him carries.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 09-27-2022
God that pass to Watson should have been a TD.

Not only was the throw short, it was late. If he would have thrown the ball a bit sooner and out in front, we score. He was WIDE OPEN early in the route and had the angle.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 09-27-2022
Just like Moore, Pachecho needs more offensive snaps ASAP.

These guys weren't returners in college. Let them actually do what they do best.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 09-27-2022
Just like Moore, Pachecho needs more snaps ASAP.
In the offense, not on special teams.
[Reply]
scho63 11:34 AM 09-27-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
1. You can't trot Ammendola out again. You just can't. It'd be mutiny. I don't care what you do, you have to cut him and sign someone else. I'd go for two every time and have Reid kick off before I did that again.

2. Justin Watson needs way more snaps. Yes, he could've caught that one ball today, but he's big, he's fast, hes a physical match-up problem, and he usually catches the ball. He was inches away from another big TD today. Play him.

3. It's time to get Pacheco more touches. The midget squad isn't getting it done. It's not all their fault, but at least Pacheco is big and strong enough to maybe break some tackles.

4. It's time to bench Wylie. Wanegho can't be worse, and might have upside. Just do it, for accountability's sake if nothing else.

5. I think it's time to force feed more snaps to Moore. I don't want him returning punts anymore. Put Hardman there, you know what Hardman is, and he's not a route running WR. At least he might break a PR.
I pretty much agree with all of this. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 09-27-2022
In the offense, not on special teams.
You barely beat me to my edit :-)
[Reply]
Page 31 of 38
« First < 212728293031 32333435 > Last »
Up