ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fortson to the IR
Phoneix 04:06 PM 10-17-2021
With the torn Achilles tendon - who takes his roster spot? Assuming Kelce, Bell and Gray the rest of the way....

Originally Posted by :
Unfortunately, it’s the worst-case scenario for Fortson, but there is some optimism with Hitchens.

“Jody Fortson tore his Achilles,” Reid said. “And (Anthony Hitchens) had an elbow, they’re going to MRI it tomorrow and we’ll see.”

A torn Achilles means that Fortson’s season will be over. He’ll finish the year with five receptions for 47 yards and two touchdowns on the season. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes spoke to Fortson after the game, saying he was in “good spirits.”
https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-hc-a...210454897.html
[Reply]
TLO 04:18 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Its been six weeks on pup. Do they bring kyle long to the active roster. Remmer did ok but I see him more in a backuo role.
Bring Schwartz in for a look?
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 04:22 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Long isn’t a tackle boss
At the start of the 2015 season, Long made the switch from guard to tackle. He started all 16 regular season games in 2015 and was selected to his third consecutive Pro Bowl.
[Reply]
TEX 04:30 PM 10-17-2021
Well, I figured that right when I saw it happen. Usually when somebody goes down like that after a non-contact situation, it's an achilles. Dang. He was coming around nicely.
[Reply]
oldman 04:40 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Its been six weeks on pup. Do they bring kyle long to the active roster. Remmer did ok but I see him more in a backuo role.
Doesn't matter how long he's been on PUP. One more time ---LONG ISN"T COMING BACK!!!!!!

That said, I really hated to see Fortson to go down. I had high hopes for him.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:50 PM 10-17-2021
With as beat up as Kelce looked today, this stings. If Kelce has to miss some time, I’m not sure Patrick has the trust in Grey. And obviously nobody is gonna do what Kelce does.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:51 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Doesn't matter how long he's been on PUP. One more time ---LONG ISN"T COMING BACK!!!!!!

That said, I really hated to see Fortson to go down. I had high hopes for him.
Maybe he should. It was obvious that Remmers isn't a starting T. For anyone. Got his shit pushed all day.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:51 PM 10-17-2021
With as beat up as Kelce looked today, this stings. If Kelce has to miss some time, I’m not sure Patrick has the trust in Grey. And obviously nobody is gonna do what Kelce does.
[Reply]
frozenchief 04:52 PM 10-17-2021
Maybe we can bring in a D-lineman. We’ve got enough TEs.
[Reply]
Phoneix 04:55 PM 10-17-2021
So the question remains now that we have an open roster spot, do we bring Fountain back to the active roster or maybe elevate Powell? Or do we use that spot to make the trade for Mack? Sign Gurley? I'm sure we won't stand pat with 51 players on the active roster.....just curious
[Reply]
Phoneix 04:58 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
Maybe we can bring in a D-lineman. We’ve got enough TEs.

I actually think Okafor, Danna, Nnadi, and Wharton did a fantastic job this game - heard Reed and Clark a few times as well - need to get Jones healthy
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:08 PM 10-17-2021
The condition of that field was shit.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:11 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The condition of that field was shit.
Thats exactly how they wanted it
[Reply]
TLO 05:34 PM 10-17-2021
Do we have any other injury updates?
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:34 PM 10-17-2021
Sucks. He was doing good work IMO. With Kelce dinged up, that's...not great.

As good of a time as any to point out how gimpy Kelce was and kept grinding. Dude is a tough son of a bitch.
[Reply]
oldman 05:36 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe he should. It was obvious that Remmers isn't a starting T. For anyone. Got his shit pushed all day.
Long is done, fini, lost cause, the end. I have no idea why anyone thinks otherwise.

Originally Posted by Phoneix:
So the question remains now that we have an open roster spot, do we bring Fountain back to the active roster or maybe elevate Powell? Or do we use that spot to make the trade for Mack? Sign Gurley? I'm sure we won't stand pat with 51 players on the active roster.....just curious
Well, just how many WRs do you think we need? We already have 2 that hardly played today. We need LB help, we need DE help.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up