ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Credit where it’s due to the defene
staylor26 02:18 PM 10-17-2021
Washington’s offense isn’t great, but it isn’t terrible either. Without their best player, this defense played a great game. Need to get Jones back and hopefully figure out the right role for him whether that’s moving him back inside full time or what.

I thought Nick Bolton had his best game yet.

Mike Danna and Rashad Fenton deserve mention too.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:03 PM 10-17-2021
Defense is still the NFL's version of the Keystone Cops. Hitchens and Sorensen need to stay on the bench. Jones needs to go back to DT. Scheme needs altered to fit the roster. (SIMPLIFY!) FO needs to find a veteran playmaker at LB before the trade deadline. Someone with a high football IQ. Might be time to shake up a few of the position coaches as well.
[Reply]
COchief 06:36 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Defense is still the NFL's version of the Keystone Cops.
Some say Keycops, I hear the Benny Hill theme playing while 5/11 players run around with their arms up looking at each other pre snap.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:00 PM 10-17-2021
Fenton has been playing really well
Niemann stepped in for Hichens and got roasted
Clark was getting back there a little bit
Danna with another solid outing.
Reed put some heat on at times
Gore never touched the ball
Bolton had some nice plays
Thornhill appeared to be an upgrade over Dirty Dan
Willie Gay was in a good mood
Mike Huges had a good day
Sneed stepped up

Defense had their best outing by a mile. Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:19 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is a pretty lazy take considering we held Washington to their fewest points in a game all season.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's saying the defense played well today. Biggest reason they've looked so bad thus far is the tough offenses we've faced.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:24 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fenton has been good most of the year despite the rest of the shit show.
Shit, he’s been good most of his career any time he has been needed.
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
****ing STEAL in the 6th round

I’d keep Fenton starting over Ward.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:32 PM 10-17-2021
This is a pretty lazy take considering we held Washington to their fewest points in a game all season.
Probably, as I didn't catch the game... but, the Chargers also only allowed 16 and the Bills were up 43-14 before giving up some garbage time points, so it's not terribly off the average for teams that aren't the Giants or Falcons.

And my point wasn't "they're still terrible!"... it's a bad defense that's going to look especially bad against the better offenses in the league, but even after the teams they've played, the "historically bad" defense isn't even last in any of the major categories.... and those stats will normalize a bit more as they play more of the shit teams in the league that everyone else is playing every week.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 10-17-2021
WFT was 12th on offense entering the day.

Put some RESPECT on SPAGS SOLDIERS.

Greatest defensive unit since the HERMINES!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
kcpasco 07:42 PM 10-17-2021
Turd QB
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:48 PM 10-17-2021
Their numbers did improve greatly today.
[Reply]
-King- 08:02 PM 10-17-2021
Give all the credit to Thornhill. If he didn't start they probably score 60. Maybe even 70.
[Reply]
Tribesman 08:49 PM 10-17-2021
I know the Jones DE experiment hasn't worked out, but I still wonder if he's now too undersized to play DT, at least for now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:52 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Tribesman:
I know the Jones DE experiment hasn't worked out, but I still wonder if he's now too undersized to play DT, at least for now.
Aaron Donald: 6' 1"280 lbs.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:12 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’d keep Fenton starting over Ward.
Keep Ward and start Fenton over Hughes or Baker. Keep Sneed in the slot where he can blitz and get in on more tackles.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:23 PM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
WFT was 12th on offense entering the day.

Put some RESPECT on SPAGS SOLDIERS.

Greatest defensive unit since the HERMINES!!!!!!!!
God fuck Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:30 PM 10-17-2021
It was a tale of 2 halves. I mean considering the TO's the Chiefs D did what they could. The 2nd half they seemed to play better. WAS is just not a good team.

It's a good thing this wasn't a very good team the Chiefs played because if it was, the 3 costly TO's in the first half would have resulted in a similar outcome as the BUF game.

They still have issues getting to the QB. Chiefs miss Chris Jones a lot and he needs to play DT once he comes back, allow Dana to mature and grow and hope he becomes something.

Actually heard Reed and Clark's name called a couple times today so there's that.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up