ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 72
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:02 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Mahomes runs and slides and runs for critical first downs really well.
This is when he is at his best. He hasn't done this the last few games because i believe his confidence was shaken. When he's releaxed, like in that second half, he sees the field SOOOOOO much better. He read man on 2 of those plays immediately and took off. He's still the best QB in the league guys....just a rough few weeks. He needs to settle down.

That being said.....someone other than Tyreek and Kelce needs to get the F open!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:25 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
This is when he is at his best. He hasn't done this the last few games because i believe his confidence was shaken. When he's releaxed, like in that second half, he sees the field SOOOOOO much better. He read man on 2 of those plays immediately and took off. He's still the best QB in the league guys....just a rough few weeks. He needs to settle down.

That being said.....someone other than Tyreek and Kelce needs to get the F open!!!!!!!!!
Can someone explain why Josh Gordon isn't getting more involved? I just don't get it. I know we were moving the ball in the second half but we need a third option and our other guys are proving way too unreliable. Only 9 snaps while our other WRs continue to have issues?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:29 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Can someone explain why Josh Gordon isn't getting more involved? I just don't get it. I know we were moving the ball in the second half but we need a third option and our other guys are proving way too unreliable. Only 9 snaps while our other WRs continue to have issues?
Because this isn't Madden football. Reid's offense is notoriously complicated with multiple reads every play requiring the WR and QB to make the same read and then for the WR to make the correct route adjustment on the fly. It's why Mecole often looks clueless too.

Gordon is working into the offense, but this was always how it was going to go. He'll get a little more on his plate every week, but he was never just going to show up in the first few games and set the world on fire.
[Reply]
YayMike 06:54 AM 10-18-2021
Only thing i can think of.. is he isn't up to speed on the playbook. He appeared to be in on mostly run plays because he is a really good blocker... except the time he didn't block for Tyreek on the WR Screen...
[Reply]
ChiTown 06:54 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Why don’t you do us all a favor and use a lit stick of dynamite as a dildo?
Come on, Man! You know that move was specially designed for Billay…..
[Reply]
YayMike 06:55 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Because this isn't Madden football. Reid's offense is notoriously complicated with multiple reads every play requiring the WR and QB to make the same read and then for the WR to make the correct route adjustment on the fly. It's why Mecole often looks clueless too.

Gordon is working into the offense, but this was always how it was going to go. He'll get a little more on his plate every week, but he was never just going to show up in the first few games and set the world on fire.
Exactly.

Also, i'm glad Reid 'benched' Hill for a few drives after his DROP for the INT. It was the first time I saw some sort of accountability after a mistake. Did anyone notice if Hardman got benched for a bit after his fumble? I haven't re-watched the game yet.
[Reply]
Best22 08:13 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by YayMike:
Exactly.

Also, i'm glad Reid 'benched' Hill for a few drives after his DROP for the INT. It was the first time I saw some sort of accountability after a mistake. Did anyone notice if Hardman got benched for a bit after his fumble? I haven't re-watched the game yet.
Hill got “benched” because of his injury. That’s why he was in the locker room. He slipped twice most likely due to injury
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:19 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
Hill got “benched” because of his injury. That’s why he was in the locker room. He slipped twice most likely due to injury
Pretty clear that when he came back he was healthy enough to be playing. He was definitely sent a message in the first half regardless of what the media said the reasons were for Hill not being on the field.

You could tell by the way he acted once he got back on the field and his TD celebration.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:20 AM 10-18-2021
Man we all say dumb shit on CP but Pete doubles down on stupid when it comes to football talk like very few posters.

:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:26 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

I don't expect him to set the world on fire. There are simple ways to get him involved. It may take longer to incorporate him but Reid is also notoriously slow for introducing new WRs in his offense. Keep in mind Gordon excelled in Brad Childress' offense as a rookie. Way better than some of our receivers after several years in the offense.

I get it if we want to be careful with continuity. But we're talking about receivers game after game making very costly mistakes and being mostly ineffective past the line of scrimmage. Is Gordon that far behind that he can't pass that bar?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:48 AM 10-18-2021
Andy is loyal to his guys.

There's zero chance Gordon isn't better than Robinson or Pringle. But this is the same coach that had to wait until Daniel Sorensen was literally the worst defender in the league before benching him.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:58 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Mahomes runs and slides and runs for critical first downs really well.
I read that he's actually leading the league in YPC avg.
[Reply]
Molitoth 09:20 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Man we all say dumb shit on CP but Pete doubles down on stupid when it comes to football talk like very few posters.

Right?

I say stupid reactionary shit all the time in the Gameday chat...
"FUCK THIS FUCKING TEAM" happens a lot. :-)
but what happens there stays there and all is forgotten/forgiven.

To come here and say really stupid shit and dig your heals in is a little cray cray.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:28 AM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

Pete doesn't double down. He actually believes this tripe. When challenged in this thread to provide anything to prove PM II was full of himself, Petra began lashing out by saying

Oh yea!??? So you thought we would win by three scores you mouthbreather!

When you challenge Ree xrunn, as Pete is doing in this thread, for the title of trying to the most over emotional, edgy, chic on the board, you're just not understanding what you're watching.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 10-18-2021
I'm shocked, SHOCKED that when they stopped turning it over and doing dumb shit they looked like the elite all around football team we all thought they were.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 72
« First < 182425262728 2930313238 > Last »
Up