ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Things that need to change for us to turn it around
BossChief 10:32 PM 10-10-2021
Gay and Bolton need to play the majority of the snaps at LB
Thornhill in for Sorenson
Tyrann back to playing close to the line
Get Gordon ready to play a lot and they need to get him involved early and often
Ward and Jones need to get healthy
Jones back to DT
Frank Clark needs to take whatever he was taking the second half of the year I’m 2018
Spags needs to adjust his scheme to be more aggressive
Brendan Daly needs to be fired or at minimum put on the hot seat
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:26 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Guice isn't old he's just an asshole.
We have enough of those.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:27 PM 10-10-2021
Guice isn't old he's just an asshole.
Guice is who people think Tyreek is.
[Reply]
srvy 11:27 PM 10-10-2021
My God end of last year I thought our interior O-line was horrid, and they were. But never thought we would also lose our very good tackles to career-threatening injury. This completely changed the direction of who we could bring in free agent wise but also defensively. I am not sure Brown can play LT and that Niang wouldn't be better there.

Hell, the front office had to know we were weak at safety with Thornhill struggling from injury. I think they overestimated Gay as a speed outside linebacker ignoring that he is a brokedick. I haven't totally lost faith in Veach he had a lot of hard decisions this offseason but I guess I expected the miracle worker we have seen in past.
[Reply]
srvy 11:32 PM 10-10-2021
You can't bench Dave Toubs boys.
Toub get way to much credit and influence. I thought it was time for him to go 2 years ago but he rebounded last year. Now he is back to getting too much say in who makes the team. If he was such a good ST coach he would make due with what he is given.
[Reply]
Katie 11:37 PM 10-10-2021
There was no fire in this team tonight. Either offensively or defensively. They need to focus on fundamentals and get back to what they are good at. When you need plays, go to the guys that can make plays. They didn’t do that tonight.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:39 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
My God end of last year I thought our interior O-line was horrid, and they were. But never thought we would also lose our very good tackles to career-threatening injury. This completely changed the direction of who we could bring in free agent wise but also defensively. I am not sure Brown can play LT and that Niang wouldn't be better there.

Hell, the front office had to know we were weak at safety with Thornhill struggling from injury. I think they overestimated Gay as a speed outside linebacker ignoring that he is a brokedick. I haven't totally lost faith in Veach he had a lot of hard decisions this offseason but I guess I expected the miracle worker we have seen in past.
If a guy in his second year is a broke dick...along with the other picks you aren't gonna be good.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:42 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Unless you want to see the defense be on the field even more, he has to stop turning the ball over. If your defense is terrible, the last thing you want to do is give the opponents more possessions, agree?
If on average, your team scores on a higher percentage of possessions than your opponent, it doesn't matter how many possessions there are. In fact, you will reduce variance (getting bitten by bad luck) by having more possessions in the game. If you are our opponents, do you want to see the Chiefs play up tempo or seeking to grind clock? If I am playing against the Chiefs, I rejoice every time they throw short or run the ball. If the Chiefs take 15 plays to score, chances are better they will not covert a 3rd down or commit a penalty or turnover. We have to find a way to stay aggressive. We have Kelce and Tyreek. He have to make those player count.
[Reply]
Phoneix 11:49 PM 10-10-2021
Okay, here it goes.

1. Turnovers. Mahomes is pressing. Why is he pressing? See #2.

2. Defense. When the defense couldn’t stop a wet paper sack from getting a touchdown it causes the offense to feel like they need to do everything which leads to risk taking. This is a multipart fix and I’m not really sure where to begin other than start with healthy starters.

3. Running game. I am tired of seeing CEH only get 3-4 yards on runs that should go for 10-15. Something needs to change there. McKinnon needs to be given a shot as a change of pace. Williams and Burton are great for short yardage. But our running game needs a game buster at RB.

4. Gordon. He needs to be more involved. Ideally The depth chart should be 1. Hill 2. Gordon 3. Hardman 4. Pringle. I’m over Robinson he doesn’t bring anything to this offense.

Can this be fixed? Yes. I think we will trade for some defensive help. Possibly part ways with LDT to make that happen. The good news is that 3 losses isn’t insurmountable. There is a good chance we travel in the playoffs this year if we do turn it around.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:52 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:

Three players are in their first year on the OL. All but one are under 25. They are five games in during their first season together. They are playing notably better in the run game than the Chiefs OL from a couple of years ago. I am willing to give them time. But don't insist that Patrick throw from the pocket when he has a great record when scrambling.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:55 PM 10-10-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Three players are in their first year on the OL. All but one are under 25. They are five games in during their first season together. They are playing notably better in the run game than the Chiefs OL from a couple of years ago. I am willing to give them time. But don't insist that Patrick throw from the pocket when he has a great record when scrambling.
Yeah just because he's leaving the pocket doesn't mean he's panicking. He likes to make throws from outside the pocket. It opens up throwing angles and puts pressure on the defense to cover Hill and Kelce longer. I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this shit.
[Reply]
-King- 12:09 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
If on average, your team scores on a higher percentage of possessions than your opponent, it doesn't matter how many possessions there are. In fact, you will reduce variance (getting bitten by bad luck) by having more possessions in the game. If you are our opponents, do you want to see the Chiefs play up tempo or seeking to grind clock? If I am playing against the Chiefs, I rejoice every time they throw short or run the ball. If the Chiefs take 15 plays to score, chances are better they will not covert a 3rd down or commit a penalty or turnover. We have to find a way to stay aggressive. We have Kelce and Tyreek. He have to make those player count.
I agree. But teams aren't budging from the 2 deep look because we have nothing to counter it with. Our WRs other than Hill suck. So either he breaks out and defeats the coverage himself or nothing happens.

Do you want Mahomes to just chuck 50/50 balls deep or something? Or how exactly do you think we're going to beat defenses if we don't show that the short stuff will kill them too? Why would safeties ever come down if we can't beat them with short passes or runs?
[Reply]
cdcox 12:12 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
Okay, here it goes.

1. Turnovers. Mahomes is pressing. Why is he pressing? See #2.

2. Defense. When the defense couldn’t stop a wet paper sack from getting a touchdown it causes the offense to feel like they need to do everything which leads to risk taking. This is a multipart fix and I’m not really sure where to begin other than start with healthy starters.

3. Running game. I am tired of seeing CEH only get 3-4 yards on runs that should go for 10-15. Something needs to change there. McKinnon needs to be given a shot as a change of pace. Williams and Burton are great for short yardage. But our running game needs a game buster at RB.

4. Gordon. He needs to be more involved. Ideally The depth chart should be 1. Hill 2. Gordon 3. Hardman 4. Pringle. I’m over Robinson he doesn’t bring anything to this offense.

Can this be fixed? Yes. I think we will trade for some defensive help. Possibly part ways with LDT to make that happen. The good news is that 3 losses isn’t insurmountable. There is a good chance we travel in the playoffs this year if we do turn it around.
We don't have the back on the roster for #3. McKinnon is a training camp phenom. Save the running game for short yardage or when the game is salted. Mahomes or bust.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:12 AM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He's on pace for a 20INT season. That's...part of the problem.
All but maybe one or two of his INT's this season were unlucky bounces off WR's hands.

And the 2nd INT tonight was just a great play by Rousseau.

It's not like he's throwing them recklessly into triple coverage.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:15 AM 10-11-2021
Hope Darrell runs like Damien

Hope Gordan becomes a legit 2WR in our system.

Defense?

Front seven just isn't good enough, especially the LB corps.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:16 AM 10-11-2021
I legit lol'd when Hitchens turned around and ran away from the play at one point when Moss turned a small catch into a big play.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up