ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 73
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:56 AM 10-13-2021
shitshow :-)

Just spoke with #Raiders owner Mark Davis: "I have no comment. Ask the NFL. They have all the answers." Also confirmed that Mike Mayock remains GM and now has 51 percent control of roster decisions, with interim coach Rich Bisaccia at 49 percent. Was Gruden 51/Mayock 49 before.

— Paul Gutierrez (@PGutierrezESPN) October 13, 2021

[Reply]
jd1020 11:58 AM 10-13-2021
NFL put a gun to that mans head.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:00 PM 10-13-2021
How do you split roster decisions 51/49?
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:01 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
They should let Kamala Harris decide in case of a tie...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I'm certain it means that Mayock can override the other guy anytime he likes.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:01 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:

If that's what it takes to make him get a new haircut, then so be it.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:02 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

"Now" Mayock has say in roster decisions. Be interesting how this plays out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgRLyImJ3U
[Reply]
Jerm 12:24 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Florio said all but this...said the the NFL was going to keep leaking e-mails until they fired him which is something else....
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:33 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Originally Posted by jdubya:
"Now" Mayock has say in roster decisions. Be interesting how this plays out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVgRLyImJ3U
I've said before that I felt Gruden was making the early round picks with Mayock doing the later rounds.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:14 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Florio said all but this...said the the NFL was going to keep leaking e-mails until they fired him which is something else....
How many times did Gruden F up?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:23 PM 10-13-2021
I think my favorite hypocrisy so far has been Stephan A Smith going on about Gruden and all of this.

Stephan A was suspended for domestic violence comments he made on ESPN in 2014 where he blames Ray Rice's wife and was reprimanded several months ago and took leave over making xenophobic remarks about Shoehi Ohtani.

Yet he is on CNN running his mouth about Gruden.
[Reply]
GayFrogs 10-13-2021, 02:34 PM
This message has been deleted by GayFrogs.
GayFrogs 02:36 PM 10-13-2021
I don't feel sorry for gruden at all, he's a dumb asshole who deserved to be knocked down a few pegs. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't find any statements of former players defending him.

Edit: Ah crap I did find a couple after rephrasing it...charles woodson.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:47 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:
I don't feel sorry for gruden at all, he's a dumb asshole who deserved to be knocked down a few pegs. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't find any statements of former players defending him.

Did Gruden deserve to have his career destroyed because the NFL found his e-mails useful in their attempt to prop up DeMaurice Smith and help keep him in his NFLPA leadership role?

I am not suggesting Gruden deserves sympathy... he was dumb enough to send these incriminating e-mails to an NFL-affiliated e-mail address and gave the league the ammunition to destroy him... but it is pretty brazen of the NFL to so blatantly end a HC's career for their own strategic interests.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:57 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by GayFrogs:

Tony Dungy and Tim Brown as well

For me its not so much about Gruden, as he can now go build himself a private island out of stacks of $100 bills... its that its just more cancel culture nonsense, digging into someones past from 10-11 years ago in an attempt to ruin their lives
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:14 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Tony Dungy and Tim Brown as well

For me its not so much about Gruden, as he can now go build himself a private island out of stacks of $100 bills... its that its just more cancel culture nonsense, digging into someones past from 10-11 years ago in an attempt to ruin their lives
This was less about cancel culture and way more about the rich and powerful throwing someone under the bus to save their own ass. The only reason these emails were dug up was because of a legitimate investigation. The main reason these emails were leaked is because somebody is trying to protect their ass and is destroying gruden and schefter as collateral damage.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 73
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up