ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 73
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:31 PM 10-08-2021
Smith's response was pretty classy:

“This is not the first racist comment that I’ve heard, and it probably will not be the last. This is a thick-skin job for someone with dark skin, just like it always has been for many people who look like me and work in corporate America,” Smith said. “You know people are sometimes saying things behind your back that are racist, just like you see people talk and write about you using thinly coded and racist language.

“Racism like this comes from the fact that I’m at the same table as they are, and they don’t think someone who looks like me belongs,” Smith continued. “I’m sorry my family has to see something like this, but I would rather they know. I will not let it define me.”
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:31 PM 10-08-2021

[Reply]
Cntrygal 03:31 PM 10-08-2021
So exactly how far back are we supposed to go to investigate/punish stupidity that was already acknowledged and apologized for?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 03:32 PM 10-08-2021
grabbing my popcorn.........
[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:33 PM 10-08-2021
Michelin is a fine tire.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:33 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
So exactly how far back are we supposed to go to investigate/punish stupidity that was already acknowledged and apologized for?
When was this already acknowledged and apologized for? Gruden doesn't remember writing it.
[Reply]
notorious 03:35 PM 10-08-2021
Oh shit.

This might let the Raiders out of that 10 years contract.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 03:36 PM 10-08-2021
“I’m really sorry,” Gruden said. “I was upset. I used a horrible way of explaining it. . . . I don’t think he’s dumb. I don’t think he’s a liar. I don’t have a racial bone in my body, and I’ve proven that for 58 years.”

Gruden also explained, per Beaton, that Gruden was angry over the lockout, and that he didn’t trust the direction in which the NFLPA was going. Gruden claimed that he has referred to liars as having “rubber lips” and that in this instance he took it “too far.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...maurice-smith/

And a big shit sandwich to the person that propagated a 10 year old email. Just another log on the fire that continues to burn in this country.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:38 PM 10-08-2021
Kevin Durant was able to get away with racist remarks to Michael Rapaport so I don't think he gets in trouble.

"Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch.” and that he should go outside and get some sun but that might to too dangerous for him.

So KD was able to both be racist and homophobic and no harm no foul.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:39 PM 10-08-2021
This should go in the racism is alive and kicking thread in DC so Pitt can finally go back in there.
[Reply]
Why Not? 03:39 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Kevin Durant was able to get away with racist remarks to Michael Rapaport so I don't think he gets in trouble.

Pale pasty cum guzzling bitch.” and that he should go outside and get some sun but that might to too dangerous for him.

So KD was able to both be racist and homophobic and no harm no foul.
KD doesn't need about 40 white guys to bust their ass for him every week, although I agree with your overall point.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 03:41 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
When was this already acknowledged and apologized for? Gruden doesn't remember writing it.
I was listening to one of the talk shows on the radio an hour or so ago (when I was driving) and the talking head (I think it was Doug Gotley) and he said that it had come out at the time and an apology was issued. Maybe he got it wrong or I misunderstood what he was saying since I was driving through construction at the time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:44 PM 10-08-2021
Came out because of the investigation into the WFT. :-) The one year they actually look to be decent as well. Poor Raiders.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:44 PM 10-08-2021
Who cares
[Reply]
Page 1 of 73
1 23451151 > Last »
Up