Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Media Center>Super Mario Movie in 2022
MMXcalibur 10:17 PM 09-23-2021
https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/09...-cast-revealed

Originally Posted by :
Chris Pratt Voices Mario In Illumination's Movie, Full Cast Revealed
by JOHN CARSON on Sep 23, 2021 at 06:05 PM

Shigeru Miyamoto crashed today’s Nintendo Direct to make some big announcements regarding the Mario animated movie from Illumination Entertainment. Not only did Miyamoto drop the planned release timeframe of the film, but an exact date for North America. He also revealed the star-studded cast of the movie.

Holiday 2022 is when the feature-length Mario movie will hit theaters worldwide. It premieres in North America on December 21, 2022, with dates for other territories to be announced later.

Along with the premiere timing, Miyamoto revealed a large chunk of the cast, which was:

Chris Pratt as Mario
Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
Charlie Day as Luigi
Jack Black as Bowser
Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong
Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike

Those worrying whether the traditional voice of Mario has been left out, fear not! Charles Martinet, who has been the voice of Mario and other Mushroom Kingdom residents for years, will appear in “surprise cameos” throughout the movie.

If you're not excited for Charlie Day as Luigi, then I don't want to be your friend.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:26 PM 09-24-2021
Do we really need this?
[Reply]
Fish 12:06 AM 09-25-2021

[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:54 AM 09-25-2021
I dont believe there's ever been a good movie based off of a video game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:29 PM 04-05-2023
Haven't got to see it myself yet but they actually used some of the good music from the games in the movie. Sonic movies were decent for what they are but can't understand why they didn't include even one cringey buttrock song from the games.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:35 PM 04-05-2023
Seeing it tonight at 7pm. I don't see how you can screw up this movie, or how it's a 53% according to the critics. It might not be as good as Puss and Boots 2 that I saw recently, but I don't see a way I don't enjoy myself tonight.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:40 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Seeing it tonight at 7pm. I don't see how you can screw up this movie, or how it's a 53% according to the critics. It might not be as good as Puss and Boots 2 that I saw recently, but I don't see a way I don't enjoy myself tonight.
:-) Saw a review that said the movie was 'somewhat offensive ' and 'hard to follow'. While I don't know outright spoilers, I do know the basic premise of the movie. If THATS what they came out of it with they're just impossible to please.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:42 PM 04-05-2023
Seeing it soon with the family. I know it'll be mediocre as Illumination is probably the worst big name animation studio.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:45 PM 04-05-2023
I think part of it is that back in the day, the live action Mario Bros movie was a major let down for that generations kids, which included me. I enjoyed parts of it, but it was very much a bad 90s film that for some reason teased a sequel at the end. This is the Mario movie we should've gotten, the look, the feel, the soundtrack, the animation that wasn't possible back in my childhood, even if the story sucks, even if I don't watch it again after tonight like most animated movies, I will still believe I've gotten my money's worth.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:41 PM 04-05-2023
Is Yoshi going to be in this? He’s me fave
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:44 PM 04-05-2023
Apparently there is no plot at all. I don't recall the merio games having much plot. I assume it'll have fun Easter eggs and some nostalgia.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:16 PM 04-05-2023
Huh? We know the plot from the trailer. Rescue Luigi from Bowser. And that's all it needs to be. A goofy little hour and a half love letter to the fans with nostalgia bait in every frame.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:39 PM 04-05-2023
Okay that was fun. If you are a fan, there isn't much to complain about.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:51 PM 04-05-2023
Taking my 6 year old son for a Friday night showing. He's been talking about it since he saw trailers six months ago. I have no expectations except to see Mario characters in familiar settings. No doubt he's gonna love it and that's what I really care about.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:55 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I dont believe there's ever been a good movie based off of a video game.
1993’s Super Mario Bros is still goated
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:03 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Okay that was fun. If you are a fan, there isn't much to complain about.
It exceeded expectations for us.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up