ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Media Center>Cry Macho! A story of being lost and then found.
Halfcan 09:06 PM 09-02-2021
Clint Eastwood is back.

https://www.hbomax.com/cry-macho?gcl...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
[Reply]
srvy 12:35 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Unforgiven
Kelly's Heroes
Heartbreak Ridge
The Ayatollah of Rockinrolla ruined that movie for me.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:38 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Oh yes I can… Unforgiven is his greatest work of art, and the greatest western ever made
The Outlaw Josey Wales.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:39 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Dirty Harry has to rank pretty high. I liked the first sequel too.
Absolutely. I enjoy them all.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:02 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The Outlaw Josey Wales.
It's a good movie, but the idea behind it is completely flawed. After reading some actual history, for me the movie was never the same.

During the Missouri/Kansas border war, nobody on either side deliberately killed women and children. And they didn't rape women. Ever. It just didn't happen. Even Quantrill's raiders killed zero women and children when they sacked Lawrence. Even the women dying in the jail collapse that was the trigger event for Lawrence was an accident. Many of these guys would raid and pillage throughout the week and go to church on Sunday.

The redlegs would have stolen everything, burned down the buildings and killed Wales himself, but left the wife and son alive and unhurt in the wreckage.

Most, if not all, of the movies Eastwood did with his then girlfriend Sondra Locke had rape scenes in them. They must have had a kinky relationship.
[Reply]
Mennonite 03:05 PM 09-18-2021

Most, if not all, of the movies Eastwood did with his then girlfriend Sondra Locke had rape scenes in them. They must have had a kinky relationship.

Any scene that didn't require her to act was a bonus.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:28 PM 09-18-2021
Any scene that didn't require her to act was a bonus.
She was remarkably unremarkable.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:31 PM 09-18-2021
She was remarkably unremarkable.
Yea agreed. After re watching some of those movies she’s a real drag sometimes.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:24 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea agreed. After re watching some of those movies she’s a real drag sometimes.
She was the Soffia Coppola of her day.
[Reply]
Camaro 04:46 PM 09-18-2021
This was my least favorite Clint Eastwood movie.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:22 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The Outlaw Josey Wales.
Hear ya loud and clear, love it myself… long ago forgot how many times I’ve watched it

But it’s not quite Unforgiven, a more mature and focused movie from a more mature man IMO
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:31 PM 09-18-2021
I've never known quite what to make of the opening and closing text of Unforgiven. The part about his wife and mother in law and all that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:53 PM 09-18-2021
I've never known quite what to make of the opening and closing text of Unforgiven. The part about his wife and mother in law and all that.
I think the opening is just trying to establish that he was a changed man, had fully given up the outlaw life… “Claudia Feathers Munny died not by his hand, as her mother might have expected…”

And the end just kinda let you know that his escape was successful… “it was rumored that he prospered in dry goods in San Francisco”
[Reply]
Mennonite 06:07 PM 09-18-2021
That makes sense.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:51 PM 09-18-2021
I love Unforgiven and think it's the best western ever made, but it does have one serious plot issue. Why did the whores put out a bounty on Davey, the second cowboy? It made no sense. He had nothing to do with the stabbing, obviously didn't know the stabbing was going to happen, was in the next room when the attack started, and tried, along with the other hookers, to subdue Quick Mike. Yet he got judged and ultimately killed for it as if he'd been a participant. You'd think at some point he'd stand up and say "hey, I didn't have shit to do with any of this." But he never did.

That was fucked up.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:11 AM 09-19-2021
I love Unforgiven and think it's the best western ever made, but it does have one serious plot issue. Why did the whores put out a bounty on Davey, the second cowboy? It made no sense. He had nothing to do with the stabbing, obviously didn't know the stabbing was going to happen, was in the next room when the attack started, and tried, along with the other hookers, to subdue Quick Mike. Yet he got judged and ultimately killed for it as if he'd been a participant. You'd think at some point he'd stand up and say "hey, I didn't have shit to do with any of this." But he never did.

That was ****ed up.

That's a good point. It reminds me of something that I always wondered about Lonesome Dove - did Jake Spoon deserve to be hanged? Spoon wasn't a cold blooded killer and he didn't encourage or condone Dan and his buddies slaughtering the sodbusters, but he didn't do anything to stop it. Granted, despite his bluster he wasn't really a brave man and was genuinely convinced that he would be killed if he tried to stop the others. Was he morally obligated to do something even at the cost of his own life? Gus and Woodrow obviously thought so.

Compare that to Davey in Unforgiven. Now he might not have known that Quick Mike was a psycho when they went to the whorehouse, but he did by the time they left. And yet he was still willing to stick with him. Is there such a thing as guilt by association? Sometimes I think there is.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up