ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL to strictly enforce taunting in 2021
tk13 12:19 PM 08-10-2021
Sounds like they're going to go back to cracking down on taunting this year.

The NFL's annual rule change and points of emphasis video notes game officials have been instructed to strictly enforce taunting rules in 2021. Two violations results in automatic ejection, with fines and even suspensions (!!) in play, too.https://t.co/aMafmvxwxt

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) August 10, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 AM 08-13-2021
Getting in each other faces, talking trash is as old as sports. Most, including me, think its harmless fun. But, I don't think this crack down has to do with events on the field. But, whats happening in America.
[Reply]
tk13 06:11 PM 08-15-2021

I don’t want to live in a world where this minor level of enthusiasm after steamrolling the entire defense is a 15-yard penalty what’s wrong with you @NFL pic.twitter.com/4kAk3NEkKy

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) August 15, 2021

[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 10:07 PM 08-15-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The only questionable taunting call I have seen in the last few years was the flag on Tyreek in the MNF game against the Rams. There was nothing particularly disrespectful about flashing deuces like Tyreek has done on long TDs since his second year.
I still don't understand how you can get penalized for taunting with a live ball in your hands. If the other team doesn't like it, fucking tackle the guy. Dead-ball fouls for excessive taunting, sure, I get that.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:10 PM 08-15-2021
It’s a joke.
[Reply]
eDave 03:56 PM 08-17-2021
When the NFL stepped up taunting penalties, it had this player in mind.

https://sports.yahoo.com/when-the-nf...182952271.html
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:19 AM 09-13-2021
Florio salty:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uchdown-catch/

Originally Posted by :
The NFL has made taunting a point of emphasis for 2021. It could be called the Tyreek Hill rule, given that it was the often-uncalled instances of the Chiefs receiver baiting opponents with two fingers that caused Bucs defensive back Antoine Winfield Jr. to stick the deuces in Hill’s face during the Super Bowl, which may have contributed to the effort to get officials to call the foul more often.

On Sunday, Hill tested the limits of the rule during his 75 yard catch-and-run for a touchdown that cut Cleveland’s margin to two points, 29-27. While running to the end zone, Hill made his trademark gesture and generally flashed his fingers in the direction of Browns safety John Johnson. Hill wasn’t flagged.

Whether he should have been is a different issue. What he was doing was obvious. He muted the gesture, looking around at the officials while doing so, in order to avoid getting caught. It will be interesting to see whether he eventually gets fined; that would essentially become an admission by the league office that he should have been penalized.

Fifteen yards on the ensuing kickoff could have helped the Browns. They otherwise started on their own 25, and a three-and-out effort led to the punting mishap that gave the Chiefs a short field that allowed them to take the lead. At a minimum, the field wouldn’t have been as short for the go-ahead score.

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:27 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Florio salty:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...uchdown-catch/
In the general direction? There wasnt anyone within 15 fucking yards of him lol. IMO that was towards the crowd.
[Reply]
eDave 08:37 AM 09-13-2021
Hill peaced the ground. But yea, he knew what he was doing and was within the letter of the law.

Talk shows said it was to the crowd.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:38 AM 09-13-2021
Yea was shocked there wasn't a flag there, thought that was a part of the whole deal.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 08:47 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Yea was shocked there wasn't a flag there, thought that was a part of the whole deal.
The whole stadium would have lost their shit if that got called.

Now, if he had back flipped into the end zone instead of his spin I would have expected the flag.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:54 PM 10-18-2021

Rodgers just solved taunting. Taunt fans, not players.

— Mina Kimes (@minakimes) October 17, 2021

[Reply]
Bump 06:21 PM 10-18-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
ridiculous
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up